Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2023, 00:00   #1

Pati - Patni - Aur Woh | Please suggest the best route with wife as the pillion rider

Hey everyone,

I initially planned on doing a solo ride on my Royal Enfield Himalayan from 16th of December 2023 on the following stretch:

16th December – Delhi to Bikaner (450 kms)
17th December – Bikaner to Sam Sand Dunes (315 kms)
18th December – Sam Dunes - Tanot - Longewala - Barna Desert Camp (304 kms)
19th December – Want to rest or proceed to Sanchore (300 kmsP)
20th December – Sanchore to Dholavira (250 kms)
21st December – Explore Rann - Kalo Dungar - Reach Bhuj (165 kms)
22nd December – Here, if I can get my bike shipped to Delhi OR travel to Ahmedabad and ship. Catch a flight to Delhi. OR Bhuj - Udaipur - Delhi on bike.

My travel dates (both inclusive) are 16th to 24th December.

This is really tentative and even though I travelled with my wife for over 500 kms on a single day, she never travelled with me this long. We only did 2x500 kms rides in single day and 1x3 days trip to Shimla.

I have noticed that she gets exhausted being a pillion. As much as I want to cover both Rajasthan and Gujarat, at the same time I want to make sure she equally enjoys the ride without much stress on her body.

The other option is for me to drop either Jaisalmer or Kutch. So, during the 9 days I can either cover Ajmer/Bikaner - Pokhran - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Udaipur
OR
Head directly towards Udaipur - Dholavira and do the Rann and come back.

My only motto is that me (late 40s) and my wife (early 40s) need to enjoy every bit of the 8-9 day trip without putting high stress on our bodies due to non-stop riding.

Please shed some light and suggest a better course of action. And whether both States are possible or I need to drop one.

Regards.
clutchdestroyer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks