Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2015, 22:16   #1
BHPian

Patiala -> Udaipur via Rohtak?

Hi guys,

I am planning a Road Trip with my friends from Patiala.
The location is not yet decided. Have a few in my mind but after putting the following conditions, they reduce to 1: Udaipur

Conditions: (flexible)
- No hilly drive because of less experience with hills
- No Amritsar (Been there recently)
- No public transport
- Sort of weekend trip
- Dates finalised: 13th, 14th, 15th of February (Fri, Sat, Sun)

Possible Locations:
1. Tirthan Valley
A beautiful place, best choice for weekend trip, but good amount of hill drive involved. Though I still keep this option open. Some insight into the route regarding how rough road is, Is it OK for first/second timers?, Anything else related?

2. Udaipur
It is far, but no problem with 4 drivers among pack of 4. As of now we have decided to go for Udaipur and brainstorming on route and itinerary.

3. Any other places ?
We are interested in road traveling, on-way beauty, photographic moods, less of history, religious stuff, exploring.

Proposed Itinerary:

Day1, 13th, Friday: Patiala - Jaipur
Leave after attending classes till 12PM. Limited roaming in Jaipur, like Chokhi Dhani, etc
(Just noticed its "13th Friday", Scary)

Day2, 14th, Saturday: Jaipur - Udaipur - Mount Abu
Leave early morning for Udaipur. Roam around in Udaipur and reach Mount Abu for night stay.

Day3, 15th, Sunday: Mount Abu - Jaipur
Roam around in Mount Abu and reach Jaipur for night stay.

Day4, 16th, Monday: Jaipur - Patiala
Leave very early and reach Patiala before lunch to attend second half of college, after all attendance matters.

Alternative:

Day1, 13th, Friday: Patiala - Udaipur
Rest

Day2, 14th, Saturday: Udaipur - Mount Abu
Roam around in Udaipur and night at Mount Abu. Is it possible that we visit places in Mount Abu the same day ?

Day3, 15th, Sunday: Mount Abu - Jaipur
Roam around and reach Jaipur.
Is it possible to reach Patiala from Mount Abu same day? Or instead of Jaipur, we stay in Gurgaon same day?

Day4, 16th, Monday: To Patiala

Route(s)
We would prefer most economical, being just a bunch of students. Have highlighted the route which I prefer. But I am completely unaware of most of the routes. I am familiar with route from Rewari to Jaipur only. It is said the roads in deep Haryana are well maintained. (Only unsafe at night because of less traffic)

Overall

Name:  main.PNG
Views: 2168
Size:  223.7 KB

Patiala - Jaipur:

Name:  before_jaipur.PNG
Views: 2559
Size:  211.9 KB

via Bhiwani or via Rohtak ?

Jaipur - Udaipur

Name:  jaipurudaipur.PNG
Views: 1698
Size:  180.9 KB

Most followed is Chittorgarh, but I felt the highlighted one would be more economical and also the difference in time quoted by maps is not much.

Udaipur - Mount Abu

Patiala -> Udaipur via Rohtak?-mt_abu.png

I guess no questions in the route here. Unless there are plans for Mount Abu - Jaipur

Waiting for the replies!
Old 5th February 2015, 11:45   #2
BHPian

re: Patiala -> Udaipur via Rohtak?

Some recommendations -Mount Abu and Chokhi dhani can be skipped. Too pricey and nothing much to see there. See places not to visit thread in forum.
mandyrana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 12:43   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyrana View Post
Some recommendations -Mount Abu and Chokhi dhani can be skipped. Too pricey and nothing much to see there. See places not to visit thread in forum.
Thanks!
I would skip Mount Abu. A day would be saved.

BUT, Could we encounter any scenic beauty while driving to Mount Abu? We might be able to enjoy the drive to Mount Abu instead of Mount Abu itself.

Regarding Chokhi Dhani, we might enjoy with friends. It would be more of loitering around with friends than gaining insight into Rajasthan culture.

While brainstorming we came up with few alternative destinations, with a little compromise in the restrictions.
1. Rishikesh
2. Ranthambore
3. Nainital
4. Jim Corbett

Which would the wise choice? Given there is minimum hill drive involved and we can appreciate beauty en route.

I know we expect a lot from this small road trip but just trying to get the most optimum choice with little sacrifice here and there.
Old 5th February 2015, 14:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Tirthan Valley-It may test your driving skills, but i would still recommend that you give it a go, roads are not that good especially around bilaspur, post that it should be a good run. And you will have opportunity to touch snow, just in case if you are interested.

For Jaipur-You may want to stick to Pataila-Ambala-Panipat-Rohtak-Jaipur, just for the pleasure of driving on good highways, i did this route in early january in a rally prepped gypsy and it was a good run
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 20:53   #5
BHPian

Re: Patiala -> Udaipur via Rohtak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashir View Post
Thanks!
I would skip Mount Abu. A day would be saved.

BUT, Could we encounter any scenic beauty while driving to Mount Abu? We might be able to enjoy the drive to Mount Abu instead of Mount Abu itself.

Regarding Chokhi Dhani, we might enjoy with friends. It would be more of loitering around with friends than gaining insight into Rajasthan culture.

While brainstorming we came up with few alternative destinations, with a little compromise in the restrictions.
1. Rishikesh
2. Ranthambore
3. Nainital
4. Jim Corbett

Which would the wise choice? Given there is minimum hill drive involved and we can appreciate beauty en route.

I know we expect a lot from this small road trip but just trying to get the most optimum choice with little sacrifice here and there.
Chokhi dhani you can visit one day trip from Patiala to karnal
Old 5th February 2015, 23:16   #6
BHPian

Re: Patiala -> Udaipur via Rohtak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyrana View Post
Chokhi dhani you can visit one day trip from Patiala to karnal
No offence.
I found that Chokhi Dhani to be nowhere close to the one in Jaipur. Anyway, we won't go Chokhi Dhani in Jaipur. Might not reach there in time.

Any views for other alternative routes/itinerary, anyone ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks