Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2010, 12:43   #31
BHPian

Sorry sir you have mis understood i want to go to pollachi and not byepass pollachi. Anyway now i have an idea to to reach pollachi after reaching tiruppur.But my question is whether i have to via avinashi
Old 4th December 2010, 12:48   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
I still feel the Perundurai - Kangeyam - Dharapuram - Udumalaipettai - Kottur. This would enable you to byepass both Tiruppur & Pollachi.

Perundurai, Tamil Nadu 638052 to Unknown road - Google Maps

Makes sense. The other option : From Kangeyam drive on NH67 to Palladam and then to Pollachi. A reduction of 15 Km compared to Udumalpet.

Also is that overbridge over railway line in Periundurai completed?
Old 4th December 2010, 13:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
sorry sir i didnt get you. From Erode please say me the route.
No, you don't have to go ti Erode. What I meant was that at Tiruppur, you will see the road to the left going to Avinashi/Coimbatore, and the other road going to Perunthurai/Erode (the road to take), it joins NH47 at Chengapalli/ Perumanallur.
Old 31st May 2011, 09:36   #34
BHPian

Re: Bangalore(KAR)-Valparai(TN) trip advise.

Recently I have done Bangalore to Pollachi on May 28-29 weekend..I took the following route Bangalore - Krishnagiri-Salem-Bhavani-Perundurai Till here it is normal NH road..From Perundurai Take a deviation to Chennimalai-Kangeyam-Palladam-Pollachi..This is SH which is in good shape and total KM was about 420 from Bangalore(Marthahalli) to Pollachi and I was able to cover in 6 hours with 10 -15 mins break..

Currently road widening work is going on between Perundurai & Avinashi hence avoid this route currently .
Old 19th December 2012, 10:36   #35
BHPian

HI Guys, planning for a trip to Valparai in the coming weekend (Christmas). Is it advisable at this time of the year? Also any particular accommodations/ hotels as suggestion?
TIA.

EDIT:
Also shall be thankful if anyone can share their recent experiences. I have read the T-logues by the experts, but wanted to know the current road conditions and lodging options.

Last edited by MotoNanu : 19th December 2012 at 10:38. Reason: Additional Info requested
Old 19th December 2012, 11:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
HI Guys, planning for a trip to Valparai in the coming weekend (Christmas). Is it advisable at this time of the year? Also any particular accommodations/ hotels as suggestion?
TIA.

EDIT:
Also shall be thankful if anyone can share their recent experiences. I have read the T-logues by the experts, but wanted to know the current road conditions and lodging options.
Road conditions are good all the way,and no problems with going there at this time of the year,but IMO its too late for you to find a place to stay,would be very difficult for you.As it is there is very limited number of stay options in the place and last heard all of them are running full till Jan 2nd starting this weekend.
Old 19th December 2012, 12:08   #37
h14
BHPian

Try the Woodbrier group if any accommodations are available. Chances of all the stays running full are high.

No worries on the road conditions, the ghat roads are perfect as always.
Old 3rd August 2014, 13:39   #38
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning to go to Valparai from Bangalore over the Aug 15 long weekend. As per google maps, the optimum route seems to be:

Bangalore to Salem on NH7
Salem to Avinashi on NH47
Avinashi to Palladam on SH169
Palladam to Pollachi on SH19
Pollachi to Valparai on SH78

Would appreciate your advice if this is the best way to make to Valparai.

Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd August 2014, 14:33   #39
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercharlie View Post
As per google maps, the optimum route seems to be:

Bangalore to Salem on NH7
Salem to Avinashi on NH47
Avinashi to Palladam on SH169
Palladam to Pollachi on SH19
Pollachi to Valparai on SH78
Yes, this route should be good. Alternatively, you could turn off at Perundurai itself towards Kangeyam so you can do:
Bangalore-Salem on NH7-turn off to NH47-Perundurai-turn off towards Kangeyam-Palladam-Pollachi-Aliyar-Valparai (last one is a Ghat section).

On the return leg you could do:
Valparai-Sholayar-Vazhachal falls-Athirapilly falls-Chalakudy and reach NH 47. From here you can go up to Vadakkencherry on NH47 and turn off towards Pollachi and retrace your route to Bangalore in the opposite direction.

OR
you could drive on NH47 all the way via Palakkad bypass-Coimbatore bypass-Avinashi-Salem. Then take NH7 back to Bangalore.

*Do look up the Valparai Stay and General information thread also as it has some good information there.

Last edited by NPV : 3rd August 2014 at 14:36.
Old 3rd August 2014, 16:37   #40
BHPian

Thank you NPV, really appreciate your prompt response.

Is your recommendation of reaching Palladam via Kangeyam vs via Avinashi based on better road conditions/lesser traffic?
Old 3rd August 2014, 18:22   #41
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercharlie View Post
Thank you NPV, really appreciate your prompt response.

Is your recommendation of reaching Palladam via Kangeyam vs via Avinashi based on better road conditions/lesser traffic?
Nope, the road widening & work on bridges in the Avinashi section was incomplete till a few months ago so I'd always taken the Kangeyam route but road is excellent. Now that the Avinashi section is complete, the Avinashi-Palladam is also good from the reports I've seen here on TBHP.
If you take Kangeyam route you will enjoy some excellent 2 laned undivided roads after 4 laned roads upto Perundurai. If you went upto Avinashi then you enjoy more 4 laned roads, choice is yours. If taking Kangeyam route, there is an Annalakshmi hotel where you can stop for breakfast, this is almost near the turn off to Kangeyam.

In fact, there may be another variant as well - you can drive upto the Vaikuntam toll just after Perundurai. There is a Saravana Inn right next to the toll plaza, have breakfast there and take the turn off to Uthukuli and that way you get to bypass Kangeyam and go towards Palladam.

Last edited by NPV : 3rd August 2014 at 18:24.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 18:42   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hope my post is not taken as a dampener, but as per my friend who is working at Valparai, it is pouring all the day daily; better to watch out for weather conditions just before the moment of starting the journey.

Nevertheless, the Pollachi-Valparai road is an all weather road; only the interior roads and the road through Vazhachal may be prone to delays owing to downpour related issues.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 23:25   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Nevertheless, the Pollachi-Valparai road is an all weather road; only the interior roads and the road through Vazhachal may be prone to delays owing to downpour related issues.
Been through the pollachi-valparai-vazhachal route last week.
pollachi - valparai roads are in excellent condition.
valparai - vazhachal -> The first few (4-5) kms are broken and at some places you can't see even traces of tar. After that it's all good till chalakkudi.
Old 5th August 2014, 14:36   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
Been through the pollachi-valparai-vazhachal route last week.
pollachi - valparai roads are in excellent condition.
valparai - vazhachal -> The first few (4-5) kms are broken and at some places you can't see even traces of tar. After that it's all good till chalakkudi.
Please don't scare. We drove on Valparai - Athirapalli road via Sholayar/Vazhachal last week. Awesome road except for few rough patches near Kerala - TN Border. This road is mesmerizingly beautiful.
Old 5th August 2014, 14:47   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Please don't scare. We drove on Valparai - Athirapalli road via Sholayar/Vazhachal last week. Awesome road except for few rough patches near Kerala - TN Border. This road is mesmerizingly beautiful.
Maybe you didn't realize the broken roads on your Scorpio (judging by the DP), or they resurfaced it. I distinctly remember having to drive a Dzire in 1st and 2nd gears for a couple of KMs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks