Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2019, 12:51   #1

Bangalore - Lucknow Route Query

Hi Folks,

Am contemplating a solo drive from Bangalore to Lucknow. Have a total of 9 days with me to do a return journey from Bangalore to Lucknow. If I do it, this would be my first first solo drive.

My family has been continuously discouraging me to do it and they would rather I come down by flight. Tried to get a companion for this drive but did not work out. Hence the thought of a solo drive.

Have driven till Nizamabad and that has been my longest drive till date. I have an S Cross 1.3 (2015) with 30K on the odometer. Just got it serviced about 3 weeks back. Have driven more than 80K kms till date overall but mostly in Southern and Western parts of India.

The route shown by the map on a broad level is Bangalore - Hyderbad - Nagpur - Jabalpur - Katni - Satna - Chitrakoot - Rae bareilly - Lucknow.

All I am doing right now is checking if this is at all feasible to do in 3 / 3.5 days one side ?

Any info on this route will help. Alternate route suggestions or trip prep tips would be massively helpful as well.

Have got my medicine chest, tyre inflator, hydraulic jack and puncture kit already ready (in anticipation).

If at all, I Intend to start this by Saturday (2nd Nov) and wrap it up by Sunday next week. Can extend my leaves by a couple of days if required as well.

Please help !

A note to moderators: Did a search for a similar thread on the forums but did not see any. If there exists one, please do merge my query with that thread.

-Abhishek
snoozey is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 13:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Lucknow Route Query

The Route is easily doable and doesnt have any risky places on route in my knowledge.

The locations chosen also doesnt seem to have too many tourist attractions, hence stays will be very few I assume.

If I were you, I would take the flight as well

The risks of driving alone without any back-up in case of emergency is something I wont take, but depending on life stages one can choose the risks. I have done 600 kms in 20 hrs on a 110 cc bike in peak winters in my earlier days (something I cant imagine doing now).
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 13:56   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozey View Post
Nagpur - Jabalpur - Katni - Satna - Chitrakoot - Rae bareilly - Lucknow.
Last year when we drove to Jabalpur, the road beyond Lakhnadon - Duma - Jabalpur was bad and we learnt it was same till Katni due to expansion work. I am not sure if the situation has changed today.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 14:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

You can do all the way to Katni on Day 1, provided an early start by 02:30 from Bangalore. Only issue for the time being is the Pench Seoni road work. I had done this sector on August 30th. Katni - Rishi Regency is a decent place with good parking and a decent restaurant + bar. You will reach Lucknow the next day
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2023, 14:58   #5
BHPian

Hello, I plan to do the same route over the last week of December 2023 on a two-wheeler. Can anyone who has been on the road recently share your thoughts on the road condition, and the fog/smog weather?

Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks