Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2015, 17:54   #1
BHPian

Planning a road-trip from Delhi to Pachmarhi (MP)

Hello Friends,

I am planning a self driven family trip from Delhi to Pachmarhi (MP), during this Diwali. starting 11th Nov and back on 14th Nov.

The route I have planned as suggested by gmaps is Delhi-Agra (via expressway)-gwalior-jhansi-lalitpur-malthone- outskirts of Sagar-barmaan-gadharwara-bankhedi-mathkuli-pachmarhi, a total of 915kms.

Experts please advise if this route is fine, and can it be done at a single stretch, gmaps suggests 14hrs with traffic. Any inputs on the road condition, precautions safety, etc are all welcome.
Thank you.
Old 9th October 2015, 08:45   #2
BHPian

re: Planning a road-trip from Delhi to Pachmarhi (MP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somu_john View Post
Hello Friends,

The route I have planned as suggested by gmaps is Delhi-Agra (via expressway)-gwalior-jhansi-lalitpur-malthone- outskirts of Sagar-barmaan-gadharwara-bankhedi-mathkuli-pachmarhi, a total of 915kms.
915 kms will be a bit of stretch but doable. I can give inputs upto Sagar.

I just drove 15 days back from Chandigarh to Bhatapara ( 85 kms ahead of Raipur) in my Nanook (Creta) and took the route Chandigarh-Delhi-Agra-Jhansi-Sagar-Kandla-Bhatapara.

As far as Taj express way to Sagar outskirts is concerned the route is very good except for a small stretch at Dabra close to Gwalior which is bad. So you should be able to reach Sagar from Delhi in about 10 hours

I have no idea about Sagar to Pachmari as i took the other route so please check that out
nkghai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 10:42   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
As far as Taj express way to Sagar outskirts is concerned the route is very good except for a small stretch at Dabra close to Gwalior which is bad. So you should be able to reach Sagar from Delhi in about 10 hours
Thank you, so what was the approx distance covered from Delhi to sagar in 10 hrs. i'm only concerned about reaching pachmarhi past 7pm. If roads are good then I guess one can clock in an average of 70 kms per hour without much difficulty. If I leave Delhi by about 4am, then I should be able to reach by 7pm, after calculating stoppage time of around 2hrs for food and leisure. I have heard roads from Matkuli to pachmarhi is good.

Now I need some info on the route from sagar upto matkuli. Friends can somebody through some light to this route. thanks in advance.

Last edited by somu_john : 9th October 2015 at 10:46.
Old 9th October 2015, 11:55   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, so what was the approx distance covered from Delhi to sagar in 10 hrs. i'm only concerned about reaching pachmarhi past 7pm. If roads are good then I guess one can clock in an average of 70 kms per hour without much difficulty. If I leave Delhi by about 4am,
Early start on a long trip is always good IMO. I always load my vehicle a day prior.
with an early start, you should be able to cross Agra before hustle bustle starts.

I did not stop in Delhi and hit Yamuna expressway from Noida straight. Your distance to Sagar as per my notings should be approx 635 kms. Also, i had a brand new vehicle so never crossed 90 kmph even on Yamuna Expressway. Kept the rpm between 2200 and 2300. You can do better timing, but safety should always come first and not timing.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 12:07   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Early start on a long trip is always good IMO. I always load my vehicle a day prior.
with an early start, you should be able to cross Agra before hustle bustle starts.

I did not stop in Delhi and hit Yamuna expressway from Noida straight. Your distance to Sagar as per my notings should be approx 635 kms. Also, i had a brand new vehicle so never crossed 90 kmph even on Yamuna Expressway. Kept the rpm between 2200 and 2300. You can do better timing, but safety should always come first and not timing.
loading the previous night, is a good idea in order to save time...So you managed an average of 64 with a new vehicle. 635kms covers roughly 2/3rd of my journey in 10 hours, this sounds good for me.

By the way is visiting Jhansi or gwalior fort enroute feasible, or rather is it worth spending additional time on them, your views please.

Last edited by somu_john : 9th October 2015 at 12:12.
Old 9th October 2015, 12:19   #6
BHPian

Quote:
loading the previous night, is a good idea in order to save time...So you managed an average of 64 with a new vehicle. 635kms covers roughly 2/3rd of my journey in 10 hours, this sounds good for me.

By the way is visiting Jhansi or gwalior fort enroute feasible, or rather is it worth spending additional time on them, your views please.
Purely your choice. I have no idea. Some body else who has an idea can pitch in.

I had friends in Agra and Jhansi cantonments so had meals with them.

Stopped in Agra for purchasing and the family wanted to see the fort so it was arranged. Finally spent the night in Agra with my friends.

Had lunch in Jhansi Cantt en-route to Sagar next day and subsequently halted at Sagar Cantt for night.

What i mentioned to you was driving times since we kept a note of kms traveled and time at start and end of each break in the three day journey.
Old 9th October 2015, 12:40   #7
BHPian

Quote:

What i mentioned to you was driving times since we kept a note of kms traveled and time at start and end of each break in the three day journey.
Hmmm, so you haven't visited the fort yourself. What is your opinion on Creta, I would like to upgrade to Creta, in the near future.
Old 9th October 2015, 14:43   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm, so you haven't visited the fort yourself. What is your opinion on Creta, I would like to upgrade to Creta, in the near future.
I am in love with this car.

Check out his link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...true-call.html

Have driven 1930 kms till now and have enjoyed every bit. What i like most
  • Drives extremely well on good roads and bad terrain too.
  • Although looks are personal choice, i am still smitten by Nanook looks
  • NVH levels are par excellence
  • The cabin gives a good feel with extremely good fit and finish
  • Always wanted an SUV type of vehicle which gives the feel of sedan and this fits the bill perfectly

A photograph on Taj Expressway. Loved the drive
Attached Thumbnails
Planning a road-trip from Delhi to Pachmarhi (MP)-20.jpg  

nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 11:21   #9
BHPian

Re: Planning a road-trip from Delhi to Pachmarhi (MP)

Quote:
Hello Friends,

I am planning a self driven family trip from Delhi to Pachmarhi (MP), during this Diwali. starting 11th Nov and back on 14th Nov.
How was the trip and what is the feedback on the road condition close to Pachmarhi
Old 19th October 2015, 00:03   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Just fine tune your route, contunue on NS Corridor beyond Sagar till Kareli (Just few kms short of Narshinghpur), take a right turn towards Piparia via Gadarwara. From Piparia Pachmarhi is via Matkuli. Please make sure you do not miss Kareli, that is the point you will leave 4 lane NS Corridor for 2 lane state highways.
This can easily be done in 15 hours drive time.

gmap route https://goo.gl/MWC2cc (check this only on desktop and not mobile)
rkhare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 11:20   #11
BHPian

Quote:
How was the trip and what is the feedback on the road condition close to Pachmarhi
Hi, My trip is during Diwali, starting 11th Nov, shall update you after my trip.
Old 20th October 2015, 11:37   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhare View Post
Just fine tune your route, contunue on NS Corridor beyond Sagar till Kareli (Just few kms short of Narshinghpur), take a right turn towards Piparia via Gadarwara. From Piparia Pachmarhi is via Matkuli. Please make sure you do not miss Kareli, that is the point you will leave 4 lane NS Corridor for 2 lane state highways.
This can easily be done in 15 hours drive time.

gmap route https://goo.gl/MWC2cc (check this only on desktop and not mobile)
Hi...thanks for the info, as I can see,this route is longer by 9kms, when compared to my initial route. Are you suggesting this because this route is better off and would save time even though it is longer.
Old 22nd October 2015, 14:14   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Hi...thanks for the info, as I can see,this route is longer by 9kms, when compared to my initial route. Are you suggesting this because this route is better off and would save time even though it is longer.
The route I suggested is :
  • Best in terms of condition
  • Probably fastest, and
  • Standard route used by all
rkhare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 15:06   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

I completed the trip and all inputs from you and all other friends here came to use. Thank you all. The road from Pipariya to Pachmarhi is good, one can manage an average in between 50-60 kms, although it is winding and narrow. I could reach my destination which is beyond pachmarhi town in less than 50 mins.
Old 16th November 2015, 16:16   #15
BHPian

Ok here goes a little travelogue on my trip.

We hit the ring road by 4am on 10th Nov, and reached Agra by 6.00 am via yamuna expressway. The road from agra to gwalior is not complete, only some sections have 4 lane high way otherwise both traffic use the same road. Roads upto Jhansi is also likewise but I found it to be slightly better. We reached Jhansi by around 10.30 am and had covered approx 500kms. Good restaurants were hard to comeby, anyhow we had a 1 hour stop, and a little brunch in a restaurant.

Now it was time for the second leg of our journey, jhansi to sagar, we took the route through the cantonment area, which was also a single lane route that lasted for around 30kms, then we entered into NH 26, the roads were a breeze from here on upto kareli . Very few traffic, straight beautiful roads but lots of toll gates, I guess we would have spent close to Rs.3000 on tolls alone both ways. The average speeds here was 120 -140, at few occasions the speedo kissed the 165kmph mark, while my garmin nuvi was showing 159km/h, this was the top speed I could do on my i20 asta, 2009 model. Our speed runs were mostly abrupted by reckless bikers and buffaloes, and cows that would come out from nowhere.

We reached Kareli by 5.30pm approx, by now our third and final leg of the journey began, kareli to pipariya was approx 90kms and single road, road was not that good the maximum speed I could do occassionally was 120kmph otherwise 70-80 lots of traffic and slow moving tractors caused much delay. We reached Pipariya by, 7.20pm, and were already heading our way to Pachmarhi by 7.30pm. The roads were good although it was a single lane, once you cover around 20 kms, the roads becomes very narrow and winding along with climb. Once we got stuck for few mins to give way to a volvo bus that was going down to pipariya, finally we reached our destination by 8.15pm.

The next two days we spend time sightseeing in Pachmarhi, it was indeed a beautiful place.

Our return journey began on 13th by 4.45 am, our route was same but ended in, Agra for the day, reached Agra by 6.00pm, we stayed overnight and next day visited Fatehpur Sikri, and Agra city, we left Agra by 6.00pm and reached delhi, by 9.00pm on 14th Nov.

Trip Statistics
Total Distance covered- 2188 kms( both ways)
Total travel time Delhi to Pachmarhi- 14.15hrs driving time -approx 13hrs
Pachmarhi to Agra 13.5 hrs driving time approx 12.5 hrs
Total Amount spend on fuel- Rs10100.
Total fuel purchased- 152 l approx (3/4th tank fuel left after journey)
Mileage- 16km/l approx (mostly spirited driving)
somu_john is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks