Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2021, 15:20   #1
BHPian

Bangalore to Singrauli (MP) route queries

Hi all

I have to travel to Singrauli from Bangalore in end of Nov with my wife and 2 boys (12 and 14 years old) to attend a marriage in my family. Flight options are
1. Bangalore to Varanasi and 7 hours taxi to Singrauli this will take 2 days.
2. Return will be just the opposite of 1 taking 2 days.

A hotel stay will also be required in Varanasi on each night. Flight tickets are roughly 6000 one way to Varanasi and cab will charge 5000 one way. Total expenses are expected to be 80k including hotel stay etc.

While planning the trip I just thought of not excluding the option of driving down from Bangalore. It is roughly 1800KM one way. I have done longer trips in the last like Bangalore to Jaipur, Bangalore to Puri etc and the family is quite used to long road trips. Road trip will probably take 3 days one way but we can enjoy the ride and stop at the places of our choice. If we do drive down than on return we have 5 days to come back to Bangalore and hence are open to visiting other places by taking an alternate route.

We have a brand new 330i less than 1000KM driven which will be our wheels.

Marriage is on a Monday so we have reach Singrauli by Saturday evening. we can leave Bangalore on Thursday Morning. we can start our return journey on the following wednesday and need to get back to Bangalore by Sunday.

questions
1. Suggested route
2. Is it safe to drive to Singrauli (as it is quite an interior place) and that too in a BMW?
3. What could be the potential route from Singrauli to Bangalore that we can drive so that we get to see some great places (we have 5 days as I mentioned above)
4. any other suggestions?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Last edited by FamilyTraveller : 27th October 2021 at 15:23. Reason: added more details

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks