Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2016, 13:18   #1
BHPian

Nagpur to Gurgaon ride

Hola petrol heads!

I went through the forum but couldn't find a thread for this route and so creating a new one. Request rhe mods to please move this to relevant thread if it's not fitting here.

I am planning for a bike trip from Nagpur to Gurgaon next month to shift my new RE DS to Delhi. I have had horrifying experiences with transport companies transferring my bike before to different parts of the country and so now I prefer to drive myself.

I went through few suggestions on other threads and have jotted down the following route for consideration :

Nagpur - Chhindwara - Narsingpur - Sagar - Jhansi - Gwalior - Agra - YEW - Noida - Gurgaon

The total 1100 km journey needs to be done over a weekend, so planning to start early morning on Saturday and take a halt at Sagar to continue the journey next day to Gurgaon.

I need suggestions about the road conditions / preps I need to make / overnight stay options, etc since I have never taken a 1000 km journey at a stretch with my bike. The last long journey on bike was from Chandigarh to Gurgaon along GT road last year.
Old 25th September 2016, 18:51   #2
J.Ravi

re: Nagpur to Gurgaon ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
Nagpur - Chhindwara - Narsingpur - Sagar - Jhansi - Gwalior - Agra - YEW - Noida
I rode on this N S Corridor recently during my Chennai>Dalhousie>Chennai ride. Here are my timings:

Nagpur to Gurgaon ride-agradalhousie10092016.jpg

I crossed Noida by noon and was at Pahelwan Dhaba, Murthal by 2 pm.

Gwalior-Agra stretch is not good. It is full of diversions with a lot of potholes and cattles thrown in as bonus. Ride carefully.

Carry all essential spares like engine oil, chain lubricant, tools, clutch cable, etc.
  (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 19:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Nagpur to Gurgaon ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post

Nagpur - Chhindwara - Narsingpur - Sagar - Jhansi - Gwalior - Agra - YEW - Noida - Gurgaon

The total 1100 km journey needs to be done over a weekend, so planning to start early morning on Saturday and take a halt at Sagar to continue the journey next day to Gurgaon.

I need suggestions about the road conditions / preps I need to make / overnight stay options, etc since I have never taken a 1000 km journey at a stretch with my bike. The last long journey on bike was from Chandigarh to Gurgaon along GT road last year.
I did this stretch, but from the other side last month. The roads between Nagpur and Sagar are good. There are a few bad stretches at Sagar to Gwalior stretch, especially around Seoni. Be prepared to navigate hordes of Cows through hundreds of kilometres. There are so many cows on the highways.

The Gwalior Bypass is beautiful.

Passing Agra and entering YEW is a bit tricky. I blindly followed my GPS and had to go through some real narrow and crowded roads. I am not convinced that i had the proper route then.

On the YEW - well, there is nothing to talk about. One hell of a road. The foodcourts towards Noida side are well equipped.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks