Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2018, 15:19   #1
BHPian

Self-drive rental cars in Madurai?

Dear BHPians,

Can you please suggest good self-drive car providers in Madurai.
None of our usual Zoom Car, Myles operate in that area.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Old 31st July 2018, 15:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Self-drive rental cars in Madurai?

None as far as I know in Madurai and Kottayam. I tried this around a year back when I had planned to go to Madurai (Or Kottayam) by train and from there to Thekkady and Munnar, back to Madurai.

Could not find anything in Madurai. In Kottayam, I could find only one car rental but he said, he would give only to Non residential Keralites. ie., Keralites who come from abroad for vacation in Kerala for sometime, would get this rental. Else not.

This was around a year back. Finally I decided to take by car from Bangalore and completed the round trip.

Last edited by GTO : 1st August 2018 at 10:46. Reason: typo
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 10:45   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Self-drive rental cars in Madurai?

For obvious reasons (driving pleasure & trust in my own driving over others), I prefer self-drive rentals.

However, if I'm visiting a place where a known brand like Zoom or Myles isn't there, I prefer to take a chauffeured taxi from an established company (Savaari, Carzonrent etc.). Reasons:

1. Self-drive rentals in smaller towns are run mostly by shady businessmen. Not to paint all of them with the same brush, but as much as possible, I don't like dealing with the unorganised segment.

2. A chauffeured rental from a big company ensures a certain level of driver quality & etiquette.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 01:04   #4
BHPian

There are a couple of self drive car rental services, available at Madurai. Among which Ova cars (www.selfdrivecarsmadurai.com) has got some decent reviews in Google.

You can get in touch with them, at the below address.

Self Drive Cars Madurai
No.143C, Kamarajar Salai,
Theppakulam
Opposite to Anbu Hospital
Madurai - 62009

They are open 24x7 and their Customer Care number is 9941007031/30.

However, I would advise you to get to know their rental policy terms and conditions, security deposit and tariff details, beforehand. In case you decide to hire a car, ask for the papers of the car, and check them thoroughly.

Most important thing, is to check their policy, on liability of repairing the car, in case of minor/major damages.

As GTO rightly pointed, if you find any shady dealing, back off! Better to hire a taxi from reputed operators.

Last edited by BLACKBLADE : 2nd August 2018 at 01:10. Reason: Typos corrected
Old 7th August 2018, 17:07   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For obvious reasons (driving pleasure & trust in my own driving over others), I prefer self-drive rentals.

However, if I'm visiting a place where a known brand like Zoom or Myles isn't there, I prefer to take a chauffeured taxi from an established company (Savaari, Carzonrent etc.). Reasons:

1. Self-drive rentals in smaller towns are run mostly by shady businessmen. Not to paint all of them with the same brush, but as much as possible, I don't like dealing with the unorganised segment.

2. A chauffeured rental from a big company ensures a certain level of driver quality & etiquette.
Thanks GTO. I agree. It makes sense. In-fact one of the quotes I got for Ertiga was more expensive than chauffeur driven Innova with fuel!

Last edited by ulhas.ahirrao : 7th August 2018 at 17:08. Reason: Addition

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks