Team-BHP - Mumbai-Jog falls-Mangalore-Mumbai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Mumbai-Jog falls-Mangalore-Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/27235-mumbai-jog-falls-mangalore-mumbai-3.html)

My relatives have visited Jog Falls couple of days back. Water has come down now from nayagara looking scene 5 days back. It stoped raining now so less water is released from Damm.

But still falls is in full glory, palce is flooded with people very very rush indeed.

Regards,

Ravi.

Great have fun Ravi! this tme western ghats, coastal karnataka would be at its best. WOuld be visiting my native(Mangalore) in couple of weeks time but mostly not in my car:(

do post up the road conditons ravi thanks!

Yae definately now jog would be flooded with people too:)

*** bump ***

Check this out YouTube - Jog in its absolute glory .

My colleague sent it to me and I uploaded it on youtube.

Hi guys,
Am back from my trip. The route was
Mumbai-Hubli (NH4 - superb road - part of GQ) - 589kms
Hubli-Sirsi (via Hangal as Mundgod -Sirsi road was closed) single lane.- 124kms
Sirsi-Jog (lovely forest 2laned road) - 60kms (saw Jog falls)
Jog-Honnavar (good road thru the dense forest) - 61kms
Honnavar-Mangalore (NH17-nightmare) - 178kms - this road is the pits - literally and figuratively! Avoid it as far as possible-possibly the reason why Samurai does'nt venture out nowadays!
Mangalore-Vitla - tolerable after the nightmare - 45kms
Vitla-Moodbidri- 2 laned decent road - 46kms (Thousand Pillars Temple)
Moodbidri-Karkala - again a very decent road - 22kms (Gomateshwara)
Karkala-Shivamoga - (via Agumbe) decent roads except for the bumpy hairpin bends on the climb to Agumbe -140kms
Shivamoga-Harihar-Hubli - back to good roads - 211kms
Hubli-Belgaum-Mumbai - excellent NH4 again! - 589kms
Total - 2065kms!
Thank you all for chipping in with your valuable inputs that helped me make this journey memorable!
A superb journey in my Indica DLS V2TC
Will post my travelog and pics shortly

Thats a real long trip of Western Ghats in Karnataka, Eagerly waiting for your pics and travelogue

Abhi

Great! nice to know that you had a nice trip, please post up pics soon:)

as expected NH 17 is in a bad shape.

Last week had been to Bisle and Manjarbad fort, which is very close to sakleshpur. was a great trip but dint get to see much of rain:(

Will post up pics soon

hi

im visiting jog falls on 26 aug can anybody tell me the latest about the water situation at jogfalls?

would also like to have some information regarding parking arrangements at jogfalls how much crowd to xpect and the drive thro sharavathy valley to murudeshwar where i plan to take halt.

any good places to eat at jogfalls or on the way to murudeshwar would be welcome

regards

pravdr

Hello everybody, i am driving down from mumbai to mangalore on 19th of may in my innova. kindly let me know the best routes and present road conditions.
My route plan mumbai panvel pune kolhapur belgaum dharwad by pass yellapur kumta honnavar kundapur udupi mangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by docaxe (Post 1889129)
Hello everybody, i am driving down from mumbai to mangalore on 19th of may in my innova. kindly let me know the best routes and present road conditions.
My route plan mumbai panvel pune kolhapur belgaum dharwad by pass yellapur kumta honnavar kundapur udupi mangalore.

seems to be the best route.

one more alternative route is travel upto harihar then take right towards shimoga agumbe mangalore