Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2008, 19:02   #16
BHPian

Thanks Arun and Netfreak for the useful information.

I went to pilani last week and followed the same route as told by you. There were only a few patches of bad road, otherwise it was good. I covered the pilani to gurgaon in less than 3 hours.

Since we reached there late night, so couldn't get accomodation in Vfast or Alumni Hostel. We stayed at Vishram Griha (operated by Birla Trust) and it was good place to stay. 700 ucks for double bed AC room.
Thanks again
Old 17th September 2008, 14:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Thanks Arun and Netfreak for the useful information.

I went to pilani last week and followed the same route as told by you. There were only a few patches of bad road, otherwise it was good. I covered the pilani to gurgaon in less than 3 hours.

Since we reached there late night, so couldn't get accomodation in Vfast or Alumni Hostel. We stayed at Vishram Griha (operated by Birla Trust) and it was good place to stay. 700 ucks for double bed AC room.
Thanks again
Nice to hear abbey4u, i hope you had a good viva session & a memorable journey. Congrats on becoming a BITS-Alumni.
Old 6th November 2015, 11:40   #18
BHPian

Re: Delhi to BITS Pilani Route Information Needed

Any recent updates on the route?
Old 25th February 2022, 21:42   #19
BHPian

Hey folks, a very old thread, but still taking a chance, as the infrastructure situation may have changed by now. I will be travelling from Delhi to Pilani pretty soon. Just wanted a quick advise, if I should take the route via Jhajjhar or via Rohtak, what would be the pro's and cons of each route?
Old 25th February 2022, 22:21   #20
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Hey folks, a very old thread, but still taking a chance, as the infrastructure situation may have changed by now. I will be travelling from Delhi to Pilani pretty soon. Just wanted a quick advise, if I should take the route via Jhajjhar or via Rohtak, what would be the pro's and cons of each route?
I recently did Gurgaon - Farukhnagar - Jhajjar - Chhuchhakwas - Charkhi Dadri - Loharu - Pilani - Chirawa - Malsisar - Alsisar recently. The Charkhi Dadri to Loharu section is the only saving grace in the otherwise poor stretch. The Jhajjar - Charkhi Dadri section is full of craters and potholes. Basically, there is nothing exciting in the entire route and you will have to bear with the potholes and undulations. I haven't been on the Rohtak - Bhiwani - Pilani route so cannot comment on that.

During the return leg from Alsisar to Gurgaon, I took the Alsisar - Jhunjhunu - Chirawa - Narnaul - Behror - Gurgaon route and this is a much better alternative. This route has its fair share of village sections but is in a much better shape than the Jhajjar - Loharu - Pilani route. It is a longer route but saved me considerable time and energy.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 12:43   #21
BHPian

Just completed the round trip yesterday. Delhi to Pilani was: Delhi - Bahadurgarh - Jhajjar - Charkhi Dadri - Loharu - Pilani, the route was through many small villages enroute and it was 2 lane road with a dotted line divider. For overtaking you require to get into the lane with traffic coming from the opposite direction. So one requires to be careful while driving, and overtaking, and also be alert about oncoming traffic in your lane. This route was much more scenic and offered experiencing civilisation while crossing the enroute villages at low speed.
The return was Pilani - Loharu - Bhiwani - Rohtak - Bahadurgarh - Delhi. After Loharu, the road was 4 lane, and had a physical divider between traffic moving in opposite direction, so driving was a bit easier.
In terms of the time taken, it was more or less the same, and traffic was quite light on the highways.
Traffic was quite bad once we crossed Bahadurgarh in the evening.
Mission of dropping my kid to join the UG program accomplished .

Last edited by ajayc123 : 27th February 2022 at 12:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks