Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2018, 13:28   #1
BHPian

Ahmedabad - Indore - Pench National Park (Karmajhiri) : Route Queries

We had planned well in advance to go to Pench National Park and had booked train tickets to Nagpur and back more than 2 months back. The problem is that these tickets are wait listed still. There could be a distinct possibility that they may not get confirmed and even if they do, it could be RAC. The return journey would probably be more daunting since the train does not start from Nagpur.

With this in mind, we (my wife and i) are contemplating going by road (which we like). The extreme heat is the only deterrent. Our plan is to halt at Indore and then proceed to Pench National Park.

Ahmedabad - Indore - Pench National Park (Karmajhiri) : Route Queries-screen-shot-20180515-13.17.39.png

How are the roads from Indore to Pench? Is this the right route ?

Ahmedabad - Indore - Pench National Park (Karmajhiri) : Route Queries-screen-shot-20180515-13.18.44.png

While we would like to reach Karamjhiri gate before dusk, we also do not like to rush. We would like to halt journey at a good place between Indore and Pench, if required. Google maps estimates 11 hours from Indore to Karamjhiri (485 kms).

Would appreciate if advise on the following is given:
  1. Ideal route from Indore to Karamjhiri? Good roads, sightseeing possibilities.
  2. Stay possibilities on the way. If it can be combined with some good sight seeing possibility, the better.
  3. Any precautions needed to be taken enroute?

If we have to go, then we would have to leave by the 17th morning and hence there is little time to plan. We need to be in Karamjhiri latest by 19th afternoon.

Thanks in advance, Guys.

Last edited by earthian : 15th May 2018 at 13:29.
Old 15th May 2018, 17:00   #2
BHPian

re: Ahmedabad - Indore - Pench National Park (Karmajhiri) : Route Queries

I had been on this route about three years back. The road from Jhabua to Indore was a mess then, so I took the Jhabua-Petlawad-Ratlam-Bhopal route. The road between Jhabua and Dhar was in terrible shape then, but I am not sure about the conditions now. I drove from Ahmedabad at about 0500 to reach Bhopal at 1600 hours. The road was two laned, but not much traffic. You can stay in Bhopal as there are many stay options. Start early morning from Bhopal and reach Pench by evening of the second day. It may not be possible to cover Ahmedabad to Pench in one day, and night driving in the Betul area is not advisable.

Wish you a nice and safe drive.
SajiNSalin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 10:13   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Ahmedabad - Indore - Pench National Park (Karmajhiri) : Route Queries

You must also read through this helpful thread.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks