Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2023, 10:12   #1
BHPian

Best route for Jabalpur (MP) to Pune (MH)

Hello everyone,
My family is planning a roadtrip from jabalpur to pune next week. This would be the first time going to maharashtra by road.

According to google maps, there's one road till jalna then go via Shirdi (1000km) or via Ahmednagar (954km) after that.

Which route would be the fastest with the best roads? Do suggest an alternate route (if better) as we are only going by google maps due to lack of road knowledge.

Also we were planning to stop halfway through, but there are no cities that we know of around the halfway mark. Please do suggest where the best place to stop would be.

Thank you all,
LBWKjesko
Old 26th April 2023, 13:53   #2
BHPian

re: Best route for Jabalpur (MP) to Pune (MH)

If you make an early start say 4-5 am, Jabalpur to Pune is easily doable in a day 1035 kms.I did it in December the other way from Pune to Jabalpur.
Standard Jabalpur Nagpur NH44. Take ring road exit fro Nagpur and straightaway join the Samruddhi Mahamarg till Aurangabad or Shridi and then to Pune
Jabalpur-Nagpur - NH44 Excellent
Check the thread on Samruddhi Highway. No worries there.
I prefer Aurangabad - Pune over Shirdi- Pune but both require similar times and you will encounter traffic.

Last edited by heman_369 : 26th April 2023 at 14:23.
Old 26th April 2023, 14:04   #3
BHPian

Already travelled on the route suggested by heman_369.
It is recommended that the same may be followed as any other alternative is more tiring and time consuming.
You may also read the thread on Samuddhi Expressway on this forum, which would give an adequate insight while driving.
Have a safe trip.
Old 26th April 2023, 19:05   #4
BHPian

Heman_369 is correct.

If you are OK with night driving, then I would suggest arriving in Pune around 4am, whatever route you choose.

If coming Aurangabad, you will hit insane and heavy traffic around Shikrapur/Lonikand.

Same story if coming from Shirdi, this time at Chakan.

Both these sections will be easier if traversed between 2am and 4am.
Old 26th April 2023, 22:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

If you are going next week. Please watch the news for the Samruddhi Mahamarg extension on May 1st. If that is done, you can drive all the way till Sinnar and take the NH60 to Pune. The construction is complete, its just waiting for formal inauguration on Maharashtra day.
Old 27th April 2023, 15:28   #6
BHPian

Re: Best route for Jabalpur (MP) to Pune (MH)

Shirdi - Rahuri - Ahmednagar route was in very very bad condition long back, I do not know whether its improved now. Also Ahmednagar by-pass was in bad condition to an extent that we had to use the city roads to avoid by-pass torture.

Please check the above road conditions before coming via Shirdi - Rahuri - Nagar road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks