Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2023, 11:11   #1
BHPian

Andhra Pradesh yellow board taxi permit & entry charges | What is the current status?

From what I understand, a couple of years ago, Andhra Pradesh was issuing only annual permits for yellow board taxis entering the state.

Even if you wanted to do a two / three day trip into Andhra Pradesh by cab, you would have to pay INR 3000 as permit fees.

I have been googling around to check what is the current situation; and I am finding a lot of conflicting / confusing / outdated / speculative information.

[1] Many websites still mention INR 3000
[2] Some websites mention INR 1000
[3] Savaari taxi booking website says INR 500-600
[4] The AP RTO website is not updated
[5] Other websites just say "to be paid at actuals"

Can anyone who has travelled to AP from Karnataka by yellow board cab in 2023 clarify on what is the current status of the entry permit charges?

* Dear Mods, This query should ideally be under "Route / Travel Queries" sub forum under travelogues. I posted this in the main travelogues forum. Can you please mode this to the subforum please.

Last edited by hotstuff : 3rd March 2023 at 11:33. Reason: Request to mods
Old 3rd March 2023, 11:46   #2
BHPian

Re: Andhra Pradesh yellow board taxi permit / entry charges in 2023 - What is the current fee / stat

We travelled in Dec from Bangalore to Tirupati in tempo traveller. The cab driver took Rs.3800 from us for the permit and as per him, it's valid only for 1 week. I have not actually checked the document though. The permit for a smaller car should be lesser.
Everlearner is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks