Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2007, 21:54   #1
BHPian

anyone been to chakrata near dehradun??

i am planning to take my new car there next weekend. Anyone knows about this place, whats the best route to take from delhi.

thanks.
Old 2nd May 2007, 22:16   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi.

I've driven through Chakrata and I'd never take my new car there, unless it was a serious offroader.

Chakrata itself is a military installation and the route is hard and single sided.
Remember chakrata allows traffic theough only one way at a time, so be prepared to wait for an hour or 2 for the gates to open.

Also remember that photography is prohibited at Chakrata and the soldiers will confiscate your camera if you are found using it.

The correct route from Delhi: Start off on NH1, towards Panipat/kurukshetra. After Kurukshetra turn right at the yamunanagar crossing.

Cross yamunanagar and turn to Paonta Sahib. From paonta Sahib go to Kalsi and from kalsi to Chakrata.
You can find more info on this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-meet-yet.html
Old 2nd May 2007, 23:04   #3
BHPian

Quote:
After Kurukshetra turn right at the yamunanagar crossing
A bit of a correction here. Its not after Kurukshetra. Its the main crossing for Kurukshetra. Left turn takes you to Kurukshetra and right to Yamuna Nagar (Assuming you are coming from Delhi).
IIRC there's a board guiding you regarding this.
Old 8th May 2007, 17:39   #4

Hi,

Yes I endorse Sam's view for New Car, I went there in December 2006. Roads are quite bad, specially the stretch after Vikas Nagar. So better to avoid New car's test drive on this stretch. Mohit has rightly pointed out the right turn is at main crossing of Kurukshetra itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks