Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2023, 11:32   #1
BHPian

7000 km road trip | Bangalore - Jamshedpur - Kasol | Advice needed

Hello TeamBHP members,

I am planning a 7000 km road trip across India in my new Seltos HTX IVT, and I would like to seek your advice on various aspects of the trip. I have already created a route plan and checklist of items to carry, but I need help with the following:

Route Planning

• The trip will be in 3 legs
    • Bangalore > Vijaywada > Bhubhaneshwar > Jamshedpur. I will be staying in Jamshedpur for about a month.
    • continue via Jamshedpur > Patna > Delhi > Kasol.
    • The return trip would be Kasol > Delhi > Nagpur > Bangalore.

Does this route make sense, or should I consider any alternative routes? The detailed plan is mentioned in the excel screenshot below

7000 km road trip | Bangalore - Jamshedpur - Kasol | Advice needed-plan.png

Checklist

Here is a checklist that I've prepared according to my understanding, but may be missing some obvious things. It would be great if the members here can take a look and point out what I am missing.

7000 km road trip | Bangalore - Jamshedpur - Kasol | Advice needed-checklists.png

Additionally, I would appreciate any other advice or recommendations that I may have missed out on, and any other aspects that I should be asking about to make this trip a success.

Queries

• Accommodation: Can you recommend any good hotels to stay overnight at each stop listed in my plan? I am looking for affordable and safe options. We are three males, but still worried about safety in the northern part of India.
  • Restaurants: I would also appreciate any recommendations for good restaurants along the route.
  • Fuel Stations: I am planning to fuel up at company-owned and company-operated petrol pumps. Any suggestions for COCO pumps along the route?
  • Road Conditions: What are the current road conditions on this route, and are there any sections to avoid due to poor road conditions or ongoing construction work?
  • Safety: Since I will be driving in North India, which can be risky at night, are there any specific safety concerns I should be aware of?
  • Car Maintenance: Are there any specific maintenance tips or precautions I should take with the Seltos, apart from servicing, to ensure that it performs optimally during the long journey?
iceman. is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks