Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2020, 14:02   #1
BHPian

Northern hill stations to visit in February?

Reading this thread (Indian Hotels at one-of-a-kind locations) has got me excited to plan our anniversary with a trip at the end of Feb next year. This year we visited Kanha and trips before have focused on beach destinations like Goa, Thailand etc. So this time plan to visit one of beautiful hill-stations in northern India.

From that thread locations I liked were from Himachal and Jammu & Kashmir. My preference is scenic destinations which are not touristy. And how will the weather be last week of Feb?

Looking forward to suggestions.
Old 7th December 2020, 17:03   #2
BHPian

re: Northern hill stations to visit in February?

Anything over 5500-6000 feet in HP / JK / UK in the month of Feb will get snowfall. So a lot depends on if you want white magic or not.

A good bet will be to look out for independent 1 or 2BHK cottages on Airbnb. While searching, use the map option to located cottages which are away from a popular hill station. Filter on the ones that have good rating (users can only rate when they paid and stayed at a property)

1) Check for areas around Pangot (above Nainital)
2) I know a homestay near Chail in the middle of nowhere - basic but peaceful and tasty local food
3) Tirthan valley is nice but rather long drive of 10-12 hrs from Delhi
BunnyPunia is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks