Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2019, 12:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune - Karwar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
I did Pune to Karwar on 30th. .
Thanks for this update, I might use this route while visiting South Goa / Karwar later this month. Would you mind sharing which hotel you stayed in at Karwar, and your feedback about it?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 7th January 2019, 23:28   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Thanks for this update, I might use this route while visiting South Goa / Karwar later this month. Would you mind sharing which hotel you stayed in at Karwar, and your feedback about it?

Cheers,
Vikram
Hi Vikram, Im an ex Naval Officer. So I stayed at the Karwar Naval Base. It has it own private beaches, that too pristine ones. Unfortunately not open to others. I am not too familiar with accommodation outside. Check this Hotel Amrut. The owner had told us that they just made it. They dont have a website yet. The site is only of the restaurant. If you would like, I can check with the owner. Do let me know.

Cheers
Bimal Raj
chipsnchops is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 09:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
If you would like, I can check with the owner. Do let me know.
Thank you for asking, Sir. If needed, I will surely reach out to you when I finalize my vacation destination later this month.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 13th February 2019, 12:22   #19
BHPian

Hi,

On 10 Feb 2019, I drove Pune > Satara > Kolhapur > Belgaum > Hubli > Yellpaur (ghats) > Ankola > Gokarna > Murudeshwar > Bhatkal > Baindur > Kollur Mookambika temple.

The roads are in excellent condition, Yellapur ghats especially, except for road diversions on the NH 66. If you are driving in the night, watch out for those private buses that overtake rashly at turns.

While coming back on 11 Feb, I missed the turn after Ankola and landed up in Karwar. Eventually, I took the state road from Karwar to Belgaum. The state roads are in excellent condition. However, I would not advise this route because it is very remote and through dense jungle.

Thanks,

Pradeep
pradkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 21:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post

Route taken was Ganeshgudi - Joida - Through Anshi National Park - Karwar
Google maps: https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Pu...14.8184812!3e0
A very good evening to You. I am planning a Mumbai-Karwar road trip with night halt at Belgaum. From Belgaum, I am planning to go to Karwar via Anshi National Park. However I am not able to get a clear information that whether private cars are allowed to ply through the Anshi National Park! As some people are saying that they only allow people who take a ticket for Jungle Safari. They further imply that this too happens in Park’s official vehicles and no personal vehicles are allowed inside the park.

I would be extremely thankful to you if you may please throw some light on this issue.

Regards
Old 17th March 2019, 22:18   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingwolf View Post
As some people are saying that they only allow people who take a ticket for Jungle Safari. They further imply that this too happens in Park’s official vehicles and no personal vehicles are allowed inside the park.
When I visited, I did not purchase any tickets or anything. Of course there was security but there were no restrictions on entering.
Mind you, I travelled in 2015, and it's possible things might have changed. But there is actually a way for you to obtain authentic information

The Bison Rafting resort is smack in the middle of the Anshi National Park
https://goo.gl/maps/QNtmWPSwM7U2
They should be able to update you with the latest information.
RedTerrano is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 14:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
When I visited, I did not purchase any tickets or anything. Of course there was security but there were no restrictions on entering.
Mind you, I travelled in 2015, and it's possible things might have changed. But there is actually a way for you to obtain authentic information

The Bison Rafting resort is smack in the middle of the Anshi National Park
https://goo.gl/maps/QNtmWPSwM7U2
They should be able to update you with the latest information.
Thanks a ton for your timely input RedTerrano. I even visited the Bison River Resort and had a beautiful time. They are allowing vehicles through Anshi National Park/Kali Tiger reserve only after a toll fee plus forests guards also check the vehicles going out of the Reserve Forest.

The road throughout the Anshi National Park is single lane and opposing traffic only comprised of state transport buses catering to some village routes and miniscule trucks. Condition of the road is reasonably good but it is advised to go in a vehicle having a ground clearance of 180 mm and above.

The Bison River Resort has good options of still water boating in an inflatable raft, river rafting on the rapids and some recreational water-walking using an huge air-ball and air-cylinder. The buffet in the lower restaurant must be avoided as it is totally not worth it. It is better to eat at the Wanderer’s Cafe located at the entrance.

Overall it was a great trip through the Anshi National Park thanks to RedTerrano.

my heartfelt regards
Attached Thumbnails
Pune - Karwar : Route Queries-7260d7a521c34908a3a813d8ad6e75be.jpeg  

Pune - Karwar : Route Queries-5f8d5c609b6048f5a1205e94ab699ca7.jpeg  

Pune - Karwar : Route Queries-71f73a6219be478899afc0aa2cc70b53.jpeg  

Pune - Karwar : Route Queries-7a35699cfe294be4875b29b3c1d5b7cc.jpeg  

wanderingwolf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 14:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingwolf View Post
A very good evening to You. I am planning a Mumbai-Karwar road trip with night halt at Belgaum. From Belgaum, I am planning to go to Karwar via Anshi National Park. However I am not able to get a clear information that whether private cars are allowed to ply through the Anshi National Park! As some people are saying that they only allow people who take a ticket for Jungle Safari. They further imply that this too happens in Park’s official vehicles and no personal vehicles are allowed inside the park.

I would be extremely thankful to you if you may please throw some light on this issue.

Regards
Hi there, I was travelling. So could not reply earlier. There are no tickets to be purchased for going through the main road of Anshi National Park. I had read online that they do not allow vehicles to pass through at night from 6pm (or 8pm) till about 5 am (or 6am). This is to ensure that the animals dont get killed on the road.

You may reconfirm about these timings but anyway, these timings are not suitable for passing through this place as there are absolutely nothing available. Even mobile network is on and off when you drive through this area.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks