Team-BHP - Best route from Delhi to Rohru
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Best route from Delhi to Rohru (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/186412-best-route-delhi-rohru.html)

Hi All,

Posting after a while :)

I am traveling to Rohru from Delhi this week, and would like to know the best route to take, from you knowledgeable folks. I will be driving a Terrano and I'm hoping that the Chanshal will be open (taking a chance).

Looking forward to your expert guidance on the route, road conditions etc.

Cheers,
Taz

The best route would be Delhi - Karnal - Paonta Sahib - Chakrata - Tiuni - Hatkoti - Rohru.

My friend is in Chirgaon currently and he would be attempting Chanshal Pass on his Duke 390 today. I will update the road conditions here, once I get a feedback from him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 4189080)
The best route would be Delhi - Karnal - Paonta Sahib - Chakrata - Tiuni - Hatkoti - Rohru.

My friend is in Chirgaon currently and he would be attempting Chanshal Pass on his Duke 390 today. I will update the road conditions here, once I get a feedback from him.

Thank you, for the quick response. GMaps shows this one as the slower of the two routes (slower by an hour) and hence I got confused. Is the Pinjore - Ochghat- Kharapatthar - Rohru route absolutely undoable, even in a big car? Asking because getting to Pinjore is a breeze. Please do let me know.

Also, will wait for updates from your friend with fingers crossed :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazonahighway (Post 4189006)
Hi All,

Posting after a while :)

I am traveling to Rohru from Delhi this week, and would like to know the best route to take, from you knowledgeable folks. I will be driving a Terrano and I'm hoping that the Chanshal will be open (taking a chance).

Looking forward to your expert guidance on the route, road conditions etc.

Cheers,
Taz

We did the Chanshal pass 2 weeks back, its open and beautiful with lots of snow around. Cannot suggest route as we did not do Delhi-Rohru directly.

Some photos of Chanshal pass-
Best route from Delhi to Rohru-dsc01639wp.jpg

Best route from Delhi to Rohru-chanshal-1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 4189176)
We did the Chanshal pass 2 weeks back, its open and beautiful with lots of snow around. Cannot suggest route as we did not do Delhi-Rohru directly.

Some photos of Chanshal pass-
Attachment 1633429

Attachment 1633430

Woo-hoo! Thanks, Anshuman. This is the best news I have heard in a while. You made my week clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazonahighway (Post 4189098)
Thank you, for the quick response. GMaps shows this one as the slower of the two routes (slower by an hour) and hence I got confused. Is the Pinjore - Ochghat- Kharapatthar - Rohru route absolutely undoable, even in a big car? Asking because getting to Pinjore is a breeze. Please do let me know.

Also, will wait for updates from your friend with fingers crossed :)

My friend took the Narkanda - Baghi - Rohru route on his way to Chanshal Pass, he said the roads were slushy and lonely throughout.

On his way back, he took the Kharapatthar - Theog route and said it is more lively but again not in a very good shape.

Another friend who did Chanshal just a week back took the Chakrata - Hatkoti route and was all praises. According to him, the road conditions are good throughout till Rohru except one small stretch of about 7-8 kms just after Chakrata towards Tiuni.

Based on their feedback, the roads are in much better shape via Chakrata.

That said, you may also choose to do this circuit : Delhi - Karnal - Pinjore - Theog - Kharapatthar - Rohru - Larot - Chanshal Pass - Larot - Rohru - Hatkoti - Tiuni - Chakrata - Karnal - Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 4189358)
That said, you may also choose to do this circuit : Delhi - Karnal - Pinjore - Theog - Kharapatthar - Rohru - Larot - Chanshal Pass - Larot - Rohru - Hatkoti - Tiuni - Chakrata - Karnal - Delhi.

I agree with you. Doing the circuit is the way to go. Thanks for all your suggestions. This has been immensely helpful.