Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2022, 14:16   #1
BHPian

Lucknow to Hyderabad (via Nagpur) route queries

Hello dear team,

I am planning to travel from Lucknow to Hyderabad coming Friday. After going through Delhi - Hyderbad and Nagpur-Hyderabad threads, I have narrowed down on Lucknow-Nagpur-Hyderabad route. I have hired a driver too for the journey and it will be two of us making the journey. Both of us will be taking turns to drive so as to minimize driver fatigue

The route in google shows it goes through Pench national park and Ramtek. I have decided to break the journey in 2 days and will be staying overnight in Nagpur (preferably a safe decent accommodation on the route itself, without going inside Nagpur).

I request suggestions on safe and decent accommodation to stay overnight

Total Distance: & expected journey days: 1273 km & 2 days
Car: Thar diesel auto
Travelers: 2 (Myself and a driver)
Route: Lucknow - Hyderabad via Nagpur
Journey: 2 days, 1 night overstay in and around Nagpur
Extra info: The route shows that the highway passes through Pench National Park and Seoni.
Route link: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Luck...d17.385044!3e0

Last edited by AMG1 : 19th July 2022 at 14:19.
Old 19th July 2022, 17:31   #2
BHPian

re: Lucknow to Hyderabad (via Nagpur) route queries

The road is fine except for a small patch in between. You migt like to view this youTube link. The couple did this trip (Rae Bareli to Bangalore) in May this year and has posted a detailed road trip
pd1108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 16:39   #3
BHPian

Re: Lucknow to Hyderabad (via Nagpur) route queries

I completed the said journey: Lucknow to Hyderabad. Sharing my review of the route

Total Distance: 1300 Km
Total driving hours I logged: 12hours 30min (Day 1) + 8hours 30min (Day 2)= 21 hours
Route: Lucknow- Pench National Park- Hyderabad (Narsingi area)

I divided the journey into 2 days and stopped at a hotel on the main highway at Pench National Park as it falls on the highway to Hyderabad. I avoided night driving completely. I started at 5.45am on both days so as to reach my destinations before sunset.

Route in details and condition:

Day 1 (Lucknow-Pench National Reserve)- 12.30 hours drive
- Started from Lucknow at 5.45am sharp
- Road from Lucknow to Kanjar in Bundelkhand area of UP, UP-MP border town is a dual carraigeway type state highway and is in not very good condition. Road completely passes through narrow villages with constant danger of livestock and human crossings
- This stretch should be totally done in the mornings as night driving through here can be unsafe and demanding
- Road post Kanjar, as we enter MP after crossing the famed Kanjar Kila, gets better and we encounter beautifully paved and well-maintained national highways. Route is extremely scenic
- From MP till Maharashtra to further Hyderabad we need to stay on NH44 itself and the condition is great. It can be done during the night too
- Stopped at a resort alongside the Pench National Reserve itself so as to avoid any route diversions and traffic. Spent the night here

The resort booked was simple. They provided the room with basic amenities along with a simple breakfast. They were kind enough to make arrangements for my driver. I can use it for layovers in the future as it is just on the highway itself. Costed me 2000 rs for the stay. The staff was especially cooperative.

Day 2 (Pench National Reserve- Hyderabad)- 8.30 hours drive
- Started at 5.45 am sharp
- Road is a National Highway till Hyderabad. It is smooth and well maintained
- I needed to reach Narsingi area in Hyderabad so took ORR

Sidenote: It was raining throughout my journey right from UP-MP-Maharashtra and Telangana. The scenery from MP was full of lush green patches and it was very enjoyable. I was in a Thar auto and it was completely driven by my driver with speeds never exceeding 120 kmph and generally being 70-110 kmph. UP section was done completely at 60-80 kmph

Last edited by AMG1 : 25th July 2022 at 16:43.
AMG1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 07:43   #4

I recently did Hyderabad-Lucknow-Hyderabad in my Tata Punch. Since I did both the legs of the drive on different routes, here ar my thoughts about each.

As per google maps, you'll see three routes:
  1. Hyderabad -> Medchal -> Kamareddy -> Adilabad -> Hingaghat -> Nagpur -> Seoni -> Jabalpur -> Katni -> Maihar -> Nagod -> Attara -> Fatehpur -> Lalganj -> Bachhrawan -> Mohanlanganj -> Lucknow this is the shortest one. I avoided this one as it had single lane roads from Nagod as per Google Maps.
  2. Hyderabad -> Medchal -> Kamareddy -> Adilabad -> Hingaghat -> Nagpur -> Seoni -> Jabalpur -> Katni -> Amarpatan -> Rewa -> Mangawan -> Chakghat -> Prayagraj -> Rae Bareli -> Lucknow I chose this one while driving from Hyderabad to Lucknow as it was all 4-lane road throughout till Allahabad. Post that it was a single lane road till Lucknow.
  3. Hyderabad -> Medchal -> Kamareddy -> Adilabad -> Hingaghat -> Nagpur -> Seoni -> Bamhodi -> Narsinghpur -> Deori -> Sagar -> Lalitput -> Babina -> Jhansi -> Orai -> Kanpur -> LucknowI chose this route for my return trip from Lucknow to Hyderabad since this is 4-lane throughout, NH-27 from Lucknow to Jhansi and NH-44 from Jhansi to Hyderabad. This is the longest route, my MID showed 1512 kms from door to door.

Talking about the route, I'd prefer the 3rd one any day. The roads are sublime for 90% of the route except the bad patch between Nagpur and Adilabad. There are huge potholes and patchy roads which doesn't allow you to speed up.

Another thing is the cow menace across MP, UP so you need to be cautious while driving, especially in the evenings/night. What you might think as a ghani bag, it's actually a cow in the middle of the road.

The Pench Tiger Reserve route is scenic and superb. Stopped there for mesmerizing sunset views. The road is good after Nagpur till Jabalpur/Jhansi depending on the route you choose.

Hyderabad to Lucknow via Jabalpur, Allahabad
Left Hyderabad at 5:30AM and took a halt at Jabalpur, Hotel Sukoon Resort.Drove via Adilabad, Nagpur Bypass, Pench, Seoni to Jabalpur. The goal was to drive as much on day 1. It's a decent place for a night halt with good food and rooms on a budget. Paid ₹1800 for an AC double room with extra bed. Left at 6 am next day and drove to Rewa, Katni onwards to Allahabad. There's a small single lane patch on Rewa bypass for quite a distance. Referee just upon entering UP (cheapest petrol here ₹97). Cross Allahabad city (wrong thing) and took Allahabad Lucknow road via Rae Bareilly. Single lane road, traffic plus cows. Reached home at 7:30 PM.
Total Distance: 1418 kms, Average: 21.3, Toll: ₹2250

Lucknow to Hyderabad via Jhansi
Left Lucknow at 5:30 am and drove via Kanpur and Orai to Jhansi. The roads are simply superb, mostly concrete. It's NH27 throughout but you'll do find cows at times. There are some monuments on the highway that you can stop and click photos. I took a quick detour to Orcha (16kms from Jhansi) and spent time at the Palace. Resumed the journey from Orcha towards Sagar, Narsinghpur and Seoni. This stretch of NH-44 is superb again, but lots of cows. Took a night halt at Seoni, Sai Resort (3kms from NH-44). Drove 823 kms.

Started at 6 next morning, and it was the familiar route again. Pench, Nagpur bypass, adilabad, and eventually Hyderabad. Drove about 670 kms and reached home at 7:30 PM.
Total Distance: 1512, Average: 22.8, Toll: ₹2450

I've written extremely detailed blog post about my experience that you can read below:

Hyderabad to Lucknow: https://socialmaharaj.com/2022/10/05...-by-car-guide/

Lucknow to Hyderabad: https://socialmaharaj.com/2022/10/15...-roadtrip-car/
techmaharaj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 18:20   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techmaharaj View Post
Thank you for this informative post.

A question: In your blog, you mention ghat roads around Jabalpur. Can you please elaborate? Are they very narrow / steep? Are there sharp curves and bends?
Old 16th October 2022, 18:42   #6

I hit the ghat section around 7PM and it was dark, so what I can say is that the roads aren't steep and it's four lane across the entire stretch. There are random small rough patches. A couple of bends are there, not too sharp and a couple of moderate hair pin bends.
techmaharaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 17:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Basu View Post
Thank you for this informative post.

A question: In your blog, you mention ghat roads around Jabalpur. Can you please elaborate? Are they very narrow / steep? Are there sharp curves and bends?
Jabalpur Nagpur is completely 4 laned .
Ghat section is between Kurai and Seoni .No issues at all .All the curves are well marked with speed breakers
gajadonga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 11:15   #8
BHPian

@techmaharaj @AMG1
I too wish to drive from Lucknow to Bangalore and back once just to enjoy the open roads, the music and the drive(cows are also welcome :P). Excellent post and glad to know a fellow BHPian who hails from Indira Nagar, Lucknow. I too live in that area. All the best for more such long and awesome trips.

Last edited by pritanshchandra : 4th February 2023 at 11:18.
pritanshchandra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks