Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2014, 10:36   #1

Route query: Udhampur to Bangalore?

Dear Friends,

I am planning on a road trip from Udhampur to Bangalore with my dog Simba (Lab), in Bear LT, in Sep 14 due to re-location. I have short listed two routes as under :-

Route 1 :Udhampur - Hisar (Night Halt) -Jaipur (Night Halt) - Ahmedabad (Night Halt) - Bijapur (Night Halt) - Bangalore.

Route 2 : Udhampur - Delhi (Night Halt) - Gwalior (Night Halt) - Bhopal (Night Halt) - Nagpur (Night Halt) - Hyderabad (Night Halt) - Bangalore.

Please share your experiences (even if it is one of the stretches mentioned) and advice. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Old 20th August 2014, 12:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Route query: Udhampur to Bangalore?

I would recommend the following route

Udhampur >> Hisar >> Bhilwara (Neemuch if you have army/services connections) >> Ahmednagar (can be replaced with Poona in case of Neemuch above) >> Belgaum >>Bangalore

Poona Bangalore can be done in a day, however in view of the exhaustive drives on previous days I would advise against it. The above stretches are on an average around 650 kms. each unlike the ambitious Ahmedabad > Bijapur which is 1000 plus kms. on roads that have humongous traffic volume. BTW how did you factor in Bijapur?

From the routes plotted by you the first one may see you getting stuck on the Narmada bridge and then you will definitely have to face the Ghodbunder Road > Thane > New Bombay > Poona > Katraj stretch which is mired with ever on going bridge and road repair works and the ensuing madness.

On the other route the road conditions between bhopal > Nagpur has areas of concern in terms of the condition of road surface or lack thereof.

The other thing that has me wondering is as to what happens if you are not able to locate pet friendly accommodation for Simba, unless of course there is a services connection (Udhmapur in my mind = Udhmapur air force base).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahaltore View Post
I am planning on a road trip from Udhampur to Bangalore with my dog Simba (Lab), in Bear LT, in Sep 14 due to re-location.

Last edited by khoj : 20th August 2014 at 12:16.
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 16:01   #3

Thanks Khoj for the advice.

Your guess is correct. I would be banking on the Army / Air Force accommodation en route.

Actually my Option 1 route from Ahmadabad to Bijapur has a night halt at Deolali, which I inadvertently have missed out.

With the halt at Deolali, I should be able to achieve my proposed schedule easily. My apprehension is actually on the route between Ahmadabad and Deolali and between Bijapur and Bangalore, which I am not familiar with.

I am going to Bijapur since I have a friend there whom I have not met for a long time.

Regards
Old 20th August 2014, 16:46   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dear Friends,

I am planning on a road trip from Udhampur to Bangalore with my dog Simba (Lab), in Bear LT, in Sep 14 due to re-location. I have short listed two routes as under :-

Route 1 :Udhampur - Hisar (Night Halt) -Jaipur (Night Halt) - Ahmedabad (Night Halt) - Bijapur (Night Halt) - Bangalore.
I think instead of Bijapur, you should Jaipur-AMD-Pune-Belgaum-Bangalore.
That would be a much better option.

Any specific reasons for Bijapur?
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 20:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well, Ahmedabad to Deolali camp has two options, the first one is driving on the NH 8 up to Kadodara (satellite town of Surat)and taking a left turn on to the NH 6 and then following signboard for 'Saputara'. This is a popular 'hill station' and lots of people from Surat head out there especially on weekends, so should be easy to follow signage. You will have to take a left at Jakahari on to SH 172. After Saputara follow the signage for 'VANI'. This is a place of religious significance and another popular place especially for people from Nasik.

Ahmedabad >> Kadodara >>NH6 >>Jakhari >>SH 172 (via Purna sanctuary) >> Shamghan (merge with NH 360 coming from Kharel on NH8) >> Saputara >> Nasik >> Deolali approx 500 kilometres.

The second and better option is to continue past Surat on NH8 and at Chikhli look out for NH360 coming from Billimora. Again follow the NH360 all the way (via Vasanda sanctuary) to Saputara >> Vani.

At Vani (you will not actually be in Vani but at the turnoff to Vani, this will be on to your left.) there are two ways to go :

The first is to go down a bit on this road and then turn right towards Ozar (MIDC Ozar) and then follow this road to Dindori and onwards to Nasik. The turn off will be to your right. The road is narrow and will see a lot of traffic from the MIDCs that pop up regularly on this road.

The other is to proceed straight on 360 and hit "Pimpalegaon" (The Onion city) and take a right on to NH3 coming from Bhilwara/Neemuch. This though longer is a much easier route. Mind you the 360 is not 4 laned but the NH3 is a 6 lane runway (except for a 25 kilometre stretch after Chittaurgarh) all the way to Bombay via Nasik and Deolali.

Bijapur >> Bangalore is fairly simple it is a straight run on NH13 from Bijapur to Hospet on wards to Chitradurga from where you can drive on the GQ AH47 coming from Poona and direct to Bangalore.

Quote:
Actually my Option 1 route from Ahmadabad to Bijapur has a night halt at Deolali, which I inadvertently have missed out.

My apprehension is actually on the route between Ahmadabad and Deolali and between Bijapur and Bangalore, which I am not familiar with.

I am going to Bijapur since I have a friend there whom I have not met for a long time.

Regards

Last edited by khoj : 20th August 2014 at 21:24.
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2014, 12:33   #6

Re: Route query: Udhampur to Bangalore?

Guys,
Finally have decided to take the following route to Bangalore:
Udhampur - Jammu - Hisar (night halt) - Delhi - Noida - Gwalior (night halt) - Sagar (night halt) - Nagpur (night halt) - Secunderabad (night halt) - Bangalore.
Please do give any gyan you guys have, even if it is about a portion only. Thanks in advance.
I shall post a detailed route info for anyone planning a trip to Jammu / Katra / Leh/ Srinagar.
Old 31st August 2014, 13:23   #7
Team-BHP Support

Re: Route query: Udhampur to Bangalore?

Quote:
Guys,
Finally have decided to take the following route to Bangalore:
Udhampur - Jammu - Hisar (night halt) - Delhi - Noida - Gwalior (night halt) - Sagar (night halt) - Nagpur (night halt) - Secunderabad (night halt) - Bangalore.
Please do give any gyan you guys have, even if it is about a portion only. Thanks in advance.
I would still vote for the Ahmedabad/Mumbai/Pune sector. Its much better that way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks