Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2016, 13:31   #1

Advice needed on the Ahmedabad-Faridabad route

Hello friends..
Plan to drive to Faridabad from Ahmedabad over the Diwali break. Have been doing this in the past by the Ahmedabad-Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Kishangarh-Jaipur-Gurgaon-Faridabad route.

Google maps now show the option of Ahmedabad-Abu Road-Pali-Beawar-Ajmer-Jaipur route. Need advice on this route from fellow BHPians on the road condition.

Also to avoid the massive jams on the Gurgaon toll booth was considering diverting from NH8 towards Sohna and then on to Faridabad. This may be a few kilometers longer but would be traffic free. Need advice.

Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 21:17   #2
BHPian

re: Advice needed on the Ahmedabad-Faridabad route

Firstly, gmaps has got a glitch(one that it has always been famous for)
If you enter Delhi then it shows you option 1 as best route and if you key in Faridabad you will get option 2

Have done this segment couple of times via the first option and the last trip was in March 2016.

I would recommend using the option one as the roads are better. You will have to go slightly slower on the Abu road segment. Besides the new tunnel and Udaipur Nathdwara expressway has cut the ghat portion of the Udaipur -Nathdwara drive. They still have a portion in undivided highways for a small stretch but all in all the road is fair game. I am not so sure about the road conditions on Abu Road to Beawar sector.

Do let me know if you take that route.
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Advice needed on the Ahmedabad-Faridabad route-capture.jpg  

nitishk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 22:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish_Sharma View Post

Also to avoid the massive jams on the Gurgaon toll booth was considering diverting from NH8 towards Sohna and then on to Faridabad. This may be a few kilometers longer but would be traffic free. Need advice.

Thanks
You can take Manesar Palwal expressway route to avoid Gurgaon but it will help only if you are entering Gurgaon during peak hours. Otherwise take Sohna road from Rajiv Chowk, turn left at Golf course extension road and then take Gurgaon Faridabad road.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 00:15   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ahmedabad-Abu Road-Pali-Beawar-Ajmer-Jaipur route
This is better and shorter route, Ajmer - Kishangarh - Jaipur is almost 6 lane, I do this often. Via Udaipur will be longer and will take more time. You can take exit at Iffco Chowk on NH8 and then take MG Road and thereafter Faridabad- Gurgaon road.
Quote:
diverting from NH8 towards Sohna and then on to Faridabad
Won't suggest, If you are coming on Diwali weekend, don't expect much rush in Gurgaon as there will be extended holidays.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 00:25   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Thanks
I don't think that the toll booth will be a mess during the holidays. However, you need not come that far. Get off NH8 anywhere before the toll and take the "pahadi wala rasta" to Faridabad. This is via the Golf Course extension road.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 05:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello friends..
Plan to drive to Faridabad from Ahmedabad over the Diwali break. Have been doing this in the past by the Ahmedabad-Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Kishangarh-Jaipur-Gurgaon-Faridabad route.

Google maps now show the option of Ahmedabad-Abu Road-Pali-Beawar-Ajmer-Jaipur route. Need advice on this route from fellow BHPians on the road condition.

Thanks
Last week I did Udaipur - Faridabad.

Best and the Fastest route
Ahmedabad-Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Kishangarh-Jaipur-Gurgaon-Faridabad.

Slight rough patches around Nasirabad. Rest everything is smooth.

KMP (Manesar - Palwal) section is a mind blowing road with hardly any traffic. Its worth trying if you haven't gone there before.
However, the bad part is that there is no proper right turn on NH8 to join KMP.
Secondly, this route is good if your destination is on the right side on Mathura road (Facing Delhi). If not, then you would have to cross the Ballabgarh construction mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Get off NH8 anywhere before the toll and take the "pahadi wala rasta" to Faridabad. This is via the Golf Course extension road.
You mean Right from Rajiv Chowk then left turn at Subhash chowk and head towards Ghata.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 11:46   #7

Re: Advice needed on the Ahmedabad-Faridabad route

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitishk View Post
Firstly, gmaps has got a glitch(one that it has always been famous for)
If you enter Delhi then it shows you option 1 as best route and if you key in Faridabad you will get option 2

Have done this segment couple of times via the first option and the last trip was in March 2016.

I would recommend using the option one as the roads are better. You will have to go slightly slower on the Abu road segment. Besides the new tunnel and Udaipur Nathdwara expressway has cut the ghat portion of the Udaipur -Nathdwara drive. They still have a portion in undivided highways for a small stretch but all in all the road is fair game. I am not so sure about the road conditions on Abu Road to Beawar sector.

Do let me know if you take that route.
Cheers
Planning to take the Beawar route this time. Will update on return. Thanks.
Ashish_Sharma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks