Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2007, 19:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Yes it is open - DCEite - I sent you the reply to your PM as well.

Tommorrow will be a good day to visit - not too many people !!
Old 3rd October 2007, 22:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone!
Went yesterday (Tuesday). Took a taxi (Indica), since dad didnt want me to take out our puny little city commuter to the highways. :( The journey took approximately 5 hours.
Took Gurgaon->Faridabad (via Gurgaon Faridabad road)->NH2 route. The roads were good specially after Palwal where there was moderate traffic. Was surprised by two toll booths though!

Now since this was my first visit, i was not aware of gate no.2. So like every first timers, got fooled by one of those middle man who offered to guide us to the second gate through a shortcut. Paid him 100 bucks.

But all in all, a great experience and thoroughly enjoyable journey.

cheers

P.S. Oh i love these Agra Pethas

Here is the beauty:

Last edited by DCEite : 3rd October 2007 at 22:19.
Old 3rd October 2007, 22:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

How was the Gurgaon --> Faridabad route through Bristol??
Old 4th October 2007, 08:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
How was the Gurgaon --> Faridabad route through Bristol??
Well, KP, the Gurgaon->Faridabad road is mostly traffic free. One can easily cruise at 80kmph most of the time. But the trucks can be a problem, since its a narrow lane without road divider, so overtaking requires good judgment. Other than that, there are few twists and turns and inclines, so gotta be careful. Its also a bit isolated area, so if your car gets stuck somewhere it might be difficult to find a mechanic. Its best to avoid this road at nights. But yeah, its a great alternative to the MG-Road-Tuglakabaad/Badarpur route specially for people living in DLF I/II/IV.
Old 4th October 2007, 11:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

DCEite, nice pic of the Taj!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Helo Dceite - Your Agra Guide is here !!!

Agra - you can visit the Taj - Red fort is good but visit only if you haven't seen the fort in delhi.
Err, hate to barge in on your party VK, what with it being your city & all that but just FYI - the Agra Fort has been closed for quite some time now - not open to tourists
Old 4th October 2007, 11:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Well, KP, the Gurgaon->Faridabad road is mostly traffic free. One can easily cruise at 80kmph most of the time. But the trucks can be a problem, since its a narrow lane without road divider, so overtaking requires good judgment. Other than that, there are few twists and turns and inclines, so gotta be careful. Its also a bit isolated area, so if your car gets stuck somewhere it might be difficult to find a mechanic. Its best to avoid this road at nights. But yeah, its a great alternative to the MG-Road-Tuglakabaad/Badarpur route specially for people living in DLF I/II/IV.
means you were at my place.

I live in Ansal's Valley View Apartment (multy story). That road is good and going to be 8 lanes very soon because of the traffic coming up very fast. I travel mostly in (from my sister's place- Power Grid Apartments) the night only mostly 11-12 in night and some time even 2-2:30 Am also after the night show, I have not faced any problem traveling in night. I bought the flat in 2005 Nov and shifted there in month of July last year.

Last edited by vivek_pinkoo : 4th October 2007 at 11:57.
Old 4th October 2007, 20:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
DCEite, nice pic of the Taj!

Err, hate to barge in on your party VK, what with it being your city & all that but just FYI - the Agra Fort has been closed for quite some time now - not open to tourists
Hey Sumanji !! I did not know that - very surprising - I assumed it is open even thoughI pass that road quite a few times every week. Strange !!!

I have not been there personally for ages..

DCEite - Glad you enjoyed the trip !!!
Old 4th October 2007, 21:10   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I have not been there personally for ages..
This is called "Ghar ki murgi Dal barabar" .
That is why I was thinking that for friday, its free entry for tajmahal and red fort which have stopped now. It used to be free some time back ( few years back.) I am growing old now

Last edited by greatDrive : 4th October 2007 at 21:12.
Old 5th October 2007, 14:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Thanks everyone!
Went yesterday (Tuesday). Took a taxi (Indica), since dad didnt want me to take out our puny little city commuter to the highways. :( The journey took approximately 5 hours.
Was surprised by two toll booths though!

Now since this was my first visit, i was not aware of gate no.2.
It took you 5 hours ? Thats longer than usual ? Were you struck someplace in a JAM ?

What is this Gate no. 2 business ?
Old 25th July 2012, 13:08   #25
BHPian

Re: Gurgaon to Agra by road- route suggestions needed.

Guys any update on Kundli-Manesar-Palwal Highway, this will reduce the travel time between Gurgaon & Agra.

Thanks!
Old 3rd May 2013, 12:41   #26
BHPian

Re: Gurgaon to Agra by road- route suggestions needed.

Ok.. pretty old thread.. opening it for one query. I have taken Gurgaon - Sohna - Palwal route a couple of times in last 2 years to commute to Agra. Saves both time and mileage. Suggested the same to my brother a couple of months back who was coming from Gwalior to see me. But he got stuck in a horrendous jam on Sohna main round-about. He then literally had to drive through people's courtyard and fields to hit the Sohna - Gurgaon road. He said people around him were telling him that it has become a routine there with it taking you 1 to 2 hours to clear that 500 meter stretch.

I have to leave tomorrow to drop off my parents to Jhansi and I was thinking of taking that Sohna road to reach Palwal. Can someone please throw some light if that was a bad day for my brother or it has really become a daily routine?

If it is a routine, I would rather stick to usual Gurgaon - Faridabad - Palwal route. A reliable reply is appreciated.

Last edited by New.Novice : 3rd May 2013 at 12:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks