Team-BHP - A YetiGuideŽ to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   A YetiGuideŽ to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/27575-yetiguide-airlines-airports-domestic-air-travel-69.html)

Flying Indigo to Dehradun. I need to carry a portable gas stove, the lightweight ones used while trekking (without any fuel ofcourse). Is it allowed to carry it in checked-in baggage?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnyBoy (Post 4311574)
No limit. No need to worry if you have proper documentation - where the money came from, for what purpose you are carrying etc.

So you should carry all your payslips, income tax returns & bank statements of the past 5 years with you all the time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboy (Post 4360121)
So you should carry all your payslips, income tax returns & bank statements of the past 5 years with you all the time?

:-) None of this is required, for a domestic flight. There is no crime in transporting money. There could be specific checks if you were doing so to poll-bound states though.

With anywhere banking I don't actually see the need to take such a risk as transporting hard currency this way.

Please note that gate numbers in Bangalore Airport's domestic terminal have changed recently. The gates on the lower level (Ground floor) that are used to board buses to/from the plane now have a "G" prefix. Hence, "Gate 8" and "Gate G8" are not the same.

However, airline check-in counter staff do sometimes miss the "G" prefix on your boarding pass, so just be alert, saw a lot of passengers running around due to the confusion.

Has Anyone flown international connection from KL through Air Asia? Just curious if we need a visa for transit. (There was a requirement in Singapore for lowcost airlines like jetstar earlier) I checked on airasia website and they say I am all set, but I just want to be sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kvish (Post 4386818)
Has Anyone flown international connection from KL through Air Asia? Just curious if we need a visa for transit. (There was a requirement in Singapore for lowcost airlines like jetstar earlier) I checked on airasia website and they say I am all set, but I just want to be sure.

https://www.airasia.com/in/en/our-co...g-flights.page

It lands in KLIA 2 not in a separate low cost terminal so you won't require a transit visa unless your stay is longer than 18 hours in Malaysia (and then you would require a visa even if you were flying eg Malaysian Airlines).

Just one suggestion, dudes! Check in online well in advance and choose the seats in the exit row with a reclinable backrest. Recently went for a drive and Blackwasp got us these seats on both flights!

A YetiGuideŽ to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel-20181007_145536.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4474283)
Just one suggestion, dudes! Check in online well in advance and choose the seats in the exit row with a reclinable backrest. Recently went for a drive and Blackwasp got us these seats on both flights!

Attachment 1805917

You mean exit row with non-reclinable backrest you mean? That's my preferred choice when traveling alone, especially on shorthaul flights (less than 5 hours) :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 4474293)
You mean exit row with non-reclinable backrest you mean?

Nope, ours was the exit row with a reclinable backrest too :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4474474)
Nope, ours was the exit row with a reclinable backrest too.

I keep track of those in a Google Keep note. In Indigo it is usually row 13 and they charge Rs. 600 for the privilege of selecting one of these. Seatguru.com can help in locating this row in other airlines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4474474)
Nope, ours was the exit row with a reclinable backrest too :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by binand (Post 4474516)
I keep track of those in a Google Keep note. In Indigo it is usually row 13 and they charge Rs. 600 for the privilege of selecting one of these. Seatguru.com can help in locating this row in other airlines.

Good to know, thank you! I will keep an eye for this option next time :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4474283)

Attachment 1805917

Row 24 on Jet Airways !!

PS: Row 23 is also emergency exit, but its non reclinable.

Is one hour between inbound and outbound flights sufficient for transit at Delhi airport's Terminal 1? The airline is IndiGo.

On return journey, I get 2 hours for transit which looks reasonable.

What costs will I incur if I reschedule?

The flight was booked in June, and as per my original booking, the transit was at Bangalore. I had selected a schedule with 3 hrs interval. Now the airline has rebooked me via HYD-DEL. At least a direct flight to DEL would have been better.

Travel is in late December as a group of 6. in January 18, the plane to terminal transfer took about 10 or 15 minutes. Hence the query.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR (Post 4500576)
Is one hour between inbound and outbound flights sufficient for transit at Delhi airport's Terminal 1? The airline is IndiGo.

Now the airline has rebooked me via HYD-DEL. At least a direct flight to DEL would have been better.

It appears you have only One PNR for your journey, so it will be Airlines responsibility for connection or in case of any issue, arrange an alternate. You don't need to do any change or booking. When the connecting time is less, say due to the delay in your flight, they can take you directly from Aircraft to the other without getting to Terminal/ Security.

Quote:

Don't know specifically about T1, but in T3 (which is where I usually fly to) I'll be very skeptical especially in a group. The one hour you mention means just 40 minutes given that you have to board the onward plane 20 minutes before scheduled time, isn't it? In these 40 minutes all of you have to walk till baggage claim area, claim baggage, cross to the other side, drop baggage again and clear security.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4500609)
so it will be Airlines responsibility for connection or in case of any issue, arrange an alternate.

The airline in question is Indigo, which doesn't do connections. See screenshot of their website, below.

A YetiGuideŽ to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel-untitled3.png

Quote:

Practically the entire cost. Rescheduling means cancelling your existing ticket and booking a new one. The cancellation charge would possibly be as much as the original fare (unless you have a refundable fare ticket).