Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2011, 11:24   #16
BHPian

Re: Route to Hosur! Urgent..

Hi friends sorry to open a 4 years old thread.

I have been tracing down a route to reach Hosur from Hebbal. I am able to figure out the route by seeing the google map, but still i am not able to sort it out perfectly. Till today i am travelling through the city. That is reaching to diary circle - madivala then by using the flyover of hosur road, i am reaching hosur.

Please can anyone suggest an alternative route as well as the distance be compared between different routes.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th June 2011, 11:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi friends sorry to open a 4 years old thread.

I have been tracing down a route to reach Hosur from Hebbal. I am able to figure out the route by seeing the google map, but still i am not able to sort it out perfectly. Till today i am travelling through the city. That is reaching to diary circle - madivala then by using the flyover of hosur road, i am reaching hosur.

Please can anyone suggest an alternative route as well as the distance be compared between different routes.

Thanks in advance.
You can use the ring road via Nagavara, Kalyan Nagar, K.R.Puram, Marathalli, Sarjapura Road and you will reach the Hosur Main Road.
Old 25th June 2011, 14:30   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Can you post the two links?

The following are the route:

1. Hebbal-ORR-Silk Board - BETL - NH7 Hosur
2. Hebbal KR Puram-ITPL-Hope Farm - Varthur Road - Dommasandra-Sarjapur-Attibele-NH7- Hosur

3. Hebbal-KR Puram- Hope Farm - Hosekote-Y junction (NH207) - Chikka Tirupati-Sarjapur- Baglur- Hosur
Old 25th June 2011, 17:46   #19
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
2. Hebbal KR Puram-ITPL-Hope Farm - Varthur Road - Dommasandra-Sarjapur-Attibele-NH7- Hosur

3. Hebbal-KR Puram- Hope Farm - Hosekote-Y junction (NH207) - Chikka Tirupati-Sarjapur- Baglur- Hosur
For these routes, don't you have to take ORR from Hebbal to KR Puram ? (Hennur-Banaswadi-Old Mds Rd-KR Puram) ?

Also, once you get to KR Puram, instead of going towards ITPL/Hope farm as in amp's routes 2 and 3, you can also do the following:

a)Hebbal-KR Puram-ORR towards Marathalli-Left onto old Airport Road-Varthur Road-Dommasandra-Sarjapur-Attibele-NH7- Hosur

b)Hebbal-KR Puram-ORR towards Marathalli-Sarjapur Road-Agara Lake-Hosur Road at Silk Board junction onto NH7- Hosur

*There is flyover construction activity in progress both on the Hebbal-KR Puram stretch of ORR as well as Marathalli-Sarjapur Road stretch.

EDIT:Route b) here is almost same as amp's Route 1 (you have the choice of taking BETL, the elevated tollway from silk board upto electronics city)

Last edited by NPV : 25th June 2011 at 17:58.
Old 25th June 2011, 17:55   #20
Team-BHP Support

@NPV Yes its the ORR. As you said, one can also drive till Marathahalli and take old airport road to Varthur and then take SH35 (Varthur road) to Dommasandra and beyond.
Old 26th June 2011, 09:09   #21
BHPian

1. Hebbal-ORR-Silk Board - BETL - NH7 Hosur-- This will attract the toll charges of Rs.35/-. It is not worth paying Rs.35/- because the flyover strech is just max 10 kms, plus before entering into TN Border again you will have to pay 20 Rs.

2. Hebbal KR Puram-ITPL-Hope Farm - Varthur Road - Dommasandra-Sarjapur-Attibele-NH7- Hosur - I think this is good . Can anyone say how many kms do this amount to?

3. Hebbal-KR Puram- Hope Farm - Hosekote-Y junction (NH207) - Chikka Tirupati-Sarjapur- Baglur- Hosur. Does it amount to travel too much to reach Hosur. Surely i fell this costs more kms.

Experts your opinion please.

Please suggest the best route among the above three.

Thanks in advance.
Old 26th June 2011, 10:23   #22
Team-BHP Support

If you start early morning nothing like going through the city. In the traffic, Second route would add about 10Km extra. (50 versus 60).
Old 27th June 2011, 09:15   #23
BHPian

Ampere:- Yes early in the morning is not going to create any problem. The issue is travelling in peak hours.

Which is the route which will increase the travel distance, you meant the chikka tirupathi-bagalur-hosur route right?
Old 27th June 2011, 14:34   #24

Have you considered Hebbal Flyover - ORR - NH4 - NICE Road - NH7?

NICE Road is toll road (quite expensive too, when compared to NHAI standards), but quickest way to get you from NH4 to Electronics City, from where Hosur can be reached in 30 to 40 mins.

Only drawback of this stretch is the ORR near Yeshwantpur, where some portions are still 2 Lane with 2 railway crossings. If you reach that place during train timings, you'll surely be struck there for 30 to 45 mins. Apart from that, all the way from Hebbal Flyover to Electronics City is smooth stretch.
Old 27th June 2011, 14:56   #25
BHPian

a)Hebbal-KR Puram-ORR towards Marathalli-Left onto old Airport Road-Varthur Road-Dommasandra-Sarjapur-Attibele-NH7- Hosur

is the best option if you are taking Marathhalli ORR. No hassles absolutely as you will be far away from the frustrating traffic and bumber-bumper jams enroute Silkboard - electronics city.
Old 27th June 2011, 18:55   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Which is the route which will increase the travel distance, you meant the chikka tirupathi-bagalur-hosur route right?
Yes this is the one with increased distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Both the options (KR Puram-Hopefarm-Varthur & KR Puram-Marathahalli-Varthur) are good. But both also pass through dense traffic reasons depending on the timings.

Whitefield hotspots are know, while on the Marathahalli route Kundanahalli gate can be a big traffic jam spot. Need to be aware of these and plan according to the timing of the day.
Old 10th January 2012, 18:32   #27

Shortest route from Sarjapur to Krishnagiri, and beyond

Hello All,

No one seems to have tried this road. I live near Whitefield, so shortest route to Tamil Nadu is not through Electronic City.

I have tried the following -

1) Varthur - Dommasandra - Chandapura - Attibele - Hosur - Krishnagiri
2) Varthur - Dommasandra - Sarjapur - Attibele - Hosur - Krishnagiri
3) Varthur - Dommasandra - Sarjapur - Bagalur - Hosur - Krishnagiri

The 4th seems interesting, atleast to avoid the now crowded Hosur - Krishnagiri stretch.

4) Varthur - Dommasandra - Sarjapur - Bagalur - Berikai - Shoolagiri - Krishnagiri.

Question is, has anyone tried this road before? How is it?

Regards,
Vrreddy.

PS: One tidbit info -If you are taking Option #2 (SH 35) between Sarjapur and Attibele, you seem to hit a patch of Tamil Nadu, around the Indus Valley school junction on SH 35, for about 2 KMs or so.

This is so, on Yahoo maps and Google Earth, but strangely Google Maps shows Bagalur in Karnataka and SIDCO industrial estates in Hosur in Karnataka, so obviously Google Maps is wrong, where as Google Earth and rest of the maps seem to be right. Does anyone know more about this?
Old 10th January 2012, 22:27   #28
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)
Re: Shortest route from Sarjapur to Krishnagiri, and beyond

That area is a bit patchy - bits of it in Karnataka and other bits in TN
Clover Greens Golf course is inside Tamil Nadu I believe. Yet the Exide factory which borders it is in Karnataka.

Funny - so far no disputes for this land, between the 2 states. Long may this state of affairs continue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrreddy View Post
Hello All,
No one seems to have tried this road. I live near Whitefield, so shortest route to Tamil Nadu is not through Electronic City.

I have tried the following -

1) Varthur - Dommasandra - Chandapura - Attibele - Hosur - Krishnagiri
2) Varthur - Dommasandra - Sarjapur - Attibele - Hosur - Krishnagiri
3) Varthur - Dommasandra - Sarjapur - Bagalur - Hosur - Krishnagiri

The 4th seems interesting, atleast to avoid the now crowded Hosur - Krishnagiri stretch.

4) Varthur - Dommasandra - Sarjapur - Bagalur - Berikai - Shoolagiri - Krishnagiri.

Question is, has anyone tried this road before? How is it?

Regards,
Vrreddy.

PS: One tidbit info -If you are taking Option #2 (SH 35) between Sarjapur and Attibele, you seem to hit a patch of Tamil Nadu, around the Indus Valley school junction on SH 35, for about 2 KMs or so.

This is so, on Yahoo maps and Google Earth, but strangely Google Maps shows Bagalur in Karnataka and SIDCO industrial estates in Hosur in Karnataka, so obviously Google Maps is wrong, where as Google Earth and rest of the maps seem to be right. Does anyone know more about this?
Old 10th January 2012, 23:34   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
That area is a bit patchy - bits of it in Karnataka and other bits in TN
Clover Greens Golf course is inside Tamil Nadu I believe. Yet the Exide factory which borders it is in Karnataka.

Funny - so far no disputes for this land, between the 2 states. Long may this state of affairs continue!
Thanks Shankar.Balan. One more maps - Wikimapia differs from the other two sources as well. I am quite surprised at the inconsistency.
Old 11th January 2012, 09:54   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrreddy View Post

Once you hit Bagalur, and take left to Malur, you have a bridge. That bridge was closed for some time.
Not sure if its open again.

Most Viewed