Team-BHP - Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/20778-bangalore-nagpur-route-queries.html)

Hi Guys, I am planning to drive down to nagpur this weekend .
Whats the route I should take?? From what I could gather from the net , I should take NH7 via hyderabad . Also , the distance being over 1500 km should I try to cover it in a day or split it in 2 days ? My wife would be my co driver for this journey :)

I think Tanvir(tsk) has gone on similiar route via Bangalore hyd.. Please see his posts.

Here is the link to the thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...bangalore.html

Hi you can read my travelogue in the post given.
As for timing it is possible to do it in one stretch if you start at 4am, but I would not recommend it.
Best way is to start at noon, reach kurnool, sleep over at the IBP guesthouse(really nice and clean and cheap too) and start for nagpur early morning around 4-5am.
You will be in Nagpur around 3-4pm.
If you don't mind stretching it start early. The road is not usable from 10pm to around 4am because of extremely heavy and dangerous truck traffic, not to mention potential Naxal activity.
Bangalore to Hydrabad is a good road, but its just 2 lane with blind curves. We saw horrific accidents on the curves due to fools overtaking at night.
Add to this maniac bus drivers who overtake without checking if anything is in opposite lane, the route is anything but suicidal.

Thanks Satish,Suryam and tsk .
@tsk I plan to leave at around 5 am so the traffic should not be too bad huh ? And i hope the route is not as scary as it sounds ...:)
Should I stay overnight at Hyd or kurnool ?

If you start early you can make to hyd by afternoon. Hyd to Nagpur will be around 8-10 hours depending on which part of hyd you start. I would suggest looking for towns after hyderabad so that you reach the hotel by around 8pm and next morning have a short drive of around 5 hours to Nagpur.
If you plan to stay in hyd I suggest you cross hyd and then look for a hotel in the outskirts.
Hydrabad is a traffic nightmare and its impossible to get any directions at all, we went around in circles as we missed the "outer ring road" or something to that effect.
Hyd TBHPians will be able to help you better in "places to stay".
As for Kurnool, I suggest you make it a stopover on your return journey and not while going since you are starting early.
First day you will be fresh and you will be able to pull of 10-12 hours of straight driving, so on the second day keep driving less so that you don't end up all tired and drowsy in Nagpur.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 361091)
Also , the distance being over 1500 km

AFAIK, the distance is a little less than 1100Km and not over 1500 Km.

BTW, not related as such to your Hyd journey. But one our collegues went to Tirupati at 5.00 AM in scorpio(y'day). They have heavy fog till 6.30 AM and they had to travel around 20 kmph. So be prepared for this -- if u plan to leave earlier.

Got following from MapmyIndia - India's First Interactive Mapping Portal

From
> Bangalore
To
> Nagpur, Maharashtra

Note: There may be some minor errors in the textual instructions, and we are working to improve them. When planning your trip, look at the highlighted route on the map as well.

To: Nagpur, Maharashtra
Total Distance: 1045.42 Km

Start at Bangalore - go 0.13 Km
Turn right on NH 7 - go 14.06 Km
Turn slightly left on SH 9 - go 113.47 Km
Turn left on NH 7 - go 220.58 Km
At NH 7 Kurnool, Turn left - go 2.35 Km
At NH 7 Bypass Road Kallur, Continue - go 1.3 Km
Turn right on NH 7 Kurnool Bypass - go 4.03 Km
Turn right on NH 7 - go 186.86 Km
At NH 7 Posettyguda, Continue - go 11.72 Km
Turn slightly left on Nehru Zoological Park Road - go 3.81 Km
At Nehru Zoological Park Road Hyderabad, Turn right - go 0.06 Km
At Hyderabad, Continue - go 0.03 Km
Turn left on NH 9 Puranapul Road - go 0.23 Km
Turn right on NH 7 Jummerat Bazar Road - go 0.57 Km
At NH 7 Jummerat Bazar Road Hyderabad, Turn right - go 1.64 Km
Turn right on NH 7 Jawaharlal Nehru Road - go 1.67 Km
At NH 7 Jawaharlal Nehru Road Hyderabad, Turn right - go 0.05 Km
Turn slightly left on NH 7 Jawaharlal Nehru Road - go 1.09 Km
Turn slightly left on NH 7 Abids Road - go 0.15 Km
Turn right on NH 7 Mahatma Gandhi Road - go 1.18 Km
At NH 7 Mahatma Gandhi Road Hyderabad, Continue - go 0.08 Km
Turn right on NH 7 Tankbund Road - go 2.54 Km
Turn left on NH 7 Mahatma Gandhi Road - go 2.59 Km
At NH 7 Mahatma Gandhi Road Secunderabad Cantt, Turn slightly left - go 0.07 Km
Turn right on NH 7 Mahatma Gandhi Road - go 0.59 Km
Turn left on NH 7 Bowanpalli Road - go 1.91 Km
At NH 7 Nizamabad Road Hyderabad, Turn right - go 2.64 Km
At NH 7 Nizamabad Road Hyderabad, Turn right - go 18.17 Km
Turn slightly left on NH 7 - go 451.84 Km
Reach NH 6 Nagpur - go 0.01 Km
End at Nagpur

Hey Guys thank you so much for the information.
@Su -47 -- am not too sure bro ,just got it from the net so am not too sure
@TSK that sounds like a great idea , i will look for a place after hyd for a stay over.I do plan to stay there for a week so incase i feel fresh enough to drive will drive on and rest there as i have my uncles family there .Any suggestions bhpians?
@Suryam -Thanks a zillion for the road map ,and thats a good point ..fog ..i had ignored it completely ..Will keep that in mind

Thanks a lot guys , your suggestions were really helpful ...and yes I was also given wrong directions in Hyd and got lost for 3 hours ...but was able to cover the 1150 km distance in a day :)

Quite a feat to cover so much distance in a single day, even after wasting so much time in Hyderabad. Hope you had a nice trip..

Howz the HYD-NGP road these days??

Hey Su -47 , thanks bro . Had a lovely trip . A lot of work is being done on the NH7 and it is being done at a very nice pace .This highway should be a lot of fun to drive on soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 508598)
Hey Su -47 , thanks bro . Had a lovely trip . A lot of work is being done on the NH7 and it is being done at a very nice pace .This highway should be a lot of fun to drive on soon.

OT, response after months :) ...
Anyway can u breakup the timings of the trip please just for us to do some more planning....like time of start from Blr, approx time spent in each stretches...
That would help a lot...

Abhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 508841)
OT, response after months :) ...
Anyway can u breakup the timings of the trip please just for us to do some more planning....like time of start from Blr, approx time spent in each stretches...
That would help a lot...

Abhi

heh heh ,sorry bro been a lil tied up :)
ok , timings - left bangalore at 6:45 am reached hyderabad by 2 pm
Had lunch and left for Nagpur at 3 pm and was still leaving for Nagpur by almost 7 pm ...lol got some real nice directions ..every place was straight ..with hands pointing in all directions

Managed to get out of hyd by 7 pm and reached Nagpur by 12:30 am or so .

I wouldnt suggest travelling on that road by night as I came to know from some people later on that that area is not safe and lots of robberies take place.Infact hardly saw any private vehicles on that road late night.

I know its not too comprehensive but cant really remember too much now .

Quite nice info to travelfrom Bangalore to Nagpur. any suggestions guys as i will be driving tata safari to nagpur, starting from Bannerghatta Road Bangalore.i will be driving this weekend , any tips and if anyone wanna join.
Amol