Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2007, 17:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Road To Hal Heritage Museum

Hai TBHpers,

Need road directions to reach Hal Heritage Museum, Near Vimanpura Primary School.

I will be driving down from Satara to Bangalore thro NH 4, will reach Bangalore around 0700 PM or so. I guess I will have to head for Airport road, then Manipal Hospital and then the museum.

What is the best road to reach this area thro NH4 and how much time it will take for me during this time in the evening.

Will be there for 2 days and then head down to TN. Would be nice to meet some great peple here.

--Ramky
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Exact Address For Directions

Hai PPL,

The address I have to reach is:

Sriveerbhadranagar Rd, Basavanagar, Bangalore -560037. Though I have a GPS, I'd trust the directions of an actual residant any time.

I need directions from around Yeshwantpur / Sadashiv Nagar towards Basavanagar. Tnx.

--Ramky

Last edited by ramkya1 : 2nd November 2007 at 11:08. Reason: REMOVING TAGS
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:36   #3
BHPian

Hi ramkya1,

Dont know where Sriveerbhadranagar Rd is, but I stay opp to Basvanagar BusStand!
From sadashivnagar, go to Trinity circle(MG road)->airport Road->Cross airport->keep looking to ur left, u'll see HAL Foundry etc, then will be HAL Helicopter Division..there are 2 gates. On ur right will be the boundry of airport. Just after you cross the second gate of HAL helicopter division...100mts, there is a road going left. Landmark is a white building names Touchdown. Also towards the left you'll see big board for "ADA"..Aeronotical somethig.....just go in that raod...1.8kms drive into the curved road and towards ur left will be Basvanagar BusStand. On ur way u'l cross Canara bank(left), a kalayan Mantap(left). Just behind the busstop(an open ground) there is "Nina Beauty Parlour(huge board).

Let me know if u have any problem.

P.S: HAL heritage museum is after the left turn that u have to take...so in case u see heritage museum on ur left...just take the next left(alternate route), this left starts with a huge iron gate...and is just before the newly constructed HAL Police Station. This road is parallel to the curved road and joins it abt 1km down the line, and u'll still see the above landmarks.

Regards,
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Hi ramkya1,

Dont know where Sriveerbhadranagar Rd is, but I stay opp to Basvanagar BusStand!
From sadashivnagar, go to Trinity circle(MG road)->airport Road->Cross airport->keep looking to ur left, u'll see HAL Foundry etc, then will be HAL Helicopter Division..there are 2 gates. On ur right will be the boundry of airport. Just after you cross the second gate of HAL helicopter division...100mts, there is a road going left. Landmark is a white building names Touchdown. Also towards the left you'll see big board for "ADA"..Aeronotical somethig.....just go in that raod...1.8kms drive into the curved road and towards ur left will be Basvanagar BusStand. On ur way u'l cross Canara bank(left), a kalayan Mantap(left). Just behind the busstop(an open ground) there is "Nina Beauty Parlour(huge board).

Let me know if u have any problem.

Regards,
Mohit,

Thanks for that detailed post.

I have to reach Namjoshi Road now called Basavnagar Main Road and Ashville Apartments thereabouts. I spotted Basavnagar Busstand on the Google maps thanks to your accurate landmarks. Will mail you if I need help.

How much time would it take around 6 PM from Tumkur Road to this place?

--Ramky

=========
Old 2nd November 2007, 15:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Ramky sir, Just saw HAL Heritage Meuseum in wikimapia...I cross that road everyday to go to office...Also Basavanagar is just 1 km from my house (I never knew it was Basavanagar, infact I thought it was Malleshpalya / HAL etc ),
Pls SMS me the exact address of the apartment, if reqd, I will personally go & locate the exact location...
Everyday I cross TataSherwood and Shobha Apartments from Kagadasapura Main Road (where I stay!) to reach Airport Road and then go to Ecity...

Abhi

Last edited by akroy : 2nd November 2007 at 15:05.
Old 2nd November 2007, 15:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ram..
You would be hitting Bangalore at peak hour traffic and you wud b entering the city I call The City Of Jams & One Ways...so a better idea would be to keep as much as possible out of the city..keep driving on the ring roads so that u dont have to enter the city...As you come from Tumkur on the highway,you would hit a junction (a huge signal) just before yeshwantpur take the left from the junction..the arrows wud say Hyderabad highway/outer ring road...take the left and keep going on the ring road...after a while you would reach the Hebbal flyover....go straight under the flyover...a left would take you to yelahanka(hyd h/w) and right would take you into the city(sadashivnagar etc)...keep going straight...follow the direction which says KR Puram/Hosur....go on the ring road till you reach the next flyover on the route...slightly before the flyover-incline,take a right(you would see most of the vehicles taking a right)take the right and the first left and then just follow the road..the road wud take a right curve then a left curve and you would end up at the NGEF Factory on Old Madras Road...from the OMR-NGEF junction take a right and you wud immdly hit a signal...from the signal take a left into the BEML Road...keep going straight till the end of the road..the road ends on airport road signal..from the signal take a left,on the right you would have the airport boundary wall and on the left after the HAL Helicopter division u wud get HAL Museum...(from the left at the apt road signal follow Mohit's route)..the only advantage with this route is tht u will not end up getting into one way tangles and neither will you get into any bottlenecks...this way you dont enter the city at all...i wud recommend this route any day this way if u reach the tumkur road junction at 6pm u shud b at HAL Mue by 7-715pm..trafc on the ring road is dense but moving...unlike city traffic...all the best with ur drive..
to summarise:
TUMKUR RD JN---OUTER RING ROAD---HEBBAL FLYOVER----ARABIC COLLEGE POST---KALYAN NAGAR---NGEF---OLD MADRAS ROAD---BEML ROAD---AIRPORT ROAD SIGNAL---HAL HELICOPTER---MUSEUM...
Old 2nd November 2007, 16:10   #7
BHPian

hmmm...tumkur road, not sure where it is...but am guessing its near iskon. From iskon, you can come via Dr. Rajkumar road..to malleshwaram police st-->majestic-->over the anand rao flyover-->hudsan circle-->KG Road-->MGroad(jewels de paragon).
This should take abt 1 hr.
And from MG road to airport 45 mins. 20 mins from airport to basvanagar.
Ashville, i think i have seen..its abt 500mts further down from basvanagar bus stand. akroy, should know...somewhere near Fair choice supermarket.

Regards,
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Tbhp Rocks

Hai PPL,

You guys rock........ TBHP rocks.

I got so much information to make a conscious choice. I've googled all the roads you guys mentioned; looks like the outer ring road is the broadest and would be smoothest. Even if its longer looks like a better bet than cutting straing through yesvantpur etc.

Will get in touch, when I hit Bangalore.

--Ramky

=======

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks