Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2016, 16:43   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Delhi to Trivandrum route query

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
The journey was tracked with an OBD-port tracker - 0500hrs start from Nagpur, 1954 hrs at final destination in Delhi after stopping at a friend's en-route.
May be I missed being clear there that with Central India route it's "achievable" and not with western India route that I suggested

And before I drove too, I contacted HVK and asked about the central India route who had the opinion that the roads were not l good and that it's "boring and lacks facilities".

So homework was done and still we took the central India Route.

And like you said, such "long" journeys better be planned well and needs to have focused driving and with a new road for the first time, speed is secondary for me despite of whatever experience we have.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 16:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its not 50-60 kms - query Jhansi to Narinhpur via NH44, its about 350km.
I meant to say if the cattle menace is just for around 50-60kms its fine.

Quote:
He needs to get to the destination in one piece to get married. Not a good time to be pushing it on the road - flights are cheaper than toll+fuel.

Trust experience on this - that is not the time to be tearing around on the road. For 3 days, too.
Very true about getting in one piece, Marriage or no marriage. Idea is to reach Nagpur before night fall, if the roads permit we would continue to Hyderabad else we would halt. On reaching Bangalore we might spend a night there so reaching there during day is important, we have some small shopping plans at Bangalore(tentative), if not we will start early morning the following day after ample rest.

pramod
Old 20th October 2016, 17:12   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Very true about getting in one piece, Marriage or no marriage. Idea is to reach Nagpur before night fall, if the roads permit we would continue to Hyderabad else we would halt.
So it all boils down to just one thing that I have been mentioning - Have no targets as such as no 2 drives can take the same time when it comes to such super long distances.

Just go with the flow - irrespective of the route you opt - Western or Central. Either of them have their own pros and cons and I have personally preferred the Western India (Dhule - Ratlam) for the reasons mentioned in my post and also have been positive about the central India route if not driving with family and if there need not be any planned stop overs/breaks.

Have a safe trip!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 17:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
So it all boils down to just one thing that I have been mentioning - Have no targets as such as no 2 drives can take the same time when it comes to such super long distances.

Just go with the flow - irrespective of the route you opt - Western or Central. Either of them have their own pros and cons and I have personally preferred the Western India (Dhule - Ratlam) for the reasons mentioned in my post and also have been positive about the central India route if not driving with family and if there need not be any planned stop overs/breaks.

Have a safe trip!
I just spoke to HVK and he too highly recommended the Mumbai Pune route, I feel that's the way to go. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

I will post my feedback once I do the journey

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks