Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2015, 04:36   #1

Bylakuppe (Kushalanagar) to Sakleshpur

Hello,

During the upcoming long weekend in Diwali, we have to Bylakuppe and Sakleshpur. Would Bhpians be able to suggest which route to take to go from Bylakuppe to Sakleshpur ? We think we will first go to Bylakuppe from Bangalore and then head to Sakleshpur. Or is the other way around better (go to Sakleshpur and then go to Bylakuppe from there) ?
rrs5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 08:57   #2
BHPian

re: Bylakuppe (Kushalanagar) to Sakleshpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrs5 View Post
Hello,

During the upcoming long weekend in Diwali, we have to Bylakuppe and Sakleshpur. Would Bhpians be able to suggest which route to take to go from Bylakuppe to Sakleshpur ? We think we will first go to Bylakuppe from Bangalore and then head to Sakleshpur. Or is the other way around better (go to Sakleshpur and then go to Bylakuppe from there) ?
Went by this part of the state last weekend - had been to talakaveri. The route taken (had to visit someone near sakelshpur) was Bylakuppe->Kushalnagar->suntikoppa->somwarpet->shanivarsanthe->kodlipet->ballupet -> sakleshpura. 4

Edit: This road is pretty decent with some minor patches of bad roads (wherever water gets logged).

Either way - first bylakuppe or first sakleshpur - should be based on your travel dates/time preference and the places you want to visit. Considering the holiday traffic and the evening time (read 6:30 to 8pm) you better avoid the sakleshpur ghat section on Sunday evenings (just my suggestion).

How do you want to goto bylakuppe/kushalnagar? Through Mysore or through chennarayapatna? Traffic through Mysore is horrible & chaotic, but good roads. The other route though is pretty decent with some bad patches, a bit longer and bit confusing if you are shy to ask around IMO. I too would do a BLR->Mysore->Bylakuppe->Sakleshpur->BLR route assuming I leave BLR early in the morning & again start from Sakleshpur before 2/3pm on the return day.

Last edited by null : 2nd November 2015 at 09:00. Reason: road condition
null is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 14:20   #3

Re: Bylakuppe (Kushalanagar) to Sakleshpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Went by this part of the state last weekend - had been to talakaveri. The route taken (had to visit someone near sakelshpur) was Bylakuppe->Kushalnagar->suntikoppa->somwarpet->shanivarsanthe->kodlipet->ballupet -> sakleshpura. 4

Edit: This road is pretty decent with some minor patches of bad roads (wherever water gets logged).

Either way - first bylakuppe or first sakleshpur - should be based on your travel dates/time preference and the places you want to visit. Considering the holiday traffic and the evening time (read 6:30 to 8pm) you better avoid the sakleshpur ghat section on Sunday evenings (just my suggestion).

How do you want to goto bylakuppe/kushalnagar? Through Mysore or through chennarayapatna? Traffic through Mysore is horrible & chaotic, but good roads. The other route though is pretty decent with some bad patches, a bit longer and bit confusing if you are shy to ask around IMO. I too would do a BLR->Mysore->Bylakuppe->Sakleshpur->BLR route assuming I leave BLR early in the morning & again start from Sakleshpur before 2/3pm on the return day.
Thank you for the detailed note.Was actually prefering to go to Bylakuppe first and then onwards to Sakleshpur. I live on mysore road so planning to take the mysore road route even though it is a bit painful.Hopefully should be better if we leave early in the morning.

Will take your suggestion on the route from bylakuppe. Thanks again
Old 3rd November 2015, 09:08   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrs5 View Post
Or is the other way around better (go to Sakleshpur and then go to Bylakuppe from there) ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Bylakuppe->Kushalnagar->suntikoppa->somwarpet->shanivarsanthe->kodlipet->ballupet -> sakleshpur
- I think the road till Shanivarsanthe is good. It only deteriorates beyond that.
- At Kodlipet, please ask for Ballupet. That is the point on the Bangalore-Mangalore highway where you need to drive to; and from where you head to Sakleshpur.
- The reason I mention that is because, there is one more interior road to Sakleshpur from Kodlipet.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 16:31   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
- I think the road till Shanivarsanthe is good. It only deteriorates beyond that.
- At Kodlipet, please ask for Ballupet. That is the point on the Bangalore-Mangalore highway where you need to drive to; and from where you head to Sakleshpur.
- The reason I mention that is because, there is one more interior road to Sakleshpur from Kodlipet.
Thanks for your suggestions.

We took the road from Sakleshpur to Bylakuppe on the following route

Sakleshpur->ballupet->kodlipet->Shanivarasanthe->Hebbaale->Kanive->Kushalnagar->Bylakuppe

The road is excellent except for a few potholes here and there. Took us about 2.5 hours at a relaxed pace.
rrs5 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks