Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2006, 19:01   #1
BHPian

Info needed about Shoghi

Hi,

My Lansdowne trip is off due to unavailability of accomodation; now I am planning to drive to Shoghi.
Any info on Shoghi? Khaadu, where are you man; guide me.

\N
Old 3rd August 2006, 23:14   #2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer
Hi,

My Lansdowne trip is off due to unavailability of accomodation; now I am planning to drive to Shoghi.
Any info on Shoghi? Khaadu, where are you man; guide me.

\N
Hey, I'm rite here .... but why the hell do you wanna drive to Shoghi ??? There is nothing in Shoghi that even I can suggest ... its just another town en route home !!

be more specific ... and I will help !! Though if yo take my suggestion , why dont you go to Naldhera or Chail or even drive upto Narkanda , but why wud someone wanna go to Shoghi ( I cant understand ) ...

Cheers
Old 4th August 2006, 10:13   #3
BHPian

Completely agree with
Quote:
why the hell do you wanna drive to Shoghi ???

Chail is surely a good option. I will also recommend Sarahan with a stop-over at Chail if you have time and are interested in tranquility.
Old 4th August 2006, 11:03   #4

Even Fagu is a better option than Shoghi.
I love the panaromic view of dhauladhar from Hotel Peach Blossom.
Old 4th August 2006, 11:46   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, I'm rite here .... but why the hell do you wanna drive to Shoghi ??? There is nothing in Shoghi that even I can suggest ... its just another town en route home !!

be more specific ... and I will help !! Though if yo take my suggestion , why dont you go to Naldhera or Chail or even drive upto Narkanda , but why wud someone wanna go to Shoghi ( I cant understand ) ...

Cheers
The Outlook traveller's guide describes it a romantic place with a few million photo-ops (their words); that's why thought about it.

I had been to Chail (last year) and Narkanda (3 years ago, before I joined t-bhp and knew you); and wifey isn't interested in visiting same places again.

Suggest some good place; my only considerations are -

1. Hilly drive not more than 100-120 KMs
2. Decent and reasonable hotels (preferably withing 1000-1200 bucks; can't afford the 5000 bucks a night resorts)

\N

Last edited by ntomer : 4th August 2006 at 11:48.
Old 4th August 2006, 12:23   #6
BANNED

Quote:
The Outlook traveller's guide describes it a romantic place with a few million photo-ops (their words); that's why thought about it.

\N
Hey, Outlook Travellers guide can describe any place as romantic with a million photo ops .. after all they have to try and make the book as thick as they can . !!!

Quote:
I had been to Chail (last year) and Narkanda (3 years ago, before I joined t-bhp and knew you); and wifey isn't interested in visiting same places again.
Understandable that she doesn't wanna go to these places again .... Chail is full of honeymoon couples with jazzily done up cars, loads and loads of gold on display , loud punjabi music and then there are the millions and millions of monkeys who can make ur journey miserable ..

Quote:
Suggest some good place; my only considerations are -

1. Hilly drive not more than 100-120 KMs
2. Decent and reasonable hotels (preferably withing 1000-1200 bucks; can't afford the 5000 bucks a night resorts
1. Do you consider Kalka - Simla as a hilly section coz if you do then ur travelling range finishes by the time you reach Simla ( approx ) !!!

2. Hotels like hotels in other tourist towns can be had from 300 -5000 bucks a nite ... so that shudn't be a problem but what can be a problem is if you planning to go for the next week end coz the entire Panjab , plenty of Haryana and a whole lot of Delhi will be there !!! So maybe getting rooms cud be tuff or maybe you cud get in a situation in which you just mite have to take a 5000 Rs a nite room ... !!!

Also what exactly do you take a break in the hills for .... ?? Then maybe I can suggest something for you ....

Cheers
Old 4th August 2006, 12:34   #7
BHPian

Quote:
1. Do you consider Kalka - Simla as a hilly section coz if you do then ur travelling range finishes by the time you reach Simla ( approx ) !!!
man i am a plains guy; for me it's hilly section :-) Actually I have a 3.5 years old kid; she gets dizzy on long hill drives. therefore i am not looking for hilly drives more than 150 KMs max.

Quote:
Also what exactly do you take a break in the hills for .... ?? Then maybe I can suggest something for you ....
solace, long walks, nature and photography.

\N
Old 4th August 2006, 12:42   #8
BANNED

Quote:
man i am a plains guy; for me it's hilly section :-) Actually I have a 3.5 years old kid; she gets dizzy on long hill drives. therefore i am not looking for hilly drives more than 150 KMs max.

solace, long walks, nature and photography.

\N
Hey, So the options really get cut down coz the actual beauty of Himachal is once you cross Simla but as you dont wanna drive too much why dont u look at Kasauli and surrounding areas !! There are some nice resorts in that area which wud offer you nice quiet walks ... nature .... photography , though personally I wudn't know which is a gud resort and which aint .

I cud have offered you Kotgarh but then its quiet far and wud be tiring for the lil one .... you'd get everything there --- solace, long walks, nature and photography and free accomo , actually not free coz u'd have to treat me to one sessin of KFs once back in Delhi

Cheers
Old 4th August 2006, 13:04   #9
BHPian

Quote:
I cud have offered you Kotgarh but then its quiet far and wud be tiring for the lil one .... you'd get everything there --- solace, long walks, nature and photography and free accomo , actually not free coz u'd have to treat me to one sessin of KFs once back in Delhi

Cheers
any time for KFs buddy!
we have been to Kasauli as well :-( looks like i've exhausted my options.
i was talking to a Kumaoni friend; he suggested Mukteshwar, it's about 90 KMs from Kathgodam and suits my requirements. So in all probability i'm heading there.
thanx anyways for all the help :-)

\N

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks