Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2007, 13:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mangalore-shimoga route info reqd.

Hi guys, have to go to Shimoga from Mangalore on 17th ie. the day after tomorrow, will be travelling by cab, which would be the best route to take? I've heard of a route that goes via mudigere, thirthahalli to Shimoga. How good are the roads on this route and is there an alternate route? Kindly advise. Thanks.
Old 15th April 2007, 18:52   #2
Team-BHP Support

For now your best option is Mangalore-Udupi-Manipal-Hiriadka-Hebri-Agumbe-tirthahalli-Shimoga.
Old 15th April 2007, 19:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yes route suggested by Samurai is the best route as per my knowledge, I heard after rainy season in 2006 roads near Agumbe damaged, I have few friends nearby they said roads are quite ok in ghat section.

Ravi.
Old 15th April 2007, 20:11   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
For now your best option is Mangalore-Udupi-Manipal-Hiriadka-Hebri-Agumbe-tirthahalli-Shimoga.
This is the route which we took from Shimoga- Udupi- Mangalore 2-3 months back. Roads are good except for a few kms strech near Agumbe Ghats.
Old 15th April 2007, 20:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys, any idea what the distance and travelling time in these roads would be? Looking forward to Agumbe, not been there since I was a kid, now will definitely take my camera along.
Old 15th April 2007, 22:36   #6
DRC
BHPian

Agumbe ghat road has been fixed. I had been there 2 weeks ago.
It is fun to climb the agumbe ghat. I drove from Udupi to Shringeri via Agumbe. After Agumbe, to reach Shimoga, continue on the same route instead of turning to Shingeri. Not sure about the road between Agumbe and shimoga. It will be usually good. Never had a bad road on that stretch anytime so far.

The distance would be about 210kms, approx.
Old 19th April 2007, 17:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Agumbe ghat road has been fixed. I had been there 2 weeks ago.
It is fun to climb the agumbe ghat. I drove from Udupi to Shringeri via Agumbe. After Agumbe, to reach Shimoga, continue on the same route instead of turning to Shingeri. Not sure about the road between Agumbe and shimoga. It will be usually good. Never had a bad road on that stretch anytime so far.
Thanks guys, took the road samurai suggested and DRC the agumbe to Shimoga is even better than Manipal-Agumbe stretch. It was a very scenic drive. Only problem was the indicab which was in damn bad shape with an even worse driver. The short trip, though on work is worth a travelogue, will try and post it sometime.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks