Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2012, 21:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad To Goa by road - Info needed

I would prefer the Hyderabad-Jadcherla-Raichur-Lingsugur-Mudgal-Hungund-Bagalkot-Lokapur-Belgaum-Chandgad-Amboli-Sawantwadi route. Road is excellent, but unfortunately every village has put humps in the road.
Old 16th January 2012, 23:36   #17
Team-BHP Support

May be if you plan to take a break in a between you can also visit Gokak on the way (from Lokapur)
The you can head to Sankeshwar and continue there on to Amboli.
Old 16th January 2012, 23:40   #18

@Kumar - is it just the speed breakers in every village? or are the roads narrow and impossible to go at 60kmph avg speed? Ofcourse I would like to do more. Do you know the total distance by that route? We dont want to take a break in the journey except for breakfast (at Zaheerabad) and lunch (maybe Bijapur) and want to reach Goa atleast by 8pm (assuming all of our gang is ready by 4am)
Old 17th January 2012, 12:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwankenobi View Post
@Kumar - is it just the speed breakers in every village? or are the roads narrow and impossible to go at 60kmph avg speed? Ofcourse I would like to do more. Do you know the total distance by that route? We dont want to take a break in the journey except for breakfast (at Zaheerabad) and lunch (maybe Bijapur) and want to reach Goa atleast by 8pm (assuming all of our gang is ready by 4am)
If you are going to South Goa then plan to travel by Hyd-Mahabubnagar-Raichur
-Sindanoor-Gangawathi-Budguppa cross-Koppal-Hubli-Karwar-Ankola-Goa
The roads are in good condition except for average stretch between Mahbubnagar and Raichur.
You can do this stretch in 13-14hrs.

Last edited by gajadonga : 17th January 2012 at 12:59.
Old 17th January 2012, 12:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwankenobi View Post
Roads are excellent, broad enough, but you have to be extremely cautious about the speed breakers.

You can check out this route in this link, a route plan I made for someone,
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...U9JVENTSjl1dWc

YOu should reach on time.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 16:07   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Roads are excellent, broad enough, but you have to be extremely cautious about the speed breakers.

You can check out this route in this link, a route plan I made for someone,
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...U9JVENTSjl1dWc

YOu should reach on time.
Thats a nice excel sheet Kumar. I am planning a trip in 3rd week Feb to Goa. Do you recommend the same route as in excel sheet?

I am familiar with this route as I took some part of this route from Hyderabad to Hampi. As you rightly said, the roads are excellent but, the speed breakers crop up suprisingly in every few kms. I was in my i10 and its a bad experience to take those humps in it.

I too plan to leave at 4:30am. So can I cover this 750kms in 14 hours with minimal breaks?

Any further inputs on road conditions ( any specific stretch) would be appreciable
Old 24th January 2012, 16:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thats a nice excel sheet Kumar. I am planning a trip in 3rd week Feb to Goa. Do you recommend the same route as in excel sheet?

I am familiar with this route as I took some part of this route from Hyderabad to Hampi. As you rightly said, the roads are excellent but, the speed breakers crop up suprisingly in every few kms. I was in my i10 and its a bad experience to take those humps in it.

I too plan to leave at 4:30am. So can I cover this 750kms in 14 hours with minimal breaks?

Any further inputs on road conditions ( any specific stretch) would be appreciable
Yes, except for the humps, road condition is good. You can reach Goa the same day as you suggest.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 22:22   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

I just checked out that route suggested by Kumar. I can only comment on the Belgaum-Goa route. I tried out the two most popular Belgaum-Goa routes during our trip to Belgaum and back on Jan 15-16

Jan 15 - Route 1: Goa-Sawantwadi-Amboli-Belgaum
Jan 16 - Route 2: Belgaum-Ramnagar-Londa-Anmod-Goa

Please avoid Route 2, as it is filled with pot holes, numerous bad stretches and heavy mining traffic (between Mollem and Usgao in Goa) along the way. Route 1 is not excellent, but far more motorable with a few bad stretches and less heavy traffic.

Work on the Goa-Chorla-Belgaum stretch is underway and if/when completed, this would be the best and shortest route linking Belgaum and Goa. While the Goa and Belgaum ends of the route are good, road work along a 25-km portion in between is being undertaken at the moment.
misquitas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 00:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post

Please avoid Route 2, as it is filled with pot holes, numerous bad stretches and heavy mining traffic (between Mollem and Usgao in Goa) along the way. Route 1 is not excellent, but far more motorable with a few bad stretches and less heavy traffic.

Work on the Goa-Chorla-Belgaum stretch is underway and if/when completed, this would be the best and shortest route linking Belgaum and Goa. While the Goa and Belgaum ends of the route are good, road work along a 25-km portion in between is being undertaken at the moment.
I agree, but now every route to Goa from the east - whether through Sawantwadi or Molem - is in a bad shape. The only good road at the moment is Hubli-Ankola-Karwar which may be going too far south.
Old 25th January 2012, 02:35   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I agree, but now every route to Goa from the east - whether through Sawantwadi or Molem - is in a bad shape. The only good road at the moment is Hubli-Ankola-Karwar which may be going too far south.
Quite true. In fact, we were tempted to travel along the Belgaum-Hubli-Ankola-Karwar-Margao-Panjim route on our return journey. But this would have been about 2 hours too long, in comparison to the two shorter but worse routes.

Had this longer route been only an hour longer, we would easily have taken this lovely route.
Old 2nd October 2012, 18:06   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
I just checked out that route suggested by Kumar. I can only comment on the Belgaum-Goa route. I tried out the two most popular Belgaum-Goa routes during our trip to Belgaum and back on Jan 15-16

Can anybody comment on the present road condition of Goa-Chorla-Belgaum? As per the above post the road work was under progress in Jan this year. It should have been completed by now!!I am leaving Hyderabad on 16th to Goa.

Thanks
-lb
Old 3rd October 2012, 06:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbhavani

Can anybody comment on the present road condition of Goa-Chorla-Belgaum? As per the above post the road work was under progress in Jan this year. It should have been completed by now!!I am leaving Hyderabad on 16th to Goa.
Thanks
-lb[/quote]

Chorla has been relaid and is good except for some bad sections in between.But definitelt driveable unlike its earlier avtaar.Might be a good idea to check with Sahir.Kittur as he does the route often from Belgaum

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 3rd October 2012 at 06:15.
Old 12th November 2012, 10:30   #28
BHPian

Came back from Goa yesterday night after a week long journey. Started from Cola beach in South Goa and took the Karwar - Hubli - Raichur - Mahbubnagar - Hyderabad route.

The roads were great and very scenic till Karwar.
From Karwar to Hubli there were some ghat sections as well which were fun to drive.
Road from Raichur to Mahbubnagar were patchy and some sections were pretty bad once we cross the Karnataka border.
Overall I would recommend this route if you are starting from South Goa.
Distance was about 750 kms. We started at 7:15 AM from the beach resort and reached Hyderabad by 8:45 PM with about 2 hours break.
Attached Images

punto_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 13:06   #29

Hyderabad to Goa by Road.

Ever since i laid hands on my brand new Fiat Grand Punto Emotion pack with its Linea Petrol Engine delivering 90Bhhp i had been itching to take of on another grand road tour. And the opportunity to do it came during the peak monsoon months of June . A welcome break from the pressure of work resulted in the granting of a weeks leave and including a couple of Sundays on either end me and my wife set out from Hyderabad. The only modifications i did to the vehicle was invest in a new Navigator (Tom Tom) and stick on the mandatory Team Bhp sticker on the cars behind .

We set out from Hyderabad at 9 AM and headed out on to the Bangalore highway towards Kurnool . The right thing to do would have been to turn off after Jadcherla towards Mahboobnagar and onto Raichur..But i missed that trusting the GOS navigator more than the wisdon of Taxi drivers and reached the Kurnool turn off where we headed right towards Bellary and Raichur. This road is a state highway and undivided but fairly empty with minor traffic and red sand and rock scenery on both sides. Reaching bellary we turned towards Gadag and Hubly reaching Hubli by 6 in the evening where we stayed at the incredible Hotel Naveen. For a small town Hotel this is right up there with the big resorts and the food is pretty awesome too..
After a relaxing night we got up early in the morning to a great breakfast and went for a walk around the Hotels extensive grounds. We left at 9 and headed out to wards the next leg of the journey after tanking up at Hubli.
We headed out on to the Hubi Ankola road and making good time we reached Ankola by 11 AM and headed towards Karwar. This is the most beautiful part of the entire trip with the entire route being passing through dense tree cover on both sides . And with the sea close by the scenery is nothing short of amazing. From Karwar the drive all the way to our eventual destination Varca Beach , Goa was 86 Kms through some of the most beautiful and scenic roads i have ever driven on .We eventually arrived at Club Mahindra Varca beach Goa at around 1 in the afternoon having completed a most memorable drive in the Grand Punto. And hats off to Fiats incredible builders , even with driving at 100Kms + per hour on our roads consistently hour after hour it completed the entire journey without so much as a rattle and i never found ti wanting when you needed an additional turn of speed while executing a overtaking manoeuvre on difficult ghat roads.
anandpenat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2012, 13:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Goa by Road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpenat View Post
We set out from Hyderabad at 9 AM and headed out on to the Bangalore highway towards Kurnool . The right thing to do would have been to turn off after Jadcherla towards Mahboobnagar and onto Raichur..This road is a state highway and undivided but fairly empty with minor traffic and red sand and rock scenery on both sides. Reaching bellary we turned towards Gadag and Hubly reaching Hubli by 6 in the evening where we stayed at the incredible Hotel Naveen. For a small town Hotel this is right up there with the big resorts and the food is pretty awesome too..
After a relaxing night we got up early in the morning to a great breakfast and went for a walk around the Hotels extensive grounds. We left at 9 and headed out to wards the next leg of the journey after tanking up at Hubli.
Thanks for the update Anand and congrats on your car.Just a couple of qs-how is the NH63 Gooty-Bellary-Gadag-Hubli?Is it potholed and how long did this section take-6hrs?Did you turn off at Kurnool or at Gooty?If kurnool do you recollect what was the route you took between Kurnool and Bellary?

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 7th December 2012 at 13:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks