Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2017, 18:00   #1
BHPian

Query: Gurgaon to Dwarka?

Guys we are planning a family trip to Dwarka from Gurgaon with the following stops enroute:-

1. Ajmer
2. Pushkar
3. Nathdwara
4. Dwarka
5. Somnath
6. Gir
7. Diu
8. Rann of Kutch
9. Any other place worth a visit.

Have made a tentative Distance Chart :-

1. Gurgaon - Ajmer - 370kms
2. Ajmer - Pushkar - 15 Kms
3. Pushkar - Nathdwara - 254kms
4. Nathdwara - Ahmedabad -Rajkot - 522kms
5. Rajkot - Dwarka - 226kms
6. Dwarka - Somnath - 238kms
7. Somnath-Diu - 79kms

The total time available is 6-7 days. Kindly advise on the tentative itinerary, where to stay enroute, Good Hotel options and can all this be fitted in the time frame mentioned.

TIA
Old 12th December 2017, 20:59   #2
BHPian

re: Query: Gurgaon to Dwarka?

Well, that is a big wish list and with only 7 days. While i believe it is the journey and not necessarily the destination that counts, enjoying a day in leisure to see the sights, sampling the local cuisine, allowing your family to do some shopping would make it an enjoyable trip for all.

Either you cut down on places to visit or increase duration. I guess increasing duration may not be an option and hence my recommendation would be to cut off south Gujarat (Gir-Somnath-Porbander) and concentrate on places along the route (to Dwaraka, which i understood is your prime end destination)

Pushkar-Ahmedabad is an easy drive with very good roads-though traffic on the A'Bad-Udaipur sector could be higher. My recommendation for stops would be Pushkar (or Ajmer); A'bad; Dwaraka. The Dwaraka-Somnath-Gir-Ahmedabad circuit would not only add 300 odd kms but would prevent you from enjoying your holiday since you would be in a mad rush. Enroute to Dwaraka from A'Bad you could stop at Velavader if you like birds. Secondly, please note that you need permits to go into Gir sanctuary and they are limited. If your primary objective is to sight lions, then you may want to take insurance and opt for at least two safaris-meaning a whole day.
earthian is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks