Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2007, 15:05   #1

Pune to Udaipur

hi Guys,

I have recenetly purchased a Swift in Pune & planning to visit my parent currently located at Bhilwara (near Udaipur) Please suggest me the best route for it ( Via Indore or Via Ahemdabad)

Thanks!,
anshim.
Old 25th October 2007, 16:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anshim View Post
hi Guys,

I have recenetly purchased a Swift in Pune & planning to visit my parent currently located at Bhilwara (near Udaipur) Please suggest me the best route for it ( Via Indore or Via Ahemdabad)

Thanks!,
anshim.
Pune-Bomay-Vapi-Surat-Bharuch-Vadodara-Ahmedabad-Himmatnagar-Rishabdeo-Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Bhilwara.

This is the shortest and best route - first on the Expressway and then on NH8 till Baroda, on expressway till Ahmedabad, NH8 again till Udaipur, NH76 to Chittorgarh and Nh79 from there to Bhilwara - a GQ route all the way.

A little bad roads between Surat and Baroda. All cities are bypassed.

It is a very long drive, difficult to do the same day. Hence, maybe what you could do is to leave Pune early in the evening on Day 1, drive on till Vapi (150 kms from Bombay, which means do around 350 kms that evening), and start off the next day from there so taht you can reach Bhilwara by night.

The route enables you to bypass Ahmedabad also. I have log books for this route in case you wish to have them, please PM me.

Indore route is to be totally avoided, bad roads and messy route.
Old 25th October 2007, 16:13   #3
BHPian

The road between Thane and Atul ( I think thats what its called ) is really bad , with plenty of craters en route , I woud'nt recommend doing this section at night.

The other really bad part is between surat and Baroda heavy traffic and roads are virtually non existent not .

This stretch of approx 180 kms ( correct me if I am wrong ) took me approx 4.5 hrs.

Apart from these stretches its smooth sailing all the way.. enjoy your drive
Old 25th October 2007, 16:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchimni View Post
The road between Thane and Atul ( I think thats what its called ) is really bad , with plenty of craters en route , I woud'nt recommend doing this section at night.

The other really bad part is between surat and Baroda heavy traffic and roads are virtually non existent not .

This stretch of approx 180 kms ( correct me if I am wrong ) took me approx 4.5 hrs.

Apart from these stretches its smooth sailing all the way.. enjoy your drive
The road is bad only for a small stretch (when going North) between Ghodbunder and Vasai, but great otherwise. When you are coming back, it is really bad on this stretch. But I think repair works should have already started and should be OK in the next couple of weeks time.

Road is being widened between Surat and Vadodara, but this road has been patched up here and there - it is not very bad but there are several pot holes. The real problem is that 2-3 flyovers are under construction in Surat bypass and Baroda bypass that are causing bad traffic jams.
Old 5th March 2009, 12:14   #5
BHPian

I will be driving down to Udaipur from Mumbai on the 12th march. Will be starting in the afternoon at 1.00pm and take a night halt at Baroda. Then will drive in the morning to Udaipur. Anybody have an update on the road from Bharuch to baroda, kindly give update on the same and also any other updates on the condition of the roads. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by dkhatau : 5th March 2009 at 12:16. Reason: for got to mention from where i was going to start
Old 5th March 2009, 13:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
I will be driving down to Udaipur from Mumbai on the 12th march. Will be starting in the afternoon at 1.00pm and take a night halt at Baroda. Then will drive in the morning to Udaipur. Anybody have an update on the road from Bharuch to baroda, kindly give update on the same and also any other updates on the condition of the roads. Thanks in advance.
Stay at Baroda is a good option, from there to Bhilwara, its good roads all the way.

Baruch to Baroda the surface is mostly smooth, except on some switch-overs (betwen Ankleswar-Baroda ) of sides where its a little rough. As HVK said, there are bottle-necks on the over bridges of Surat; yesterday a friend drove back from Shiridi to Ahmedabad on a Fiesta through Nasik, Saputara, Surat, Baroda, Ahmedabad; Surat to Baroda he took 3 hours 35 mts, between 1 and 5 pm, no major blocks. Baroda flyover junctions are regulated better now, its the Surat ones that are still a pain.

--Ramky
=====

Last edited by ramkya1 : 5th March 2009 at 13:20.
Old 5th March 2009, 13:26   #7
BHPian

Thanks Ramky sir, for the information.
Old 5th March 2009, 20:40   #8

[FONT=Arial]Drive is very fast after Baroda (first the expressway, then continuation of NH8). From Udaipur, it becomes even more faster. A small stretch in and around Chittorgarh town is still 2 lane highway, and you will have to go in through teh town, although that is not a big problem. Before that yeah Surat is still a pain.. Have a safe drive. Enjoy![/FONT]
Old 6th March 2009, 01:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anshim View Post
[FONT=Arial]Drive is very fast after Baroda (first the expressway, then continuation of NH8). From Udaipur, it becomes even more faster. A small stretch in and around Chittorgarh town is still 2 lane highway, and you will have to go in through teh town, although that is not a big problem. Before that yeah Surat is still a pain.. Have a safe drive. Enjoy![/FONT]
Chittorgarh Bypass is now complete, and you do not have to go through the town.
Old 29th February 2012, 17:02   #10
BHPian

Re: Pune to Udaipur

any fresh inputs on pune ahmedabad route? i want to avoid mumbai traffic
Old 29th February 2012, 17:13   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakkher View Post
any fresh inputs on pune ahmedabad route? i want to avoid mumbai traffic
Please refer this link, I did Bangalore to Jaipur in Nov,11, so mostly routes have not changed much http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-varanasi.html

OT:I see your location as Durgapur, where in Durgapur you stay?
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 05:08   #12
BHPian

i have just moved to pune. i was at DTPS colony at Mayabazar earlier. thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks