Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2020, 15:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Road-trip query: Mumbai to McLeod Ganj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
But trust me on this, when you are visiting Himachal, you should be more excited about the views outside your room than what's inside the room.
A truer word was never spoken.

What a coincidence. My wife and i are leaving for a 21 day trip to HP on the 11th Oct.- Just 8 days away! We shall be driving from Ahmedabad and our route is Jaipur-Kasauli-Tirthan Valley-Kasol-McLeod Gunj -Khajjiar. We would stay for 5 days each at Tirthan and Kasol and 2-3 days at Mcleod Gunj and Khajjiar; apart from pit stops at Jaipur and Kasauli (2 nights) and what ever stops required on the way back via Amritsar and Jodhpur.

As rdst_1 has mentioned, the charm of HP are the great views, about relaxing with nature and going for walks/hikes and treks. We prefer staying in homestays and bonding with the hosts, imbibing the local culture and food.
Try it out. You won't regret it.

@rdst_1: Don't want to hijack this thread, but would surely like some advise. Okay to PM you?
Old 3rd October 2020, 16:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
@rdst_1: Don't want to hijack this thread, but would surely like some advise. Okay to PM you?
Anytime mate. It might be better if you post your queries in the TeamBHP Meet Whatsapp group that Dr. Aditya added your number to as the others in the group are much more experienced travelling around these areas than me.
rdst_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 18:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
My wife and i are leaving for a 21 day trip to HP on the 11th Oct.- Just 8 days away! We shall be driving from Ahmedabad and our route is Jaipur-Kasauli-Tirthan Valley-Kasol-McLeod Gunj -Khajjiar.
Please do share your entire trip experience with me! It shall be of immense help as I am considering Ahmedabad as a stayover point.

Thanks!
Old 7th October 2020, 15:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Please do share your entire trip experience with me! It shall be of immense help as I am considering Ahmedabad as a stayover point.
Sure. Shall do. Send me a PM before you leave for A'bad.
Old 7th November 2022, 07:42   #20
BHPian

We will be travelling to Mashobra, Manali and Dharamshala in that order over 10 days and would like some updates on the road conditions and roads to be taken between these places.

Travelling from 14th to 24th November.

From Dharamshala we will be returning to Gurgaon for our return journey to Mumbai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks