Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2021, 04:57   #1

Mumbai - Diveagar : Route Queries

Hello Members,

My first post on this group. I am planning a trip from Mumbai to Diveagar on 27th Dec'21 and onwards to Harihareshwar. Google Maps suggests a couple of routes - the first, through Roha-Nagothane and the second, through Pali.

I will be driving through this section for the first time, so any guidance on the best route to take, do's & dont's would be welcome.

Await your guidance. Thanks.
Old 25th December 2021, 13:39   #2
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Diveagar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post

Google Maps suggests a couple of routes - the first, through Roha-Nagothane and the second, through Pali.
Just last week went to Mahad from mumbai. Used the Pali route, except for few hundred meters in some stretches the road is fairly good. You can vouch for this road.
Had done the same itinerary in 2018 which you are planning to undertake. You can trust google maps on the route from Diveghar to Harihareshwar.

Have not used the Roha route, seems it is a new option which is being thrown up by Google maps.

Best Wishes for your trip. Have a safe Journey!
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Diveagar : Route Queries-diveghar-beach.jpg  

SILVER-ARROW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 05:18   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunroof View Post
Hello Members,

My first post on this group. I am planning a trip from Mumbai to Diveagar on 27th Dec'21 and onwards to Harihareshwar. Google Maps suggests a couple of routes - the first, through Roha-Nagothane and the second, through Pali.

I will be driving through this section for the first time, so any guidance on the best route to take, do's & dont's would be welcome.

Await your guidance. Thanks.
My suggestion would be to stick to the Pen > Kolad > Mangoan > Morba > Diveagar route.

Reasons being:
- The road upto Mangoan was in really good shape, and the one after the right turn is newly laid. This will be an highway throughout. You'll not gain anything by going through Roha, which believe me has a lot of traffic on narrow roads and unruly drivers

- The Roha route seems shorter, but you'll end up taking more time in the ghat section after Roha.

- On top of that, the section between Mandar and Mhasla is rather deserted, so wouldn't advice is to someone going for the first time.

Stick with the highway.
GrandTourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 07:15   #4

Thanks a lot GrandTourer. Look forward to my drive and will stick to the route suggested.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks