Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2007, 19:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Can you tell me how many kms it is totally (possibly break up)? Where all did you find (veg) restaurents?

Did you take same route back? Is it decent enough route to drive in night?
I did this route in May 07. It is good but slow due to villages on the route. takes longer about 14 hrs driving. distance is 670 approx. some parts like the ghat rd is very narrow, but very beautiful
Old 9th September 2011, 14:10   #32
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Goa

I'm looking to travel during Oct 1st wk... has someone travelled lately?
Old 1st October 2011, 13:06   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
I'm looking to travel during Oct 1st wk... has someone travelled lately?
@Airwind, What route are you planning to take?

Note from Mod: Please refer to this newer thread for Bangalore to Goa advice : LINK

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd August 2013 at 02:09. Reason: Closing old thread. Linking to new one.
Old 11th January 2014, 21:53   #34

My husband and I drove from Bangalore to Goa in December. We took the hubli route. With all stops it took us 12 hours to reach. But I have to say, the roads were a dream. There is this patch of around 60 kms, SH-6, which connects NH4 (Bangalore - Hubli highway) to the Hubli-karwar highway, in some pockets this road is really bad. With a lot of potholes, and small villages on the way which break your speed. But it is a very small price to pay for the rest of the 500 kms, which are smooth as butter. Definitely recommend this route to go to goa.
shuchi05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 23:05   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuchi05 View Post
My husband and I drove from Bangalore to Goa in December. We took the hubli route. With all stops it took us 12 hours to reach. But I have to say, the roads were a dream. There is this patch of around 60 kms, SH-6, which connects NH4 (Bangalore - Hubli highway) to the Hubli-karwar highway, in some pockets this road is really bad. With a lot of potholes, and small villages on the way which break your speed. But it is a very small price to pay for the rest of the 500 kms, which are smooth as butter. Definitely recommend this route to go to goa.
Ahaa. that 60 Kms- SH-6 is the Bankapur-Mundgod-Yellapur stretch. good that there are reports (including yours) that some pockets on this road is really bad. there were some other drivers recommending to completely avoid this road and drive via Hubli-Kalghatgi-Yellapur or even pass Hubli-Dharwad and just before Belgaum, take a detour at Kittur Via Khanapur-Jamboti to Goa. Surprising as it might seem. the Kittur -Jamboti route is shorter than Karwar route if your destination is somewhere in North Goa. Thanks for sharing. Now we know which route to avoid.
Old 17th February 2014, 15:51   #36
BHPian

Planning on driving Bangalore - Goa first week of May. Ten of us, one swift, one FZ-S, one Karizma and one Bullet. Thanks a million for all the tips.

Planning on using the hubli route, although, the thought of SH6 is demotivating.

I shall post details and pics after the trip!
Old 10th September 2014, 08:50   #37
BHPian

Hey DDiSLover! How were the roads during your trip? Waiting for the pics
Old 10th September 2014, 12:22   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo_shiva View Post
Hey DDiSLover! How were the roads during your trip? Waiting for the pics
Didn't go :(

Couple of friends fell ill during that time (kidney stone, low BP, good variety I must say ) and most of us have been busy after that ...
Old 10th September 2014, 12:37   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Didn't go :(

Couple of friends fell ill during that time (kidney stone, low BP, good variety I must say ) and most of us have been busy after that ...
Oops, sorry abt that. Hope you make that trip soon

I'm planning a trip with my friends next week and was interested in hearing about the latest on this route.
Old 15th September 2014, 14:25   #40
BHPian

Guys heading to Karwar with family on Oct 2nd long weekend. I had a query on food stops after you cross Hubli heading to Karwar:

Any good (non veg, fishiterian) restaurant in Ankola town? If not Ankola, anywhere between Hubli and Ankola somewhere in Yellapur? Guys please advice
Old 2nd April 2015, 18:53   #41
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Please continue on this thread
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks