Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2019, 16:01   #1
BHPian

Trip from Hyderabad to Tirunelveli

Hi folks,

I own a Ford freestyle titanium plus petrol. I'm planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Tirunelveli in Tamilnadu and back.

Planning to start on Tuesday morning and take a halt at Hosur for the night before starting the next morning to Tirunelveli.

Will also be visiting Tiruchendur, Madurai(temples) before starting back on 8th and halting near Bangalore on Saturday before resuming back to Hyderabad on Sunday.

I've been out of town since three weeks and the car has been idle. The car has done about 6k kms. Planning to get a general check up done tomorrow before I start on Tuesday morning.

Anything specific I need to check in the car considering the break?

And any suggestions on the route? Good eateries, break points, things to check out on the way?

Any help on how much would be the toll amount? And do plazas accept FasTag on the Bangalore Tirunelveli stretch? The route shown in Google maps is Bangalore-Salem-Madurai-Tirunelveli.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by bhaskar.guru : 2nd June 2019 at 16:04.
Old 3rd June 2019, 06:32   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Trip from Hyderabad to Tirunelveli

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
Planning to start on Tuesday morning and take a halt at Hosur for the night before starting the next morning to Tirunelveli.
Daytime traffic in Bangalore can be high and unpredictable. You can try the Devanahalli-Hoskote-Malur-Hosur road. A bit longer, but is a peaceful drive.
The Standard NH207 I think has not improved between Hoskote and ChikkaTirupathi. Hence its worth to drive to Malur and come back to Hosur via Bagalur.

Quote:
And any suggestions on the route? Good eateries, break points, things to check out on the way?
Till Devanahalli its the same as in Bangalore-Hyderabad highway. Devanahalli-Hosur would be about 2 hours. Beyond Hosur you again get a slew of restaurants in Krishnagiri and Salem.

Quote:
Any help on how much would be the toll amount? And do plazas accept FasTag on the Bangalore Tirunelveli stretch?
Pretty much most NH accepts Fastag including the NH7.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 08:11   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Trip from Hyderabad to Tirunelveli

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post

Any help on how much would be the toll amount? And do plazas accept FasTag on the Bangalore Tirunelveli stretch? The route shown in Google maps is Bangalore-Salem-Madurai-Tirunelveli.

Thanks in advance!

The toll is around 700/- between Bangalore and Tirunelveli. And Fastag works in all the toll booths.

Regarding eateries, you have many options on the Bangalore - Salem stretch and then just after the kappalur toll(Madurai), you have hari's restaurant, nellai saravana bhavan and anjappar(non-veg) on the right side. Then you have Capsi restaurant near kayathar. There are many other options too, it all depends on your start time from Hosur.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks