Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2024, 12:31   #16
BHPian

Re: How I cracked the Schengen Visa Code for my solo Europe trip

Congratulations on getting the coveted Schengen visa.

I would like to add one caveat for others to consider that even if you provide all documents mentioned, hiring an agent to verify completeness of application and following the above process to the 'T', your application can still be rejected.

Case in point is my brother and his wife's application. They had booked the entire trip with actual details and not the dummy reservations with relevant bus, train and air tickets fully paid up and having all funding papers ready and yet both of their Visa got rejected.

Its either purely luck or that EU is turning into a bureaucratic nightmare (due to reasons that we see on SM). Though the grapes might be sour for us, but should plan to discover our own country more.
rahulk2510 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 19:44   #17
BHPian

Informative thread for those planning for a Euro trip. I was also thinking about a summer trip but thought the process was simple and straightforward from my experiences almost 18 years ago.

When I was a 3rd year student in Engineering I got a summer internship in Germany and visited the consulate in Kolkata for a visa. I was given a 3 months Schengen visa in about 2 hours time (they took my passport and stuck the visa sticker) and since I was a student it was free, I just had to show the flight tickets and letter of invitation from the University.

I remember all the staff in the consulate was very warm and friendly.
A special touch was when they gave me a thick book about places to visit in Germany when I was about to leave the consulate.
Foxbat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 22:46   #18
BHPian

I always apply for business visas at least twice a year from 2016, except the covid period. All my visas were approved with tight schedule and I have always travelled and never skipped a visa.

In 2023, I travelled separately to 3 different Schengen countries in a span of 6 months. I applied for another Schengen visa this January and to my surprise, I got a 2 year visa with 90 days duration of stay This will be more than enough for me as each of my travel itinerary will not cross a week.

During my application submission, I have seen many people carrying bundles of A4 sheets for proofs, but I never submitted more than 12 pages of details for my business visa

1. Air ticket and hotel booking
2. bank statements for 3 months attested by bank
3. Proof of business in India
4. Covering letter stating the purpose of the travel
5. Address proof and ID proof
6. ITR for 3 years
7. Entry ticket if I'm attending a fair or Invitation from my client
8. Travel Insurance

I always felt that business visas get approved with few checks, like how much tax I pay here, How sound my financial status is, etc. They just need to make sure that you will come back to India.

My Schengen business visa never got rejected. I have applied to German, French and Spanish consulates so far. Hope to travel to more Schengen countries in the coming years!
.HEM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 11:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Adding some helpful information as I did a Sweden trip in 2022 and a failed application to get Spanish Schengen this just last week
That's some really detailed information! Really appreciate

Quote:
So yes, for some, it might be an achievement, for others it can be a learning, for some others it might just be a usual thing. Let's not deny the emotions associated with traveling to another country for whatever reason.
You captured it absolutely right - Emotions! For me, it was definitely a moment of elation, given the ordeal one goes through, and doesn't even have a hint of outcome till the last moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
If you have elderly parents travelling with you, high chances of your visa getting rejected.
Useful tips, will keep this in mind. I was actually planning to take my parents on a trip, who would be going abroad for the first time! And I also agree on the last bit - we are tarnishing the name of our country. I personally met so many Indians (especially in Poland) who migrated illegally few years back and have a thriving business there now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijo_tj View Post
If you are someone who goes through a lot of blogs and posts regarding Schengen visa rejection and associated scary stories, getting a visa would in most cases feel like an achievement.
Agree with all you said! I hope you had a great trip. Do share a TL with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulk2510 View Post
Congratulations on getting the coveted Schengen visa.
Though the grapes might be sour for us, but should plan to discover our own country more.
Thank you! Yes, our country has a LOT to offer and I have been fortunate to explore a considerable part on wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Informative thread for those planning for a Euro trip.
Thank you. I am sure it would have been easier! The takers were surely fewer back in time. And now - 2022 data says, there are 6 lacs Indian applications for Schengen visa.
Old 14th March 2024, 16:25   #20
BHPian

Nice post. I've been at the receiving end of a visa rejection, quite literally, though it was not my own. I went to VFS global, to pick up my wife's passport which I hoped had her Schengen visa, allowing her to travel with me to Sweden, for a short trip as her own residence permit had not yet come through. As I flipped through the pages hoping to see the familiar sticker, I found nothing at all, and instead, a letter of rejection tumbled out!
The reason for the rejection? They'd asked her why she'd applied for 4 months leave though her trip was for 3 months only. She told the interviewer innocently, that I'd mentioned that we might even be able to extend her trip so she could spend more time with me. That was enough for them to reject the visa on the grounds that she might not return! We ultimately appealed and got it on the appeal. Invited my parents and then hers, and didn't encounter any issues with any of their applications.

Quote:
How did I miss this judgemental post?
Anyway, I've seen visa applications (applied with honest intentions) in my close circles getting rejected: My Spanish visa got application got rejected recently as in the kid's birth certificate, my name and my wife's name is written in devanagri script, an error that was not caught when applying B1/B2 US visa or even Swedish Schengen visa and U.K. Work visa that we currently have. Had to cancel my bookings and kill the excitement we had for one stupid but valid reason. So yes, for some, it might be an achievement, for others it can be a learning, for some others it might just be a usual thing. Let's not deny the emotions associated with traveling to another country for whatever reason.
Yup, when I first saw this post, I didn't see the post either, but only some references to it. Before I could even go and grab some popcorn, the kind admins had already cleaned up all traces to said post, so a bit disappointed actually
Fully agree with your point about how dicey these applications can be, and how it can indeed be termed as 'cracking it' for those who've successfully made it to the other side. Hardly something anybody needs to take offense to.
supermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 15:33   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetarin View Post
Thank you! I think it's about finding the right agent. I went through my employer agent as well, but he couldnt help either. So I figured I will do it on my own. And yes, I heard France processes the applications very quick!
To clarify, I did not use an agent finally. Did it on my own.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th April 2024 at 15:53. Reason: broken quote tag fixed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks