Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2007, 12:53   #1
BHPian

Byndoor - Bangalore

Im planning to go to the Sai Vishram Resort at Byndoor in the first week of May from Mangalore. But I would like to drive back to Bangalore from Byndoor. What is the best route that I can take. Should I go up to Honnavar and then catch the NH206? or is there any other shorter route with decent road conditions. Thanks in Advance.
Old 21st April 2007, 15:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Your best option as of now would be the Byndoor-Honnavar-Sagar-Shimoga-Bangalore.
I was in Mangalore a couple of days ago, and drove till Udupi, roads are not all that good because of 4-laning work in progress, the drive back via mentioned route is definitely more scenic.
Check the distances from Byndoor to Manipal, If it is near then you could take the Manipal-agumbe-theerthalli-shimoga, again awesome scenery and very good road. This route was suggested by Samurai and enjoyed every bit of it.
Old 21st April 2007, 16:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Byndoor - Bangalore via Honnavar is 482.7 kms
Byndoor-Bangalore via Theerthalli, Shimoga is 428.75 kms
(Byndoor-Idurkunhadi-Siddapur-Sulagodu-Theerthalli-Shimoga-Bangalore)
Source: Mapmyindia.com
Old 21st April 2007, 20:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

"Byndoor - Bangalore via Honnavar is 482.7 kms"
you will love this route....also Manipal-agumbe-theerthalli-shimoga this is great route.... lots of winding roads... anytime better then NH48
Old 26th September 2021, 13:52   #5
BHPian

Re: Byndoor - Bangalore

I'm planning to visit Sai Vishram resort in Byndoor in Oct from Bangalore (with wife and son). When I looked at the Google Maps, there are two routes primarily.

One via Hiriyur, Bhadra wildlife sanctuary, thirthahalli, kundapura, byndoor.

Second route is via channarayapatna, belur, aldur, balehonnur, hariharapura, agumbe, kundapura, byndoor.

I am thinking of taking second route as it seems to be scenic. I would like to know if the road condition is better or should I avoid this route (due to any safety reasons)? Kindly advise.
Old 26th September 2021, 14:52   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payaniga View Post
Second route is via channarayapatna, belur, aldur, balehonnur, hariharapura, agumbe, kundapura, byndoor.

I am thinking of taking second route as it seems to be scenic. I would like to know if the road condition is better or should I avoid this route (due to any safety reasons)? Kindly advise.
Of the two routes that you mentioned, the second is definitely the most scenic. I did the same route 2 weeks ago with the following deviations on account of personal preference.

1. Instead of going via Hariharapura, I took a left at Jayapura and went via Sringeri to join Agumbe.

2. After Agumbe I went via Udupi to Kundapura.

Just be careful while driving on the Gendehalli Road between Belur - Aldur, there are frequent stretches of deep potholes, slush and water puddles. The corners of Agumbe Ghat are worn out.

Traffic is sedate and apart from above mentioned the roads are fantastic throughout to drive on this route.

Have a safe journey!
AJ739 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 16:39   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ739 View Post
Of the two routes that you mentioned, the second is definitely the most scenic. I did the same route 2 weeks ago with the following deviations on account of personal preference.

1. Instead of going via Hariharapura, I took a left at Jayapura and went via Sringeri to join Agumbe.

2. After Agumbe I went via Udupi to Kundapura.

Just be careful while driving on the Gendehalli Road between Belur - Aldur, there are frequent stretches of deep potholes, slush and water puddles. The corners of Agumbe Ghat are worn out.

Traffic is sedate and apart from above mentioned the roads are fantastic throughout to drive on this route.

Have a safe journey!
Thank you for the information.
Payaniga is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks