Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2024, 11:47   #1

Vadodara to Dehradun: Route Suggestions

Hello Everyone,

We ( Me and my wife ) are planning to travel to Dehradun after January. It will be strictly a work trip, so we are not planning on any sightseeing. Searching Google Maps gave us two route options:

1. Vadodara - Dahod - Ratlam - Kota - Deoli - Noida - Meerut - Saharanpur - Dehradun
2. Vadodra - Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Ajmer - Jaipur - Rohtak - Kaithal - Saharanpur - Dehradun

We are planning to complete the trip in 3 days with two overnight stays because of my medical condition, as I'm the only driver. We plan on starting early by 5:30am or 6:00am everyday.
Could you all kindly suggest the best route to take among these and other inputs too, if any.
vishu2xll is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 16:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vadodara to Dehradun: Route Suggestions

Route 2 is just too much traffic.

Godhra-Dahod-Dhar-Ghatibillod NH47 is good all through. Even Machaliya ghat was good when we drove June 2023.

You basically have 2 choices of either taking Delhi-Bombay expressway either via Jhabua-Thandla or Ghatibillod-Lebad-Ratlam.

NE4 will get you to Bhanapura on the other end. Head towards Jhalawar (not Udpura as GMaps suggests). Jhalawar-Kota-Jaipur is good all through.

If you want to take the Laslot-Delhi section of NE4. Go via Jaipur bypass and NH21 from there towards Dausa. Don't take the NH23 shortcut Google maps suggests.

Am not aware of conditions beyond Delhi.

With early morning starts, fog is a problem. When we drove Jaipur-Kota, there was lingering light fog till 1 pm. We started at 930am from Jaipur, so it did not affect any visibility. We did experience fog in pockets when we driving Biaora-Bhopal in the early morning hours.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 17:26   #3
Team-BHP Support

I am unaware of the conditions of NE4 beyond Lalsot towards Vadodara, but considering you are travelling as a family and want to break the journey, I will stick with route 2. With some changes, from Jaipur you can come on the NE4 via the bypass On the NE4, you can take the exit on WPE and go towards Palwal and beyond towards Merut and beyond to Dehradun.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Dehr...!3e0?entry=ttu
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 18:56   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Route 2 is just too much traffic.

Godhra-Dahod-Dhar-Ghatibillod NH47 is good all through. Even Machaliya ghat was good when we drove June 2023.

You basically have 2 choices of either taking Delhi-Bombay expressway either via Jhabua-Thandla or Ghatibillod-Lebad-Ratlam. etc
Thank you This was very helpful as we were not sure where to enter Delhi - Mumbai Expressway in between. It was one of the reasons, we were oscillating more towards Route 1, as it was a tried and tested route. Other being lack of good restaurants in between as I could gather from some youtube videos.
Would you have any idea about good hotels on the way for overnight stay ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I am unaware of the conditions of NE4 beyond Lalsot towards Vadodara, but considering you are travelling as a family and want to break the journey, I will stick with route 2. With some changes, from Jaipur you can come on the NE4 via the bypass On the NE4, you can take the exit on WPE and go towards Palwal and beyond towards Merut and beyond to Dehradun.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Dehr...!3e0?entry=ttu
Thank you sir When we are going through the pictures of through route in Gmaps, in many places Google maps shows taking shortcuts through ongoing construction sites of Delhi - Mumbai Expressway it seems. I thought it would be a hassle if I missed a turn somehow and it's not like you can trust Google maps either.
Old 2nd January 2024, 20:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishu2xll View Post
Would you have any idea about good hotels on the way for overnight stay ?
You can try Clarks Premier Kunadhi at Kota for day 1 stay. I think you'll (almost) reach your destination on day 2.

I booked and almost stayed here this holiday season, but had replan last minute.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 08:51   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishu2xll View Post
Hello Everyone,

We ( Me and my wife ) are planning to travel to Dehradun after January. It will be strictly a work trip, so we are not planning on any sightseeing. Searching Google Maps gave us two route options:

1. Vadodara - Dahod - Ratlam - Kota - Deoli - Noida - Meerut - Saharanpur - Dehradun
2. Vadodra - Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Ajmer - Jaipur - Rohtak - Kaithal - Saharanpur - Dehradun

We are planning to complete the trip in 3 days with two overnight stays because of my medical condition, as I'm the only driver. We plan on starting early by 5:30am or 6:00am everyday.
Could you all kindly suggest the best route to take among these and other inputs too, if any.
Hi! I did this route recently during Christmas but from Dehradun to Vadodara. My route was Meerut, KMP, NE-4 (Lalsot Exit) and took night break at Bundi. Total drive time was 8.5 hrs.

From Bundi, continued on NH-52 till Jhalarpatan and then took right to connect to NE-4 (MP section) exited at Thandla and then took Indore-Amd highway for Vadodara (near Jhabua). Total drive time including breaks was 9 hrs approx.

Hope this helps!
Rahkehs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 09:25   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahkehs View Post
Hi! I did this route recently during Christmas but from Dehradun to Vadodara. My route was Meerut, KMP, NE-4 (Lalsot Exit) and took night break at Bundi. Total drive time was 8.5 hrs.

From Bundi, continued on NH-52 till Jhalarpatan and then took right to connect to NE-4 (MP section) exited at Thandla and then took Indore-Amd highway for Vadodara (near Jhabua). Total drive time including breaks was 9 hrs approx.

Hope this helps!
Thank you. 🙏🏽 We’ve finalized the above route as you and others have suggested sir. We are just breaking up the journey to 3 day and 2 night stay travel because of my medical situation and as we have to reach by 12:00 noon approx.
I’ll update after the journey.
Old 21st January 2024, 12:36   #8

Well I completed my journey. Took the route from Vadodara - Dahod - Ratlam - Kota - Deoli - Noida - Meerut -Roorke - Dehradun.

Just a heads up the section of NH 147D before joining NE4 is seriously bad. Go slow and careful through this section.

You get two separate sections NE4 with almost 419 kms of uninterrupted tarmac that’s some part boring due to little to no traffic.

The roads from Kota onwards are superb. Clear lane markings and less traffic. We decided to stay in Faridabad so had to face some Delhi traffic. I think taking EPE towards Delhi- Meerut Expressway might be better to avoid Delhi congestion. Avoid Saharanpur route also since the road in single lane with average traffic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks