Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2007, 14:48   #1

Route to Holenarsipura from Bangalore Via Mysore

Hi All,

Joined TBHP today. My query is about the route from Bangalore to Holenarsipura via Mysore. Can anyone guide me through to Holenarsipura Via Mysore? The reason i choose this route is because the road after Channarayapatna(on Bangalore-Hassan route) to Holenarsipura is virtually non-existent. Work on this road (widening and asphalting) is going on from about 2.5yrs. I am mainly interested in the route i should take that will lead from the outer ring road of Mysore to Elvala and Bilikere on the Mysore-Hassan route. I am not sure if the signboards will help me.

Thanks and Regards,
sachin131
Old 19th October 2007, 17:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sachin, you need not go that for to Mysore Ring Road, instead you can take a right turn at Srirangapatnam itself, about 2km after Srirangapatnam main junction, there is a right turn for Brindavan Garden, Ranganathithu Bird Sanctuary, Power Grid...Take that road (you will hit a level crossing immediately entering the that road from Mysore Road), it is a nice 2 laned road, keep going straight, in about 26km you will be on the Hunsur Road, ask for right turn in Elvala fo H.Narsipur...

I would still suggest you to take the CRpatna route as CRpatna - H.Narsipur is just about 23km and road till CRpatna is a breeze...

Abhi
Old 19th October 2007, 17:43   #3

Akroy, though CRpatna-H.Narsipur is 23km, it will take about 1.5hrs to do 23km on that road. And more over, the road is currently unmotorable. Instead of risking damage to the vehicle and also the pain driving for 1.5hr in that road, i would prefer a road which is very good all through from Bangalore to H.Narsipur. Detour is accepatable if the roads are good.

Anyway thanks for your guidance. I will surely take the route you have suggested to cross Mysore.

Thanks & Regards
Sachin
Old 20th October 2007, 14:13   #4

Bangalore to Holenarsipur

Sachin,

Bangalore to Holenarsipur Via Mysore/Srirangapatna might take you longer than Bangalore - Hassan -Holenarasipur because of number of towns you have to cross in between Bangalore and Mysore.
( It depends on what time you start from Bangalore)

Bangalore - Hassan route is a breeze once you cross Nelamangala.

Some facts:
-----------
Bangalore - Mysore - Holenarasipur : Approx 200 -210 KM.

Bangalore - Hassan - Holenarasipur : Approx 225 KM.
(Bangalore - Hassan( till bypass) - 190 KM Hassan - HNP(34 KM))

You can try round trip , to check it out.
Old 20th October 2007, 16:10   #5

We are planning to be out of Kengeri by 5:30 in the morning!
Old 22nd October 2007, 20:08   #6
BHPian

If you take the Mysore road,you'll do HN pura in about 4hrs,if you leave by 5 a.m.If you take Hassan,you'll do it in 3.5 hrs.Take your pick.
Old 15th September 2008, 18:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Need one help.

Which is best route to travel between hassan and Mysore?

1. Hassan - Hole narsipura - mysore
2. Hassan - channaraya patna - krishnarajpet - mysore

I am ready to take any of the route which is better in shape. destination is mysore from shimoga so can take via hassan or channaraya patna. i would like to take better instead of shorter route.

Thanks,

ravi.
Old 15th September 2008, 18:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
2. Hassan - channaraya patna - krishnarajpet - mysore
Do that route, I did it quite recently and was in good shape.
Old 15th September 2008, 18:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Riju for quick update,

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 3rd September 2012, 18:20   #10
BHPian

Re: Route to Holenarsipura from Bangalore Via Mysore

I intend to travel from Bangalore to Holenarsipura this weekend. I prefer the Channarayapatna/Hasan route. There is a route from CR Patna to Holenarsipura as well as a route from Hasan to Holenarsipura. Which road would be better to travel on?
Old 3rd September 2012, 18:32   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee
I intend to travel from Bangalore to Holenarsipura this weekend. I prefer the Channarayapatna/Hasan route. There is a route from CR Patna to Holenarsipura as well as a route from Hasan to Holenarsipura. Which road would be better to travel on?
The Hassan option is definitely better. But that would be a bit longer. The Mysore Hassan SH via Holenarasipur is very nice.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 18:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
I am not aware of the current conditions of the CR Patna-Hole Narsipura route. But, I'm guessing it is good. I remember one of my friends telling me it was a very good road, but this was sometime last year, so even if it has deteriorated, it should be not much of a hassle (I'm still guessing).

Hassan-Hole Narsipura is in very good condition as usual and there are no problems whatsoever.

I would suggest CR Patna-Hole Narsipura route. It is much shorter and is just 25kms (between CR Patna-Hole Narsipura) whereas you will almost cover 40 kms extra if you take the Hassan route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The Hassan option is definitely better. But that would be a bit longer. The Mysore Hassan SH via Holenarasipur is very nice.
A bit? It will be almost 45-50 kms extra distance. I still think these extra kms are not worth it unless the condition is very very bad on the straight route (which I doubt)

Last edited by addyhemmige : 3rd September 2012 at 18:41. Reason: Added quote & comment
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 18:38   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I am not aware of the current conditions of the CR Patna-Hole Narsipura route. But, I'm guessing it is good. I remember one of my friends telling me it was a very good road, but this was sometime last year, so even if it has deteriorated, it should be not much of a hassle (I'm still guessing).

Hassan-Hole Narsipura is in very good condition as usual and there are no problems whatsoever.

I would suggest CR Patna-Hole Narsipura route. It is much shorter and is just 25kms (between CR Patna-Hole Narsipura) whereas you will almost cover 40 kms extra if you take the Hassan route.
Thanks buddy for the quick reply. Let me do that route and update this thread.
zoombiee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 18:56   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
A bit? It will be almost 45-50 kms extra distance. I still think these extra kms are not worth it unless the condition is very very bad on the straight route (which I doubt)
Its definitely not worth it as you said. And yes it is 40km more!
CR Patna to Holenarasipur is kind of a decent road with rough patches here and there.
Again I dont know the latest. I had been on this route, quite some time back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
Thanks buddy for the quick reply. Let me do that route and update this thread.

Even I would recommend CR Patna Holenarasipur road.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 12:24   #15
BHPian

The trip was delayed by two weeks as my daughter was not well. Here are the facts -

1) Road from Bangalore to Bellur is excellent. From Bellur to Channarayapattana the road condition is bad.
2) Channarayapattana to Holenarsipur road condition is excellent (undivided road) except for a km before HN Pur where there are loose rocks and no tar.
3) Bangalore Mangalore road condition in Hasan is pathetic.
4) Hasan Holenarsipur road is in excellent condition. The road is undivided but the surface is smooth as butter
5) Hasan - Holenarsipur - KR Nagar - Mysore road is also an excellent road. Amazing scenery, less traffic and extremely smooth surface.

During the onward journey took HSR - NICE - Kunigal Cross - CR Pattana - HN Pura road. Total distance - 214 kms. Time taken was about 3.5 hours without any break.
During the return journey took the HN Pura - KR Nagar- Hunsur Cross - Mysore - Bangalore road. Total distance - 250 kms. Time taken about 5 hours with an hours break in between.

Opinions -
Going via Mysore is a better option in terms of driving pleasure. Better scenery, better places to stop over and less traffic after Mysore. The secret is to avoid times when Blore-Mysore traffic is at peak.
Going via Hasan is not a good idea. Road gets progressively bad from CR Patna to Hasan.

There is another route which I was advised against taking (due to possible Cauvery unrest). HN Pura - KR Pet - Maddur - Bangalore. This route is also apparently scenics and the road condition apparently decent.
zoombiee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks