Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2023, 11:43   #1

Patna to Mumbai road-trip on a motorcycle

Hello Everyone,

I am planning a road trip from Patna to Bangalore,with a two day stop over in Mumbai to meet few old college friends.

The plan itinerary is as below

Day-1: start around mid-day and aim to reach Varanasi by end of day.
Day-2: Start early morning and end day in Nagpur
Day-3: Start early morning and end day in Mumbai.

This will be a solo ride and want to get feedback from the fellow riders on the itinerary and possible changes in the routes.

Q: Also, can some one help if two wheelers are allowed on Maharastra Samruddhi Express way?

Thank you
Old 22nd March 2023, 13:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Patna to Mumbai road-trip on a motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bihari_on_bike View Post
This will be a solo ride and want to get feedback from the fellow riders on the itinerary and possible changes in the routes
For a ~1800 Km road trip, it's possible to do 600 Km X 3 days or 400 Km X 4 days or some daredevils do 900 Km X 2 days as well, depends on the situation, stamina, experience & grit of both the rider as well as the reliability & engineering of the motorcycle. That being said, RE 350 can comfortable & reliably do 60-70 Kmph all day long (exterting is recommended only if you're very knowledgeable about the motorcycle).

Breaking down the math further: Suppose if you could ride 15 hours all day long with an average speed of 56-60 Kmph with minimal breaks, then it's possible to do about 850 Km a day & in 2 days you're in Bombay.

From your itinerary, doing 250-300 on day 1 followed by 2 X 700 Km is something not recommended unless there's a compelling reason, atleast I wouldn't for a simple reason that the energy is high on D1 than Day N. So I would push as much as I can on D1 to take it slow (if possible) for the rest of the days.

If I were you, I would start 1:00 Am from Patna, ride for 16-17 hours on D1 to reach Nagpur by 4:00/5:00 Pm & call it a day & D2 - Nagpur to Aurangabad & D3 - Aurangabad to Bombay, if it needs to be done in 3 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bihari_on_bike View Post
if two wheelers are allowed on Maharastra Samruddhi Express way?
Yes for now

Note - My reply above is assuming that you've done few single day rides for 500-600 Km or multiday trips solo/with friends for 1000-1500 Km

Last edited by aargee : 22nd March 2023 at 14:00.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 14:38   #3

Thanks @aargee for the detail breakdown and recommendation.

I can't leave early morning from Patna due to family obligation and hence keeping light on Day-1.

I will have to stretch on Day-2 and I will definitely take your suggestions in plan.

On the Mahrastra Smruddhi Highway I saw a video in youtube where the user was fined..

Youtube:

Hence needed to confirm on the route to plan better.

Thanks!
Old 22nd March 2023, 16:42   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bihari_on_bike;5516838

On the Mahrastra Smruddhi Highway I saw a video in Youtube where the user was fined..

Youtube: [url
https://Youtube.com/watch?v=p3IWpkRqUjE&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE[/url]

Hence needed to confirm on the route to plan better.

Thanks!
Bikes are definitely not allowed. You will be levied a hefty fine if you are caught. The old road is nowhere near as good as the expressway but if you are on bike you will have to take the old highway.
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 20:10   #5
BHPian

I only have 1 advice, when going for Varanasi take the route through Buxar and not through Mohania. The route is 4 laned 70% of the way and it will hardly take you 5 hours.
Ranabegins is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks