Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2017, 10:18   #2671
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
There are just too many of them. You dont even have to worry. Nowadays even the Chennai highway is like a food court like the Mysore road.

Also in the end even if you start very early and dont get to see the hotels open, you can as well go all the way to Kanchi have a good fill! Original Saravana Bhavan, GRT, Sangeetha etc! You name it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Right at Krishnagiri there're super plenty options such as Mangalam, Aishwarya, Murugan or something I remember vaguely.

Other options include, Hosur A2B, Shoolagiri Krishna Inn, Chinnar A2B, Ambur Arya Bhavan, Arcot A2B, Ranipet Aryaas; basically you can choose the restaurant at the time you leave
Wow, Thanks a ton - never knew that there are so many hotels on that route - been couple of years after my last Chennai drive.
Old 6th April 2017, 10:46   #2672
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Wow, Thanks a ton - never knew that there are so many hotels on that route - been couple of years after my last Chennai drive.
Bangalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri : Krishna Inn, A2B, CCD, MCD, Saravana Bhavan (on either side), Mangalam (opposite)

Krishnagiri - Ambur - Pallikonda - Vellore : Sai Sangeeth, CCD (3 of them), Anandas, Arya Bhavan, GRT (away from road), Vasantha Bhavan

Vellore-Walaja-Kanchi-Sri Perumbudur : Sai Sangeeth; Mary Brown (other side), Murugan Idi (other side); Original Saravana Bhavan, Arya Bhavan, 2 Coffee Days

Imagine I am just scribbling the names! Now you know, what it must be to notice them on the road!
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 10:53   #2673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Bangalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri : Krishna Inn, A2B, CCD, MCD, Saravana Bhavan (on either side), Mangalam (opposite)

Krishnagiri - Ambur - Pallikonda - Vellore : Sai Sangeeth, CCD (3 of them), Anandas, Arya Bhavan, GRT (away from road), Vasantha Bhavan

Vellore-Walaja-Kanchi-Sri Perumbudur : Sai Sangeeth; Mary Brown (other side), Murugan Idi (other side); Original Saravana Bhavan, Arya Bhavan, 2 Coffee Days

Imagine I am just scribbling the names! Now you know, what it must be to notice them on the road!
Super - with these many options, I hope there will be some places which are open as early as 6. I will keep CCD as last option, if nothing else works out.

I usually start at 3.30 from bangalore when I drive to kerala, and stop at Shree Sharavana Bhavan after Salem since that is the only place which starts serving breakfast at 6.00.

--Anoop
Old 6th April 2017, 15:10   #2674
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Super - with these many options, I hope there will be some places which are open as early as 6.
Anoop - If your plan is to visit Kanchipuram for shopping (without temple visits), I think reaching there before 8:30am is not going to help, the shops open around 8:30-9:00.
Given this, 4am start to reach Arcot A2B by 6:30 will be a good plan. Alternatively, start at 5 and stop at Vaniyambadi Sai Sangeet. Even with a relaxed 30-45 minute break, you can still reach Kanchipuram before 9am.

In my experience, I found these 2 places to be very good. There is another Sai Sangeet on right side near Walajah toll but food there was not as good and while going towards Kanchi, the place needs a U-turn after the toll!

Do check out the earlier posts on the shopping related questions

Last edited by NPV : 6th April 2017 at 15:17.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 11:00   #2675
BHPian

Hello everyone. I need an advice. I am planning to drive to Adayar, Chennai on Sunday, 23rd April, morning, from BTM Layout, Bangalore. I would like to avoid the rush in toll booths, like Attibele, Krishnagiri etc. I am thinking of taking the Chitoor, Thriruthani, Thiruvallur route to Chennai.

Map Link

Please tell me, if it is a good route, in terms of traffic and road conditions.

Thank you.
Old 17th April 2017, 11:26   #2676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
Hello everyone. I need an advice. I am planning to drive to Adayar, Chennai on Sunday, 23rd April, morning, from BTM Layout, Bangalore. I would like to avoid the rush in toll booths, like Attibele, Krishnagiri etc. I am thinking of taking the Chitoor, Thriruthani, Thiruvallur route to Chennai.

Thank you.
I am not aware of the Chittor-Thiruthani part but there onward roads are in very good condition. This is the standard Chennai-Tirupati route and traffic will be on little higher side.

Last edited by Makin Rulesz : 17th April 2017 at 11:30.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 12:09   #2677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking of taking the Chitoor, Thriruthani, Thiruvallur route to Chennai.

Thank you.
AFAIK, Chittoor(AP)-Pallipattu(TN)-Nagari(AP)-Tiruttani(TN) route is always good and is very less in traffice. I believe suresh_gs also recently travelled but nothing to worry about road conditions.

You would definitely need a GPS to ensure you exit correctly towards Pallipattu between Chittoor-Puttur highway.

However, please note there are absolutely no stop decent place to break after Chittoor till you reach Madras/Poonamalle. The ones that are present are very basic if absolutely needed to stop.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 14:17   #2678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Map Link

Thank you.
Rather than taking the Tiruvallur route, I would suggest you to take the below route. I traveled on the same last month

Via Chittoor town, Ponnai, Sholinghur, Arakkonam, Thakkolam, Saveetha University Sriperumbudur. Hardly any traffic enroute. Inside Arakkonam town, some road repair work was going on . Otherwise no issues
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 14:50   #2679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Rather than taking the Tiruvallur route, I would suggest you to take the below route. I traveled on the same last month

Via Chittoor town, Ponnai, Sholinghur, Arakkonam, Thakkolam, Saveetha University Sriperumbudur. Hardly any traffic enroute. Inside Arakkonam town, some road repair work was going on . Otherwise no issues
Thanks. Is this the Route you are suggesting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
AFAIK, Chittoor(AP)-Pallipattu(TN)-Nagari(AP)-Tiruttani(TN) route is always good and is very less in traffice. I believe suresh_gs also recently travelled but nothing to worry about road conditions.

However, please note there are absolutely no stop decent place to break after Chittoor till you reach Madras/Poonamalle. The ones that are present are very basic if absolutely needed to stop.

-Ravi
GRT Regency, Tiruttani is a good place to stop between Tirutani and Chennai.

I will most certainly use GPS based navigation when travelling. I use navigation, when driving frmo BTM to Jaynagar 4th Block. Kind of addicted to it. I use Waze. it is a fun navigation tool.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th April 2017 at 18:06. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 17th April 2017, 14:57   #2680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Is this the Route you are suggesting?
You are spot on. I took the same route last month. The only difference was I intended to take the the Thakkolam-Nemili route to Sriperumbudur and then go via Manimangalam to Nanganallur which is south Chennai.
The route I took had very good roads. The best was the Sholinghur-Arakkonam road. Broad 2 lane road.
Old 19th April 2017, 09:57   #2681
BHPian

What is the present status of Palamner-Gudiyattam-Pallikonda stretch?
Anybody did this route recently?
Old 19th April 2017, 16:15   #2682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
You are spot on. I took the same route last month. The only difference was I intended to take the the Thakkolam-Nemili route to Sriperumbudur and then go via Manimangalam to Nanganallur which is south Chennai.
The route I took had very good roads. The best was the Sholinghur-Arakkonam road. Broad 2 lane road.
Can you suggest me the best route from Velachery? I'm planning to drive along with wifey & 2 kids for the upcoming May 1st long weekend. I was thinking of doing the usual route via Vellore - Hosur but given that it's a long weekend, I reckon the traffic could be possibly be high. Would the route via Chittoor be a better alternative? Also, I'd need good places to stop over on the way as I have 2 kids.
Old 19th April 2017, 19:14   #2683
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d View Post
Would the route via Chittoor be a better alternative? Also, I'd need good places to stop over on the way as I have 2 kids.
Answered this part of your query on another thread - here (Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries)

Last edited by NPV : 19th April 2017 at 19:21.
Old 28th April 2017, 17:03   #2684
BHPian

Hello all! I am planning on travelling from Chennai to Vaniyambadi/Ambur and back again to Chennai on the 30th of April. How is the state of the Bangalore Chennai highway via Sriperumbudur? I will be taking my 11 year old Honda City ZX Vtec so any precautions to be taken for such an old car? And is it advisable to travel by road during the summer, w.r.t. tyre bursts, and would filling up with nitrogen help? Any other advice? Thanks!
Old 28th April 2017, 17:25   #2685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
Hello all! I am planning on travelling from Chennai to Vaniyambadi/Ambur and back again to Chennai on the 30th of April. How is the state of the Bangalore Chennai highway via Sriperumbudur? I will be taking my 11 year old Honda City ZX Vtec so any precautions to be taken for such an old car? And is it advisable to travel by road during the summer, w.r.t. tyre bursts, and would filling up with nitrogen help? Any other advice? Thanks!
The stretch from Chennai to Chennasamudram toll is way better than what it was. Drove on this stretch in the last week of March this year. Very much motor-able by car.
As regards tyre burst, limit your car speed to less than 100 kmph. Filling the tyres with Nitrogen does help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks