Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2016, 12:19   #16
J.Ravi

Re: Delhi - Pune / Which is the best Route

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan V G View Post
Just close to the Ahmedabad Vadodara expressway so that I can get out of the city quickly and early.
You can consider Gurgaon>Udaipur>Shamlaji>Modassa>Godhra>Vadodara>T hane>Pune. GJ SH 5 from Shamlaji to Vadodara is a beautiful 4-lane road, but without much trafffic. I enjoyed riding recently on that stretch. GJ SH 5 joins directly at Vadodara bypass totally avoiding a bad stretch of 2-lane road between Himatnagar and Sardar Patal Ring Road. This is slightly shorter than the NH 8 alternative. If you take this route, don't miss the good food at Hotel Trupti, Godhra bypass.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 14th March 2016 at 12:23.

Old 15th March 2016, 18:33   #17
BHPian

Thanks friends for your valuable suggestions and info sharing. Appreciate.
Old 15th April 2018, 21:42   #18
BHPian

Hi guys...am opening an old thread. Actually wanted to know the best route to Pune from Delhi for a motor cycle. I will be riding solo and have 2 days to cover the distance. Any suggestions?
Old 16th April 2018, 13:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer kumar View Post
Hi guys...am opening an old thread. Actually wanted to know the best route to Pune from Delhi for a motor cycle. I will be riding solo and have 2 days to cover the distance. Any suggestions?

Gurgaon - Jaipur - Udaipur - Shamlaji - (take left under the flyover)- Godhra - Vadodara - Vapi - Thane - Pune.
You would bypass Ahmedabad.
Good roads throughout.
Lot of stay options except Shamlaji Godhra Vadodara sector, where you need to watch out for animals and humans crossing abruptly.
Happysmiles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 23:33   #20
BHPian

Got communications from my employer that I will have to work from office at least twice a week starting 4th Oct. And I am taking delivery of Safari on 1st Oct.

So the only option for me is to drive it to Pune from Noida I can't leave a new car behind, the urge to drive it will be too high.

Please suggest what is the best route. Google maps is suggesting Noida- Shivpuri-Indore-Dhule-Pune.
Old 29th September 2021, 09:01   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Got communications from my employer that I will have to work from office at least twice a week starting 4th Oct. And I am taking delivery of Safari on 1st Oct.

So the only option for me is to drive it to Pune from Noida I can't leave a new car behind, the urge to drive it will be too high.

Please suggest what is the best route. Google maps is suggesting Noida- Shivpuri-Indore-Dhule-Pune.
Hi there,

I have recently done Mumbai Indore Mumbai trip and as per my observation please do not take this route. Highways in MP are good. you will struggle during Agra gwalior stretch due to heavy local traffic then from Gwalior to MP-MH border its great tarmac, you will enjoy it but after entering MH you will get a highway with holes in it. Journey will be tiresome.

NOIDA--GGN--JAIPUR--AJMER--UDAIPUR--SHAMLAJI--MODASSA--GODHRA--VADODARA--MUMBAI--PUNE will be a more suitable choice.
msonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 19:27   #22
BHPian

Anyone has done Delhi Pune recently? Any suggestions on the route to take. Will be traveling solo and would prefer the fastest route possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks