Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2007, 21:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore to Gulbarga : Route Queries

Hi,

Can anybody advice me the route to be taken from Bangalore to Gulbarga. I have seen the maps in Google earth/Maps of India. But if anybody has travelled in this route, pls advice which is the best suited for travel and how many hours it will take. By bus (Volvo-663 kms) it takes about 12 hours.

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th October 2007, 18:16   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Bus Route BLR to Gulbarga :

BLR - Hiriyr - Bellary - Sindhnur - Shorpur - Gulbarga.

The 12 hours that the buses take is a fair estimate, considering the 600 odd km distance.
Old 16th October 2007, 10:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Condor. How about the road condition especially after we take deviation from NH....
Old 17th October 2007, 11:48   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Typically state highways - un-divided, but quite good.
Old 22nd October 2007, 22:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for info. How about the roads now? I mean, have you driven there recently (after rains)? Sorry to ask so many things....
Old 25th October 2007, 16:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Which route would be better considering the internal routes (state highways) and what can be the time taken for this.

1) Bangalore-Tumkur-Sira-Hiriyur-C'durga-Jagalur-Kudligi-Hospet-G'wati-Sindhnur-Lingsur-Hattigudur-Jewargi-Gulbarga - Total distance 623 kms

2) Bangalore-Tumkur-Sira-Hiriyur-Challakere-Hangal-Bellary-Sindhnur-Lingsur-Hattigudur-Jewargi-Gulbarga-Total 579 kms.

3) Bangalore-Tumkur-Sira-Hiriyur-C'durga-Jagalur-Kudligi-Kushtigi-Hunugund-Muddebihal-Bijapur-Sindigi-Jewargi-Gulbarga - Total 654 kms.

Need your inputs.
Old 21st January 2009, 13:20   #7
BHPian

While looking at directions from Bangalore, both mapmyindia and yahoo suggested banagalore - anantapur - gooty - raichur - gulbarga, distance of 590 km approx 270 till gooty on NH and then 320 km in SH.

Please suggest.
Old 1st March 2014, 13:33   #8
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Gulbarga : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
While looking at directions from Bangalore, both mapmyindia and yahoo suggested banagalore - anantapur - gooty - raichur - gulbarga, distance of 590 km approx 270 till gooty on NH and then 320 km in SH.

Please suggest.
I'll be driving up to Gulbarga in next couple of weeks in my Palio Stile. I'm planning to take the NH-7 route this time as I'll be picking up a relative in Anantapur. Also, I travel frequently to Gulbarga as it is my home town and I know for a fact that the Sindhanur-Gulbarga stretch has only worsened in the last few years. I drove on the usual bus route (Bangalore - Tumkur - Bellary - Sindhanur - Shorapur - Gulbarga) in the past, but want to try out the NH-7 option this time. Distance may be a bit longer, but I don't mind as long as I get better roads. Has anyone done this route in the recent past? What will be the best route thru NH-7? Go all the way till Mahbubnagar on NH-7 and then deviate towards Gulbarga? Or, via Anantapur - Adoni - Raichur - Yadgir? How are the road conditions?

Last edited by prashkul : 1st March 2014 at 13:35.
Old 1st March 2014, 16:59   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
Go all the way till Mahbubnagar on NH-7 and then deviate towards Gulbarga? Or, via Anantapur - Adoni - Raichur - Yadgir? How are the road conditions?
I remember this discussion on the best way to hit Raichur from Hyderabad in the Hyd-Goa thread. In that respect there was a suggestion on taking Gadwal road. In other words when you go from Bangalore, drive past Kurnool and exit just before the Krishna river crossing. Drive to Raichur via Gadwal. And then take the usual Yadgir/Gulbaraga road.

This following is the route I meant:
Route

And here is the reference on Gadwal option to Raichur:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3227096

I think you should try this option. Gives you maximum coverage on 4-lane. And in fact it also seems to be much better an option than even the NH4 option.

Last edited by ampere : 1st March 2014 at 17:03.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 09:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hi Prashkul,

You can also take the Bangalore-Hospet-Bijapur-Gulbarga via Sindagi as roads are excellent upto Bijapur except a small patch around Hospet. The other longer option will be Bangalore-Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Gulbarga all the way NH, please avoid Raichur based routes as roads are horrible all around.

Last edited by deehunk : 2nd March 2014 at 09:48.
Old 2nd March 2014, 13:00   #11
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Hi Prashkul,

You can also take the Bangalore-Hospet-Bijapur-Gulbarga via Sindagi as roads are excellent upto Bijapur except a small patch around Hospet. The other longer option will be Bangalore-Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Gulbarga all the way NH, please avoid Raichur based routes as roads are horrible all around.
Hi,

I am also planning a trip to Sannathi, our home Goddess, during the first week of April followed by a visit to nearby Honagunta. The railway station nearest to Sannathi is Nalwar. We had driven down two years ago and stayed at Gulbarga. The route taken was via NH7, left towards Narayanpet, Yadgir and then took the road to Shahpur (instead of Shahabad) and messed up ourselves. Road from NH7 to Yadgir was OK and manageable.

This time we have decided to avoid gulbarga and instead stay at the temple complex at Sannathi and Hongunta. (Q1: BTW, any decent stay options at Yadgir?)

I prefer clean roads even if the distance taken is longer. Q2: Is NH7, Narayanpet, Yadgir, Nalwar route the best option? My understanding is this route is much better than the Raichur route. I have no idea about the Hospet-Bijapur-Sindhanur route. As per Prashkul, Sindhanur is not a good option.

Q3: If NH7 is a better option, which is the best route towards Narayanpet? Q4: Or, is there any other option from NH7 to Nalwar?
Old 2nd March 2014, 14:47   #12
Senior - BHPian

The problem with Sindhanur route is one horrible stretch between Siruguppa and Sindhanur and then narrow lanes of Surpur. I have never stayed at Yadgir so not aware of good hotels, to Narayanpet you can take Mantralayam route from Bangalore, then reach Raichur and from there Narayanpet. The border roads were relaid between Raichur and Mantralayam with a new bridge also, this can be a better option than NH7.
Old 2nd March 2014, 17:34   #13
mvp
BHPian

Thanks to all. NH7 is a pleasure to drive and will stick to it and further deviate via either gadwal or narayanpet
Old 5th March 2014, 19:25   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I remember this discussion on the best way to hit Raichur from Hyderabad in the Hyd-Goa thread. In that respect there was a suggestion on taking Gadwal road. In other words when you go from Bangalore, drive past Kurnool and exit just before the Krishna river crossing. Drive to Raichur via Gadwal. And then take the usual Yadgir/Gulbaraga road.

This following is the route I meant:
Route
Thanks Ampere! The distance on this suggested route is 627 kms and time is shown as 9:33.

If I look at the longer route on NH-7 i.e continue on NH-7 till Mahbubnagar and then turn off towards Gulbarga, the distance is 629 kms and time is being shown as 9:10. I'm beginning to think sticking to NH-7 till Mahbubnagar may be safer option versus traversing thru interior roads of Adoni-Yemmiganur-Raichur. In this case, the only unknown is on the Mahbubnagar-Gulbarga stretch. Any idea on how good or bad this stretch is? I have heard some positive reports on this route.

Quote:
Hi Prashkul,

Thanks Deehunk. This time, I need to hit Anantapur to pick up a relative and co-passenger. So, looking for options via Anantapur. Coming via Hyderabad will be a stretch/round-about I feel since I have heard some reports of good roads via Sedam. In fact, people driving to Hyderabad from Gulbarga have started taking this route (via Sedam) versus the older Gulbarga-Humnabad-Zaheerabad-Hyderabad route. Of course the older route is still used by buses.

Quote:
The problem with Sindhanur route is one horrible stretch between Siruguppa and Sindhanur and then narrow lanes of Surpur. I have never stayed at Yadgir so not aware of good hotels, to Narayanpet you can take Mantralayam route from Bangalore, then reach Raichur and from there Narayanpet. The border roads were relaid between Raichur and Mantralayam with a new bridge also, this can be a better option than NH7.
Now there are several bad patches after Siruguppa. Earlier it was just a bad patch around Maski but now large stretches of road between Siruguppa, Sindhanur, Maski, Lingsugur and Shorapur have gone bad.
prashkul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 19:50   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
I'm beginning to think sticking to NH-7 till Mahbubnagar may be safer option versus traversing thru interior roads of Adoni-Yemmiganur-Raichur. In this case, the only unknown is on the Mahbubnagar-Gulbarga stretch. Any idea on how good or bad this stretch is? I have heard some positive reports on this route.
Good find! Did not strike me! The roads are good!

Check this out:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3346173

At least we now know : Pargi-Sedam-Gulbarga is good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks