Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2007, 17:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyd to Srisailam--best route

Hi guys,
I've seen postings on trips made to Srisailam from Hyd. As far as I know, there are 2 routes:-
1. Via Uppal-Ibrahimpatnam-Kulkulapalli-Mallepalle-Devarakonda-Road Jn-Srisailam (common route to Nagarjuna sagar upto Mallepalle)

2. Via Mahisama-Amangal-Kalwakurthi-Same Rd Jn-Srisailam

The second route appears to be shorter by 30 or 40 kms, per my calculation from Live Local Search.

My question is, which road is better to drive?
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2007, 11:07   #2
BHPian

Dude

The second route is pretty good, cannot comment on the first one since I have not been on that.

Cheers
Old 5th June 2007, 14:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks,
I tried out both routes. The first one is 40 kms longer, and takes you via Mallepalle,which is just 45 kms from Nagarjuna Sagar. Total distance was 268 kms. Return via the second route was 228 kms. Both routes merge at Dindi, from where the route to Srisailam is common.
The forest section between Mananur and Srisailam was fantastic. On my return,I touched 150 kmph on some straight stretches. Had a good time racing an Icon 1.6, but caution boards regarding accident prone zones made me slow down and let him win--what is the point at putting your family in peril ?
Old 6th June 2007, 16:36   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I always travel to srisailam from the old city route via, Saidabad, DRDL route ( dont know the names) and From Abids to Srisailam its exactly 225km one way.

I never knew that there is a route from Sagar highway, anyways, 268kms which is 40kms more, so chuck it
Old 16th July 2009, 15:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

hi all,
I am planning for hyd-srisailam trip this sunday on 19th july. Need to know the route info? which routes will be short? how r the road condition ? have recently been to Nagarjuna sagar and roads were pretty okay. wonder how it would be after some rain? any updates???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks