Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2017, 14:37   #1

Hyderabad to Chitrakote Falls?

Please note that I would be traveling with family from hyderabad to jagdalpur in mid September. Would request you to kindly suggest a route. Your opinion on the safety aspect for a night drive ( starting from hyderabad after midnight and entering Chhattisgarh post day-break ) would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th August 2017, 21:42   #2
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Chitrakote Falls?

There's only 1 route - Hyd to Vizag - Jagdalpur - unless you have multiple drivers - non stop is not recommended
Hyd to Vizag with usual breaks is 10 hrs...Vizag to Jagdalpur is 5- 6 hrs

If you have guts, a 4X4, & term insurance & I dont give a damn attitude - Try Hyd - Bradrachalam- Sukma- Konta - Jagdalpur
paharino1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 22:32   #3

Google map suggests hyd - warangal - bhopalpatnam - dantewada - jagdalpur .

[https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Hy...c10952ba7!3e0]
Old 28th August 2017, 00:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriyanCAR View Post
Google map suggests hyd - warangal - bhopalpatnam - dantewada - jagdalpur .
Safety is a concern! Sukma-Konta route is another no-go. There are only 2 routes:

1. Hyderabad-Vijayawada-Vizag-Jeypore-Jagdalpur-Chitrakote.
2. Hyderabad-Nagpur-Raipur-Kanker-Keshkal-Chitrakote

I vaguely remember there is a way from Durg to Dhamtari and joins the Raipur-Jagdalpur highway. But not sure of the condition.
Old 28th August 2017, 01:02   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Safety is a concern! Sukma-Konta route is another no-go. There are only 2 routes:

1. Hyderabad-Vijayawada-Vizag-Jeypore-Jagdalpur-Chitrakote.
2. Hyderabad-Nagpur-Raipur-Kanker-Keshkal-Chitrakote

I vaguely remember there is a way from Durg to Dhamtari and joins the Raipur-Jagdalpur highway. But not sure of the condition.
Would it be safe to do the hyderabad - vizag stretch at night ?
Old 28th August 2017, 09:26   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriyanCAR View Post
Would it be safe to do the hyderabad - vizag stretch at night ?
I did patch at night (6PM-6AM) in June and I was driving alone. I didn't face any problem and the road wasn't deserted too. The patch between Vijaywada and Rajahmundry and about 50 kms further, is not flawless. There are broken and uneven patches unlike the roads in the rest of the route. The main advantage was lack of city and local traffic during the night.

Petrol pumps operate throughout the night and dhabas remain open till ~12AM. I also covered Rajahmundry-Hyd during night (8PM-3AM) in Oct '16 and never faced any issue. We were two of us travelling that time.

But I must say I have never traveled with family during all these occasions. We only traveled from dawn to dusk when my family was with me during the return trip in July. Since you are traveling with family, can I suggest please stop at big crowded petrol pumps enroute for fuel topups, nature call breaks and small water/snacks breaks. You can find such places intermittently.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 10:35   #7

I prefer traveling at night primarily to avoid the local traffic ( read people with suicidal tendencies who appear out of thin air and believe its the sole responsibility of the motorist to save their lives)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Since you are traveling with family, can I suggest please stop at big crowded petrol pumps enroute for fuel topups, nature call breaks and small water/snacks breaks. You can find such places intermittently.
Roger that 👍

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks