Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2022, 22:19   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Unique Homestays in the Himalayas | Your suggestions please

The Himalayas, especially in Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, have attracted us magnetically over the last 3 decades and more. Having explored most of the important tourist spots (as well as some unknown places), and having generally stayed at HPTDC, GMVN & KMVN hotels, we find they are now overpriced for what they offer, are poorly maintained, and are not attractive any more for a few days of peace and quiet - the other guests just don't gel with the expected ambience of these places.

We are now on the lookout for some hidden gems in the mountains of UK, HP & JK, with a preference for cosy but comfortable homestays & small resorts which are reasonably priced, are hidden away from the destinations of mainstream tourists, and which have views of snow peaks, rivers, valleys and meadows to soothe and rest one's eyes and soul. Fancy food and / or drink is not a necessity (we can do with basic local fare), and a site which can accommodate 2-6 people would be just perfect for us. Essential requirements also include rooms with a view, clean Western style washrooms, a safe place to park one's car, and reasonably good Internet connectivity (Wi-Fi or 4G).

Airbnb does offer a few such options, but many of them don't appear to have genuine reviews, and some that are Superhosts seem to be overpriced for what they offer.

Searching through the forum, I came across this post quoted below, and the photos of the homestays here appear very attractive. However, there is no mention of how to contact the owners of these properties, nor their locations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC POWER View Post
At least in HP & UK I prefer homestays over the hotels/resort. I understand it comes with its own limitations but I personally feel it's worth it

Here are the 2 beautiful homestays we stayed in this year.

Unique Homestays in the Himalayas | Your suggestions please-fagu.jpg

Name:  Homestays.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  149.3 KB

Thanks
VTEC POWER
I would be grateful if you could list out some such hidden homestays in the mountains that you have personally experienced, with the following details:
  • Expected tariffs per day / week
  • Amenities: number of rooms with en suite washrooms, car parking available or not, food arrangement, whether kitchen available for guests' use, etc.
  • Photos of property and surroundings
SS-Traveller is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 22:44   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Unique Homestays in the Himalayas | Your suggestions please

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Searching through the forum, I came across this post quoted below, and the photos of the homestays here appear very attractive. However, there is no mention of how to contact the owners of these properties, nor their locations.
Wonderful thread idea Doc, the second one in your list seems to be Trishla Guest House in Nagini (Tirthan).
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks