Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2021, 22:42   #1

Nashik to Udaipur - Route Queries

I am contemplating a drive from Nashik to Udaipur sometime in November 21. Google Maps is suggesting joining the Mumbai-Vadodara highway (NH48) at Kharel after driving through Saputara on NH360, or at Killa-Pardi after driving on NH848. Would greatly appreciate members' guidance on the following:

1. Both NH360 and NH848 appear to traverse ghats with a lot of steep bends. As I am nearing 60 years of age (!), which road is less stressful? I plan to leave on a Saturday or Sunday - will this affect traffic levels?

2. Once I am on NH48, I continue up to Vadodara where I branch off to SH87/5/145 to Godhra, Modasa and Shamlaji where I rejoin NH48 to continue on to Udaipur. Will greatly appreciate guidance on state of roads and likely bottlenecks.

3. I am thinking of making a night rest halt at or after Vadodara. Will greatly appreciate recommendations for a place to stay a night on the highway itself at or after Vadodara.

4. Google Maps is also suggesting a route via Madhya Pradesh passing close to Mhow and Ratlam and entering Rajasthan at Banswara. Though this route is 90 minutes longer, is it worth considering on basis of road condition and traffic volumes?

Thanks a lot!
Old 16th October 2021, 00:35   #2
BHPian

re: Nashik to Udaipur - Route Queries

Once you catch NH48, there is no need to go off track from it. NH48 will take you straight to udaipur. From vapi the cities on NH48 are valsad - surat - bharuch-vadodra- anand - nadiad - ahmedabad - gandhinagar- himatnagar - dungarpur(rajasthan) - udaipur. No neef to go to Godhra.

You can catch NH48 at valsad, which I believe is 150 kms from nasik. No idea about road condition of NH848. NH 48 is very good in Gujarat and Rajasthan. Vadodra is a good stop point, almost mid point.

Just take NH48(the golden quadrilateral) and enjoy the trip. No need to go via Madhya Pradesh. The NH48 is unparallel. If you wish via MP the route will be nasik to dhule NH60. From dhule via NH 52 the entry will be at sendhwa(barwani). Continue till Indore. After crossing Indore take NH 156 via ratlam to banswara(rajasthan). NH 56 from there will take you to dungarpur where you will join NH48 to udaipur.

Last edited by Sran : 16th October 2021 at 00:46. Reason: Added the Madhya Pradesh route.
Sran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 06:22   #3
BHPian

re: Nashik to Udaipur - Route Queries

Hello, NH48 is one of the better roads in the country. You can comfortably drive at 80 kmph on the highway and the roads are excellent till Udaipur. The terrain is mostly flat but as you approach Udaipur you'll find some changes in terrain and few high-speed curves which are nothing to worry about. The truck traffic in Gujrat is very high near industrial corridors and the lane discipline followed by trucks is poor. You'll often find them occupying all the three lanes.
The driving is mostly stress free if you aren't in a hurry. I have done Mumbai to Udaipur almost every year since 2014 and it takes me 12-13 hours to cover ~800 kms and I believe it should take the same from Nashik. SH's in Gujrat again are pretty good but you'll encounter wrong side traffic, stray animals, jaywalker near the villages, although whenever I took the Godhra route, the traffic was always mild to non-existent. For the night halt in Vadodra, there are many options near the highway but it would be lot better and safer if you drive a little and get inside the city limits for accommodation.
Mach_1590 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks