Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2023, 20:19   #16
BHPian

Re: Need route guide for Melkote near Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrajdr View Post
Yeah you got it right. The service road exists - just that there is no exit from the expressway to the service road.
Google has removed those non-existent exits. Now google maps shows the route you took on your returns as the route to melkote now.
Landkruzer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 09:52   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landkruzer View Post
Google has removed those non-existent exits. Now google maps shows the route you took on your returns as the route to melkote now.
Do we have such exits? The maps says one can directly exit out? Is that possible? Or there is a ramp/underpass running below?
Old 5th May 2023, 11:39   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The maps says one can directly exit out? Is that possible?
I guess what was mentioned was, the exit from highway to service road is shown in map, but not present actually.
I doubt the issue is since during widening time there was multiple diversions / exits which got closed after work was done. In Google that may not have been updated immediately.

That aside, no there are no right turns, one has to take under/ overpass after an exit to get to other side.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 20:24   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Do we have such exits? The maps says one can directly exit out? Is that possible? Or there is a ramp/underpass running below?
Quote:
Originally Posted by natrajdr View Post
On the way back, Google became smart and suggested a longer but better route - via Pandavapura and Byadrahalli railway station to hit the expressway. Much better roads and (except for a little patch near the station) and I made it back in less than 2.5 hours. I'd recommend the same route for the onward journey too (there is an exit to take this route)

I dont think the map is correct where it shows an exit now. As per "natrajdr" (post 12) there is an entry and exit at this point. (maybe just before the underpass) We need to wait for the updated satellite imagery to suggest corrections to googl maps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks